Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Annoyed To Say The Least!

laumk7

A while ago I bought something mail order from a company and they messed up the terms of the repayments, so to teach them a lesson I set up a payment plan - they could wait for their money! I didn't need to do this, but I was upset they'd ignored a direct instruction from a customer

Anyway, today I get an email from one of my other companies - my credit score has been affected, I think wtf?! So duly go on both experian and equifax to check what's going on, equifax have a single red flag on my otherwise perfect green credit score, it's this frigging company!

They've logged that I haven't paid them for 4 months, despite my setting up (and paying!) a standing order for the past 3 months, so I call them and query the 4 months thing, only to get told they count from the time the goods arrived, but can't answer why payments are down as not received when I've got in black and white on their own website no less payments have been made.

I cleared the debt in fury with the bank immediately on seeing what they'd done, only to realise much later I'd forgotten to add my account number as reference, so call the bank, they can't reverse the payment but say it should bounce back with no payee details, if not call e company directly (again)

I'm due to collect my car in March on ford credit finance, has this company just messed that up for me? I've called my dealer and they've told me the agreement has been agreed and cannot be 'un'agreed, but I'm still panicking ford only lend on perfect finance as it is. it's taken me years to work back an excellent green credit history after difficulties with my ex husband some year ago screwed everything up, has that all been undone by some thicko in the office of this company not paying attention? (Again)

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Credit check was done by Ford when you got approval at the point of order.

They won't run another check now, so won't know about the red flag.

• Like 1

Also you don't just have one "universal credit score", different companies have various ways of checking whether someone can afford to pay back a loan.

I checked the other site experian as well and I'm still down as excellent, which is good. I'm just genuinely 'annoyed ;)' that one company who I could've afforded to pay off immediately but chose to teach a lesson to have messed up my score (possibly) on one of the main used sites - equifax

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club