Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Heated Rear Screen And Mirrors Not Working

pragmatix

The electrical problems keep coming, just realised that the heated rear screen and door mirrors are not working, fuse is good and the switch illuminates, wher to look next?

if your having multiple issues, detail them all below, I would start by checking the fuse box for any water ingress and multiple blown fuses. Then I would be looking at the wiring harness for the connections being both secure, and fray free. I would be looking to check the wiring

Yep done all that can't find any blown fuses is there a relay anywhere , it's an estate if that makes a difference, also it has a tint applied to the rear screen I wonder if it's been disabled to stop the tint bubbling.

Pete

There are relays, will look to see where they are later, think its on boot fusebox

Thanks will try to locate the rear fuse box, not in the position that is shown in the handbook I have downloaded , any ideas, it's not on the N/S rear.actually it is but not as shown, relay seems ok

All seems fine now, must have been the relay not seating right took it out and replaced it hey presto it now works, hope it's not an intermittent fault, well it'll do for now, starting to hate this car

Glad you got it sorted. More often than not it is a temporary issue so hopefully it won't come back for you. Things work loose in time and miles so hopefully will behave

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club