Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Things Couldn't Get Any Worse....

Stephjane91

I put my streetKA in the garage for some work last Wednesday and I'm still without it.

I needed a new power steering pump and my coolant needed flushing as it had rusty water in it. In the meantime my boot decided it wanted to stop opening so the garage had to break into to find that it needed a solenoid. They ordered the part last Thursday...it didn't turn up at all so they waited until today to ring ford and find out that the part had been there since Saturday. They got the part and finally started the rest of the work today

I then had a phone call to say that they had accidentally ripped my back window....I am so angry/upset. I know it was probably an accident but it's the fact that I have no idea how long I am going to be without my car now. I only bought it about 13 days ago too!

Sorry for the rant just can't believe my luck! The garage have said they will pay for the back window to be replaced at least!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Sorry to hear all your bad luck hope they fix the roof as soon as they can, at least it will be nice and clear and hopefully more supple than the old one so it will last you.

Look on the bright side though, at least it's winter and so you can't enjoy the car at its best with the roof down - imagine if it had coincided with our usual two weeks of summer!

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting on my car to be fixed. It's been ridiculous! Apparently there is another company taking my car on Monday but have no idea how long it's going to take them to sort it.

I've been without my car for 3 weeks now :(

Great case to argue a few hours reduction in labour costs for the inconvenience. Watch out for them hiding the cost of the rear window in with other parts to by adding £10 here and there.

Oh don't worry I have had the conversation with them already about costs.

The work I had done before this whole hassle started with the back window was at £265. I have made sure that we have verified that this is all I will pay them once the work is done. If they try to charge me more then I will take this further. They told me it was going to cost £200 just fit a new back window but like I said they should have been more careful!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club