Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Waxing ya car . . . . . . .

EzzyRallyBoy

I recently bought some Platinum Protective Extra Gloss (as it was voted the winner of AutoExpress May Special Issue Product Awards 2009 Best Polish) with the intention of waxing my car but having read the instructions I am confused. It says it "seals in wax protection", so its not a wax then its a sealer ?? How does it vary from a normal wax ?? - The instructions sort of suggest you wax the vehicle with Platinum Series Car Wash then apply the Platinum Protective Extra Gloss over the normal wax approximately 2 hours later.

Why, why would you want to do this ??, why not simply wax your car ?? - Why seal it ??- What else would be sealed in as well (small droplets of water in the air maybe) that could eventually damage your paintwork ??

Anyone any advise / anything to add ?? :blink:

I use auto glym extra gloss after a polish, makes it very shiney and water jus rolls of it. looks like it belongs in a show room!

wash, shamy, polish, gloss.

Hmmm, firstly - liquid wax is difficult to apply. I find it much easier to make a mess with anyway!

Having had a look at the turtlewax platinum range - yes, what you have is not a wax in the traditional sense. It's a top coat for the wax.

Now I do do that - but not with these products. I've done two cars lately trying out two different waxes. Autoglym high def and Dodo Juice Supernatural (impressed with both incidentally - not sure the Supernatural is worth twice the money of the AG, but that's an aside). After applying a couple of coats of each (one product on each car that is) I 'topped up' the overall protection with Dodo Red Mist (which is a quick detailer). Having read a lot on detailing world, this seems common practice and is supposed to protect the wax and mean that it needs to be applied less often. The final finish on both was excellent - very wet.

I use auto glym extra gloss after a polish, makes it very shiney and water jus rolls of it. looks like it belongs in a show room!

wash, shamy, polish, gloss.

I polished Mrs Hedgepig's Sportka yesterday with Mer using the above method and the car shone when I'd finished.

A few weeks ago I polished mine with Autoglym Ultimate wax and again a fantastic result.

Like Sussex said, you end up with a mirror finish and water just rolls off. :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club