Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote Central Locking - Fiesta

10dawson

Hi all,

I have got a 2014 Ford Fiesta Studio (mk7 I believe or even mk8) and funnily enough - it came without remote central locking!

I did go to a go who tried to put in a Toad kit for me but for some reason he managed to mess all of the electrics up and I had to take it back to Ford to get fixed!

Going forward, is this a good idea to get this looked into again? Is putting remote central locking onto a Mk7/8 Studio Fiesta possible? IF so does anybody have any advice/who to go to etc...

Any feedback would be HIGHLY grateful, I hate being one of the only people in the world with a new car that does not have remote locking :-(

Many thanks!

I assume you just do not have a key fob to lock/unlock remotely?

The car should have central locking, at least with a key?

No I do not have a fob key to unlock sadly, just a plain old key you put in the door...

Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

But does the car have central locking by key?

So when you unlock the door, does it unlock all doors?

Yes it does lock/unlock all the doors on the car - does that help with adding a remote to it? Somebody did try to do it for me but mucked up all of the electronics in the car & Ford had to fix it for me!

I'm just wondering whether the receiver is fitted or not and if it would be as simple as having a remote key programmed to the car...

Did the Ford dealer say anything about it being possible?

No they did not say anything sadly, at the time I didn't even want to talk about it I just wanted the car working.. They guy mucked it up that much that the doors was not locking and no lights would work either!

If you were me, as I am not too good with cars or technical - how/what would you ask Ford?

Yeah I would go ask Ford if they can program a remote key to the car, or if it requires additional hardware being fitted.

Be prepared to pay around £80 for a remote key though.

Thanks Alex

If they say they can not do it, would it be worth going somewhere else for it or not? Any remote programmes you recommend?

I don't know anyone to recommend unfortunately.

It wouldn't surprise me if the car has all the necessary hardware it just wasn't supplied with a remote key fob.

Thanks Alex, fingers crossed! Hope they can.. If they can I owe you a beer..

Ford have just told me that they can not put central locking on a vehicle that hasn't got it fitted from factory!

Only thing I can think of is someone who has the knowledge to source the parts and has an IDS to enable it on the cars software.

I think the security side of the software is quite restricted though...

• 7 years later...

Hey, did anyone work this out? This is the only thread I can find on the internet about this 🙄

Surprised about that. Don't know what words you used, but this looks like the kit

https://www.rclick.co.uk/shop/index.php?id_product=9&controller=product

and you need a local auto electrician to fit it. Look in Yellow Pages or your Thompson directory that comes through your door every year - oops, showing my age! Try Google

Maybe you included Fiesta in your search??? Don't do that, as this kit will fit any car that has manual central locking, as far as I know.

Ah that's why then - I was trying to search specifically for a Fiesta, didn't realise the kit should fit any model that has manual central locking.

I'm going to get in touch with an auto electrician and see what they say.

Will come back and update in case anyone else is curious. 

Thanks so much for your reply!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 3/2/2022 at 6:12 PM, saint1 said:

Ah that's why then - I was trying to search specifically for a Fiesta, didn't realise the kit should fit any model that has manual central locking.

I'm going to get in touch with an auto electrician and see what they say.

Will come back and update in case anyone else is curious. 

Thanks so much for your reply!

Have you managed to do this?

On a German forum, I found some very useful information. It seems that the car is equipped with everything necessary, the only issue is a software limitation. Specifically, the "Door Remote Control" is coded as "Without remote control." This can be modified using ForScan, and it should be set to "02 - Door remote, multichannel, no remote start." Then, the only thing left to do is to program the new remote key.

2 hours ago, yo2002 said:

On a German forum, I found some very useful information. It seems that the car is equipped with everything necessary, the only issue is a software limitation. Specifically, the "Door Remote Control" is coded as "Without remote control." This can be modified using ForScan, and it should be set to "02 - Door remote, multichannel, no remote start." Then, the only thing left to do is to program the new remote key.

Have you looked on FORScan to see if the option is there?

4 hours ago, yo2002 said:

Then, the only thing left to do is to program the new remote key.

Just need to make you aware that if your vehicle is European 2015 specification then the ability for you to programme in a new key (remote or standard) to the immobiliser is not available to do yourself.

3 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

Have you looked on FORScan to see if the option is there?

I have not done this myself but a picture of this option from FORScan is available in the same topic.

Get a fob programmed and see if it works, looks like it will, you may need an RKE antennae though, as well

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club