Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 7.5 Bumper Upgrade On A Mk 7

Jeff Cooper

Probably a long shot, but I know it has been done looking at various cars for sale on fleabay; Has anyone changed the front end of a Mk 7 to the new style 7.5? I know it would definately need the bumper with new fogs, lights and bonnet, but any other knowledge would be really usefull in working out wether it's worthwhile.

Don't quote me on this but while talking to my mate (ford mechanic) he said that even although it's possible, some of the mounting points are different.

Didn't go into too much detail since its the 7.5 I've got but it's worth looking into. Maybe try and get a cheap bumper, even half of one from someone breaking a car?

bumper, bonnet, lights, fogs.... is it worth it for a fish face?

Apparently it's just the bumper and bonnet which needs to be changed (and of course all the fittings that go with those two parts).

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I think the op is right, I think the lights do need changing as well, from memory (I had a mk7 before my 7.5, and my SiL has one too), I'm pretty sure the lights are different in some way (LEDs aside)

Btw what's this about a fish face???

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Its all about being able to - I love the fact that we can show Ford that their "major, expensive" upgrades can be done for pennies (relatively speaking) - so if I can do it, I'll do it. As for the fish face, I guess I must like it !!

The lights do need changing (along with a modified loom) as the old lights secure into the mk7s small intake thus having different fixing points.

As for being do-able everything is do-able if you got the time. If you can get your hands on the parts for not a lot of money then I say go for it.

Yeah just look around breakers you will get good deals for the new bumper and front end etc do same for everything and you will save loads for the fish face that I love (which I found out a lot of Vauxhall fans call it).

My girlfriend who judges cars on looks calls mines mk7.5 the boy and the mk7 the girl as she said mk7.5 looks more aggressive and mk7 looks more and I'm quoting here on this ....."cute"

My brother calls the 'face' of the 7.5 more aggressive than the 7 as well, weird that. Personally I like it more the 7 front / 'face' reminds me remotely of a Peugeot...

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

me and my gf always called it fish face especially the ones with slatted grills rather than honeycomb