Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heko Wind Deflectors Clips Won't Go

Mental_Atom

I just installed my heko wind deflectors, but I can't seem to get the clips in no matter what I do! I've cut the skin on my thumbs to shreds but the channel just seems way too narrow. Any tips? 3 door :)

I just installed my heko wind deflectors, but I can't seem to get the clips in no matter what I do! I've cut the skin on my thumbs to shreds but the channel just seems way too narrow. Any tips? 3 door :)

With my MK2 5dr they only go in so far. I had to jam them in with a flat head screwdriver but even at that the clips sit out slightly. Wasn't like that on my mk7 fiesta, they went in easy enough and disappeared!

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 1

With my MK2 5dr they only go in so far. I had to jam them in with a flat head screwdriver but even at that the clips sit out slightly. Wasn't like that on my mk7 fiesta, they went in easy enough and disappeared!

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Really? I was pushing them and they wouldn't even start to go... Lol. Let alone disappearing!

Really? I was pushing them and they wouldn't even start to go... Lol. Let alone disappearing!

Try the screwdriver. It took me a while to get them in. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 1

Try the screwdriver. It took me a while to get them in. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

How much force did you have to use? I'll try again in a few mins

Hard as ye want lol because it stops when it goes right in mines went in fine lol and use a screwdriver (shows this in the wee pictures too)

• Like 1

I used the blade of a plastic ice scraper and they went in straight and easy.

Don't worry all - got then in in the end... They just need a little "persuasion" it seems...

post-54954-14221743686_thumb.jpg

post-54954-142217438376_thumb.jpg

post-54954-142217438447_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Lol so you assaulted them and abused them to go in......... (persuasion....) Lol

• 2 months later...

I had the exact same issue when fitting mine.

Brute force wins again! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Yeah they can be a bit fiddly. I found it easy to push them in with a plastic trim tool that had a wide edge on it, so the clip doesn't wobble about while it's being pushed in. Just keep an eye on the plastic around the outside of the window, because I noticed it bulging out where the clips are, and it's actually damaged slightly.

I removed my Heko deflectors yesterday mainly because I noticed this damage, but also I wasn't happy with them in general, with the big blind spot they create around the A pillar.

• Like 1

Yeah they can be a bit fiddly. I found it easy to push them in with a plastic trim tool that had a wide edge on it, so the clip doesn't wobble about while it's being pushed in. Just keep an eye on the plastic around the outside of the window, because I noticed it bulging out where the clips are, and it's actually damaged slightly.

I removed my Heko deflectors yesterday mainly because I noticed this damage, but also I wasn't happy with them in general, with the big blind spot they create around the A pillar.

Yeah I was thinking this because of the blind spot, but I'll keep them until I've done my 2000 mile road trip because that was the purpose! You do kinda get used to the blind spot though (and they are a bit transparent anyway).

When i put mine in, when i would go through the car wash during the winter soap would leak through the window. I removed the clips and works just as fine. I'd personally leave the clips out but it's up to you.

I had to force the clips in with a screwdriver. As I learnt to drive with the wind deflectors in I got used to the blind spot and passed my test first time no minors with them fitted, having only learnt for a month. They make a massive difference to wind noise & also keep out the wet stuff!

• Like 1

I wondered about wind noise, the shuddering effect I get. So these eliminate that?

Yeah :)

Yeah I was thinking this because of the blind spot, but I'll keep them until I've done my 2000 mile road trip because that was the purpose! You do kinda get used to the blind spot though (and they are a bit transparent anyway).

Yes you do get used to it, but I kept moving my head to compensate for the blind spot. Then after I took them off it was such an improvement. Especially when going round a roundabout you're basically looking at the A pillar which is so easy to see around without the deflector in the way.

Yebut, do they work? :D

They do indeed work, even up to 70 mph they stop you being buffeted with wind. But the wind noise is still there, it may be quieter but above 40 mph with the windows cracked upon you won't be able to hear anything else over the wind.