Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rs Fiesta.

E5GDM

I heard from the dealer when I bought my ST2 in November that there expecting them late 2015 early 2016.

I don't like it tbh, there's something about it, maybe just the photo but mmmmmm no

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

If it happens I'll be very tempted, but it still looks like it's only speculation. First of all who produced those pictures? Not Ford obviously. And all they have to go on is this quote:

“The current Fiesta has another two- and-a-half years before it’s replaced. We’ll update the ST within that period, and after that there could be something else,” Tyrone Johnson, senior vehicle engineer for Ford Performance told us.

So apparently "something else" = Fiesta RS confirmed!! lol

The thing is if the RS does come out it will be based on a 10 year old platform, and although it's a great platform it might start to look very dated compared to the MK8 whenever that comes out. I'd rather they redirect any effort they might be putting into the RS and instead focus on getting the MK8 ST ready so we don't have to wait until 2025 for it :). And then they could have a chance to make an RS a couple of years later instead of it being right on the doorstep of the next model.

main radiator grill and one below look cat reminds of a basking :D shark feeding

That's just the photoshop from last year but in a differnt colour. They just photoshop mustang wheels, grills and part of the lights on it.

If they do make a fiesta RS (and I hope they do), if it looked like that I don't think I'd bother. Needs to have more power than that as well.

I'm going to say that any talk of a late 2015 or early 2016 introduction is way out, if the model even exists outside from the imagination of the press.

Basing that on the lack of any photos of test mules out and about on roads or at the Ring etc.

Take a comparison with the mk3 Focus RS and how long it's taking for the car to even go through press launch since testing prototypes were snapped.

I can't see it being 2015/2016 myself but that's what the dealers are hoping for and what my dealer told me. But nearly all salesman are compulsive liars anyway. I can't see any more than 250bhp either cause there not going to want to take sales from the focus and pitch them too close together. I Think it will be a more aggressively styled ST rather than that picture that auto express have put up and I don't think it will have 4wd if there not putting it in the focus why would they do it in the fiesta. The only thing they do have right so far is that the RS is usually at the end of the life cycle but with the recent facelift focus I cant see the RS being at the end of that life cycle this time round.

Its not going to happen, even the guys who work for Ford in the dev centers are saying its all bs, just ask them on fb!

• 1 month later...

No that'll be the next fiesta's running gear under the current cars body.

• Like 2

No that'll be the next fiesta's running gear under the current cars body.

That makes sense, but I wonder what's going on with the different front grille. Maybe they're just experimenting with different aerodynamics, or maybe that's a possible grille design for the new car?

That makes sense, but I wonder what's going on with the different front grille. Maybe they're just experimenting with different aerodynamics, or maybe that's a possible grille design for the new car?

They be trying to have the same size opening if the new car on the old car.

Like how the article says its a test mule for the RS but the intercooler is tiny, the exhaust looks small and the tyres aren't very wide, hardly fast car material.

• Like 1

It does make sense that this could be an early test mule for the RS.

It seems odd that ford would bother adding bigger arches, a different grille, what looks like rear disk brakes from the silver caliper, the apparent intercooler.

This points more towards an RS fiesta far more than a bit of hearsay and an auto express render!

It does make sense that this could be an early test mule for the RS.

It seems odd that ford would bother adding bigger arches, a different grille, what looks like rear disk brakes from the silver caliper, the apparent intercooler.

This points more towards an RS fiesta far more than a bit of hearsay and an auto express render!

Your cars got an intercooler doesn't make it an RS, most cars increase in size when being replaced so the parts would need to be covered. They do this type of thing all the time, it would be good if an RS was coming though and it's fun to speculate.

Rumour has it the ST is getting a mid life update next year. So may not be the RS i can't see that being the next fiesta in old clothing to much points to a sports model.

The ST and other mk7.5 are already a midlife update of the current fiesta shape, there a new fiesta due 2017.

Nothing on those pictures points to a sports model, small intercooler like the 1.0l ecoboost, small high profile narrow wheels and tyres and a small exhaust.

They be trying to have the same size opening if the new car on the old car.

Like how the article says its a test mule for the RS but the intercooler is tiny, the exhaust looks small and the tyres aren't very wide, hardly fast car material.

Exactly, it's not like wide tyres are hard to come by so I don't see why they would use standard looking tyres to test an RS.

The used standard tyres on the focus RS test car. That's what they do so u don't know what it is. It's also been confirmed that the ST will have a update before the next model (ie the old ST 500) as an end of line model.

• Like 1

it probably won't happen tbh. the ST is selling too well to kill of the sales to make a few RS sales, may also kill of ST used sales and the vast surplus ford have in stock already.

Plus at about 23K it needs to be 4WD, over 230BHP and a 0-60 of around 5.5s. reason being to beat the S1 and Polo R that's soon to come out, the other issue is Ford will have is no one will buy the Focus ST, the Fiesta would be cheaper and better on fuel and performance and not lose much money unlike the Focus which bleeds money or they make it too expensive that no one buys it. rock and a hard place for them.

Plus RS models are unattractive from the aspect they are stupidly expensive to insure as they have always been at the top of the nick list along with Audi RS models, look on Autotrader at how many stolen recovered and Cat C FRS's there are. a HPI clear one costs nearly 10k more, you need a garage to own one with a Rhino post in the door way too.

Either that or they bring it out and half !Removed! it and make it crap to keep focus sales afloat.

The used standard tyres on the focus RS test car. That's what they do so u don't know what it is. It's also been confirmed that the ST will have a update before the next model (ie the old ST 500) as an end of line model.

They used the 18s form the ST, how can you meaningfully test a performance model without its correct suspension or wheels/tyres?

Link to ST500 confirmation?

it probably won't happen tbh. the ST is selling too well to kill of the sales to make a few RS sales, may also kill of ST used sales and the vast surplus ford have in stock already.

Plus at about 23K it needs to be 4WD, over 230BHP and a 0-60 of around 5.5s. reason being to beat the S1 and Polo R that's soon to come out, the other issue is Ford will have is no one will buy the Focus ST, the Fiesta would be cheaper and better on fuel and performance and not lose much money unlike the Focus which bleeds money or they make it too expensive that no one buys it. rock and a hard place for them.

Plus RS models are unattractive from the aspect they are stupidly expensive to insure as they have always been at the top of the nick list along with Audi RS models, look on Autotrader at how many stolen recovered and Cat C FRS's there are. a HPI clear one costs nearly 10k more, you need a garage to own one with a Rhino post in the door way too.

Either that or they bring it out and half !Removed! it and make it crap to keep focus sales afloat.

Why do they have to compete with VW and Audi?

Why would a potential focus ST owner go for the smaller fiesta? They could have gone for the fiesta ST but didn't because they needed the space perhaps.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club