Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford C Max

John2015

Hi,

I have a Ford C-Max 1.6 turbo diesel 2008 and has been running rather rough for a few weeks so I thought I would take it to my local ford dealer in Bolton. I then took my car in on Monday and told them the car had loss of power and idling badly, my car has been left with them and they have informed me today that my DPF filter has gone. I asked how much this would be and they told me around £850 + VAT. I asked them why this has gone and they told me it's because I have been doing short journeys, will let u know how it goes

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Have you been doing short journeys?

The thing is diesels hate short journeys and can cause problems, every week it needs a blast up the motorway high revs to clear out the rubbish and build up of soot.

It could be the egr these are prone to cause problems, a few guys I know have blanked the egr off but it has a hole in the middle so it doesn't put on the MIL light.

Do you know if you have fault codes?

No fault codes came up just last a lot power I have service every 12 months but I do 8 miles a day not good for it

wrong car for your short journeys, petrol cars may be slightly less economical but thats alot of extra fuel for £850+vat every few years.

should have fault codes if dpf blocked as dpf pressure sensor should detect pressure difference and put dtc and light on.

As above there should be fault codes and maybe MIL light on, not sure on service intervals for the 1.6tdci but on the 2.0tdci servicing is every 6000miles and as you are doing short journeys it might be worth changing the oil shorter interval than 12 months.

Try another non ford garage, not that I don't trust ford at all but it doesn't sound right.

All done it runs a lot better will have to see how I go on with it I will be selling it and get a focus petrol

If it does work now it should not play up any more.

Thanks for all avice may keep it for now it's been a great car I cot it from new and it's in mint condition

Yes I took it in to Gordon's of Bolton I always have it service there so I will have to see how it goes on I have been out in tonight for a run and it seems to run better now

All done it runs a lot better will have to see how I go on with it I will be selling it and get a focus petrol

Was it the Dpf ?

Yes it was the DPF not good I just I will be ok now

They fitted DPF and I had a full service all the filters done so it will be ok for 12 months I will change the oil at 6 months

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club