Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash Cams

Will-MK7

Hi everyone!

I know some people already have one of these fitted. I have been looking at getting one, but I just want to know people's opinion on them and which one they would go for?

I don't really want a massive camera on my window screen, I would like one that's Discreet and I can hide the wires for one aswell.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I'm gonna call Lenny to this thread lol mobius is favourite because it's good and sleek but Lenny has all the answers lol

Cheers mate, yeah would like something that's hidden and not obvious haha

its the mobius dash cam and thats a guide how to wire it in :P

Thanks for doing that mate will look into getting one of them.

Would prefer one with a screen though haha.

Haha if you have a screen more power it would use a guess lol

Cheers for the help mate, will get a few reviews up on some I've seen and see what's best haha

If you want one with a screen it will be much bigger. There's no point in having a screen on a dash cam in my opinion, you can connect the Mobius to a laptop to view videos, maybe a smartphone would work too.

• Like 1

I have a thread of my own (check my signature). I like the cam, but I cant say I would turn down a mobius!

i got a cheapo one from amazon for £10 lol... sits in the corner of the passenger triangle window and causes no issues :) its hidden, wires are all tucked away, switches on when i turn the car on and turns off when cars off. films everything and has a flip down screen. quality inst amazing but if your using it as protection then what more do you need.

if your using it to go blasting down country lanes then get a go pro

i got a cheapo one from Amazon for £10 lol... sits in the corner of the passenger triangle window and causes no issues :) its hidden, wires are all tucked away, switches on when i turn the car on and turns off when cars off. films everything and has a flip down screen. quality inst amazing but if your using it as protection then what more do you need.

if your using it to go blasting down country lanes then get a go pro

I used a cheap one like that before but the video quality was so bad that you can't read number plates unless you're quite close. Hopefully yours is better but at £10 I doubt you'll get a very detailed picture from it.

I used a cheap one like that before but the video quality was so bad that you can't read number plates unless you're quite close. Hopefully yours is better but at £10 I doubt you'll get a very detailed picture from it.

Mines ok, :) not perfect but can certainly read number plates etc :) but yeah i used to have one on my old rover and that was awful. a person on the side of the road was just 1 pixel haha

I use the Roadhawk DC-2 for the front which utilises GPS & Google maps and a G-Force sensor. I use a cheapo camera for the back window (E-Prance). You can view some of my videos in the dashcam sub-forum.

http://shop.roadhawk.co.uk/roadhawk-dc-2-dash-cam

http://www.amazon.co.uk/E-PRANCE-Recorder-G-sensor-Megapixel-Detection-DVR/dp/B00FKTQ3NE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1422282612&sr=8-5&keywords=e-prance

I have a nextbase one there good but there pretty expensive video quality is brilliant aswell.

Bear in mind though, the evidence for dashcam to be used in a prosecution if necessary must be clear, plates legible and features visible. If the picture is blurry it's little use to any prosecution and may be as much use as not being had I'm an insurance claim

Might look into that, is that reasonable before or after our discount.

Looks good but I think mobius is probably better lol

I use the E-Prance Mini and it's fantastic, superb picture quality and just records when I start the car, It's £72 but it has the GPS logger and built in memory. You can buy the same camera without these features for less

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JJI41LI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

You could also install Daily Roads Voyager onto an Android phone for free too.

I have a Cobra 820E, small thing, screen on reverse, HD quality day and night, I think Argos is doing them for £60 online, comes with everything you need. I highly recommend it.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

Here's a little bit of footage from mine, it really isn't anything exciting but it shows the quality, I also mute the sound as there's no real need for it.

Night:

Day:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for your help and advice on the dashboard cameras, decided to order a next base one as they don't look to big, have a little screen and no ones had any problems with them yet.

Thanks again

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club