Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 2L Ghiax Petrol - Inconsistent Temperature Reading On Dashboard

MondeoMarcus

Hi there, been thru a number of posts and also completed the test looking for codes, but all seems to be ok. My temperature indicator on the dash board stays at low 90% of the time and occasionally will go to half way (which I beleive is correct and where it should be all the time after warming up) but this is only for 2/3 minutes before it goes back down to cold. Any suggestions on what part might need replacing?

90 degrees is a good place to be, I wouldnt worry about that?

Hey jeebowhite. Thanks for reply. My only concern is that it only stays there for a few minutes. The majority of the journey let's take today 30 miles in 1hr and it moved for like 2 minutes of that journey, the rest of the hour it was on cold and didn't move. Any suggestions. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Have you got the egr blanking plate on?

Hi Jeebowhite, so only had the car 2 weeks. Been through my Haynes and found Exhaust Gas Recircultion (erg) but it doesn't mention a blanking plate. Would this be something fitted or is it now programmed? Not sure where it would be fitted. She seems to run fine, just a little concerned that the fan kicks in when really it shouldn't need to at the moment as its so cold out.

Also how does 260 miles sound for 39 litre's of fuel on said 2L automatic?

Sounds like a thermostat broken up in the housing to me , very common on 2001- 2007 model if thats your version