Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Econimcal Are Kuga's On Fuel Diesel ?

sundance

picking up a 180 powershift automatic awd kuga from new in march according to ford it can do 51 mpg ?

is this possible or just sales pitch ?

currently driving a mondeo 130 2 ltr tdci zetec which ive had for nearly10 years on an 05 plate and i can get what ford stated i could achieve 53 to the galleon, i always hit 52 to 53 mpg on motorway A roads ect

cheers

mark

Hi Mark, like you had a Mondeo (140) and book said 47.9mpg combined, Kuga says the same combined but on exactly the same 141 mile round trip journey I have travelled for 28000 mile in the Mondeo and achived a consistant 46-47 mpg the Kuga reaches 42 mpg on the same 141 mile round trip after 21000 mile. The Mondeo had done 96000 and always gave me around 46mpg.

My Kuga is a 163 BTW.

42 mpg is not bad, i can live with that, thought 51 mpg was ambitious though

thanks for info phil

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mark,

I am driving a 2013 Kuga 2L Tdci 163PS, AWD, Currently get between 33 - 38 Mpg, if I drive it like a saint I can get 45 ish. but you can never go above 50Mph or your back below. 40 on mine. currently I have done nearly 40K on my Kuga. in a year and a half.

Must admit I am not the slowest driver in the world. So a little may be down to that.

I was looking to get the New Mondeo 180PS but I think I will stick with my kuga untill I have paid it off as the MRS likes it.

Cheers

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Just got My Kuga Remapped what a difference now getting 42 -44 Combined and 51-55 on the Motorway. And so much quicker.!

• 1 month later...

Hi mark got 2011 Mk 1 2L.Tit X 163ps automatic average is 37mpg

Cheers Dave

Just got My Kuga Remapped what a difference now getting 42 -44 Combined and 51-55 on the Motorway. And so much quicker.!

Hi, New to the site and new to Kuga's.

I have a Kuga Titanium X 2wd 2.0TD and currently only get around 38mpg. Can you tell me where you had your Kuga remapped to get 42 - 44, that sounds good.

Thanks

Its a heck of a jump to over 50mpg and not heard of it working so well.

You know what beats me, why dont Ford do a tweak to the engine, it would have quietened a few voices regards MPG, and better MPG is generally better efficiency so you'd think it would meet the EU emission standards much easier. Or maybe the EU standard are killing the MPG.

• 2 weeks later...

I used a remap box from eBay, as I didnt want anything permanent.

But what a difference I now get 450 miles from a full tank and average 42 and that's with being right foot happy. If I reset the average mpg on the M8 I'll get over 50 easy just not aground town. Although I'll try For a good score tomorrow

I unplugged it to put the car in for its service. It felt so slow in comparison. And I ran it like that for a week but averaged 32~34 mpg normally couldn't wait to get it plugged back in.

450 miles from a tank only works out to be 34mpg. If you were getting 42mpg you should be able to get 550 miles from a tank

Sorry I didn't do the math just read it from the trip. Before I was getting 330/370 ish out of a full tank. So 450 for me was awesome. I have noticed the difference on my fuel spend.

Not sure how accurate it is be mindful that I got 47 mpg this morning and then 32 this afternoon after showing up a Cora vxr I have a heavy right foot. And covered 170 miles today.

plus its big sided and heavy not exactly good for mpg

True but I don't drive it nice 100% of the time more like 10% and quick quick 90% of the time. But it's made better after I fitted the 8" touchscreen like the new c max

I used a remap box from ebay, as I didnt want anything permanent.

But what a difference I now get 450 miles from a full tank and average 42 and that's with being right foot happy. If I reset the average mpg on the M8 I'll get over 50 easy just not aground town. Although I'll try For a good score tomorrow

I unplugged it to put the car in for its service. It felt so slow in comparison. And I ran it like that for a week but averaged 32~34 mpg normally couldn't wait to get it plugged back in.

I'd be vary careful about these things off eBay, good in the short run, but could damage the engine etc over time, only what I've heard. Apart from that, good luck with it.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

Just had a look on their website, seems quite good actually, I was thinking of the cheap end of tat, not at this realistic price for the 'box', keep us posted eh.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah the box was about 80 quid and it's well paid for it's self. I dont intend to sell my car due to my My ford Touch Upgrade and that I have had it less than two years and clocked up over 45k on it already. as I use it for my business.

the box has added a lot of extra power. before Corsa Vxr's would pass me slowly and still beat me. in my Kuga now they are left behind it's a huge difference in performance. I like the ability to unplug it before I put the car in for a service. and when you drive it nice ie when the family and kids are in the car it's really good on fuel.

i'm averaging 38.5 mpg on the 180 awd and done 3500 miles so far, mostly A roads and the M1, im hoping it will go up a bit more as i clock up the miles

sounds good about the re-mapp and £80 not bad at all especially if its just a plug in:)

a friend of mine is a real petrol head he keeps going on about a re-mapp saying you cant go wrong aswell

probably be on my to do list!

which 1 did you go for on eBay?

you'll have to let me know how it performs with fuel economy after a few weeks

hopefully bit of a difference

couldnt see any chip boxs for my model with that manufacturer but early days yet, im sure ill find something

cheers alan

mark

I have been running it since 10 March, figures varies as I tend to drive a bit quick as i like the extra grunt on acceleration. especially when the MRS and the kids aren't in the car.

before fitting it I was getting 32-34 MPG, that was with just me in the car if you get my drift. and 36-38 with the family in tow.

now I am getting 36-38 with me and 42-46 with the family in tow.

If I drive like a saint I can get it as high as 48 combined trip from Glasgow to Edinburgh. Cruse control actually makes the figure worse. lol

post-63663-0-21123400-1432680433_thumb.j

This is without any tuning box. This was after a fill up from a long motorway/combined journey the day before but a short Journey of 7 mile where the engine didnt get to temperature and never exceeded 60mph prior to the fillup and was in June last year. Mileage now 29800. Avearge display is usually over 42 mpg

post-62775-0-01093400-1432701790_thumb.j

Hi Phil, that's awesome, without the box I get 32-34.

What spec is your kuga is awd or fwd and what engine 2.9 tdci 140 163 or 180 ps and is it an auto.

I just wish I could never exceed 60 mph but I am an it engineer and spend all day on the road with people asking me how long time I get to them etc so never slower than 70 perhaps half my problem. Is my right foot.

That was ment to say 2.0 had my one year old climbing over me lol

bit off topic ,but the instrument panel looks crap poor design from ford :wacko:

The New Ford Edge and the new kuga for 2016 looks like it's getting the mondeo Titatium style dials. and a new dash, I quite like the dash on the Kuga much better than fords of past but it has been about for a little while.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club