Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie here with some questions

MarkyR

Hi guy's,

I've been reading this forum for the last week or so and you lot seem like a friendly bunch so thought I would join an post my questions :D

I have ordered myself a lovely brand new Mk7 Fiesta Zetec S. It will be white and have the street pack plus side skirts, heated windscreen, USB, bluetooth, voice control stereo.

I was wondering if you guy's can help me though. I have been pondering about weather to buy the alloy pedals or not? Is their any advantage bar looks to them? The sales guy asked me when I placed the order and I didn't fancy is then but now I've been thinking. So are they any good?

Another question I have is about the finance. I am using the scrapage scheme to buy it, saying goodbye to an old Rover coupe :) and I am getting the car using the Ford straight purchase finance, I pay for the car over 4 years and it's mine. I want to get insurance on the monthly payments however for protection against sickness or unemployment etc. The Ford cover is £35 a month, the sales man told me to go and shop around as he thought it was very expensive.

I have searched the net and found this:

http://www.britishinsurance.com/loan-payme...-insurance.html

Which is much cheaper BUT it only covers you for 12 to 24 months where as the Ford one covered the life of the payments. Has anyone heard of anybody else or is it worth paying the extra for the Ford cover? Normally I wouldn't worry so much but considering the current climate we're in with a nasty recession etc IMO it's not worth the risk.

Anyway thanks guy's, hope you can help? I'm turning into an impatient person, delivery date is end of September!!

Hi guy's,

I've been reading this forum for the last week or so and you lot seem like a friendly bunch so thought I would join an post my questions :D

I have ordered myself a lovely brand new Mk7 Fiesta Zetec S. It will be white and have the street pack plus side skirts, heated windscreen, USB, bluetooth, voice control stereo.

I was wondering if you guy's can help me though. I have been pondering about weather to buy the alloy pedals or not? Is their any advantage bar looks to them? The sales guy asked me when I placed the order and I didn't fancy is then but now I've been thinking. So are they any good?

Another question I have is about the finance. I am using the scrapage scheme to buy it, saying goodbye to an old Rover coupe :) and I am getting the car using the Ford straight purchase finance, I pay for the car over 4 years and it's mine. I want to get insurance on the monthly payments however for protection against sickness or unemployment etc. The Ford cover is £35 a month, the sales man told me to go and shop around as he thought it was very expensive.

I have searched the net and found this:

http://www.britishinsurance.com/loan-payme...-insurance.html

Which is much cheaper BUT it only covers you for 12 to 24 months where as the Ford one covered the life of the payments. Has anyone heard of anybody else or is it worth paying the extra for the Ford cover? Normally I wouldn't worry so much but considering the current climate we're in with a nasty recession etc IMO it's not worth the risk.

Anyway thanks guy's, hope you can help? I'm turning into an impatient person, delivery date is end of September!!

Good afternoon Mark and welcome.

Nice spec on your car and I love the colour. It's really grown on me and I think that white is now the new black!

Alloy pedals are a cosmetic enhancement to your car and don't really serve any purpose but it's your choice of course.

As for the finance protection, normally I'd say don't bother as it's money down the drain but I can see why you'd want to take it.

I'd suggest approaching your bank for a loan as they are normally either cheaper or on a level par with the dealer and you might get free redundancy protection.

Otherwise, just trawl the internet for payment protection schemes.

I agree with Hedgepig - payment protection insurance is one of the biggest wastes of money in history. It is very rare for them to actually pay out...and they cost you a fortune.

As for the alloy pedals, I like them and think they should be standard on the Zetec S and Titanium models. I bought mine from the Ford parts site after buying the car - they were £10 cheaper that way and are easy to fit yourself.

Thanks guys. I understand when you think it's a rip off for the insurance cover but surely they pay out if needed? Isn't it good piece of mind? I've been in my current job for nearly 3 years but you do never know.

And DanGull, wow, £40! Are they exactly the same as the ones you can order for fitment from the factory?

And as to the colour, haha, I REALLY struggled on that, didn't like the blue, wasn't sure on the red, the grey and black I didn't like. I was thinking the silver but every other car is silver, I told the sales man I was split between the silver and white I was told to not get the silver as it's so light it's close to the white so save my money. And it looks really sport in the pictures in white! I am yet to see one in the flesh though!! The car I test drove was black.

If you can afford the pedals and you like the look of them why not add them to the spec list.

Yup - identical pedals. Look here:-

Alloy Pedals on Ford Parts UK

You can also get the scuff plates, mats etc. for less.

The cost of the pedal covers there is the same as it is on the factory options list? Does anyone have the pedals?

Yeah, they were cheaper when I got them :lol:

They are the official Ford pedals, I have a set.

Haha, must of been a promotion price. Do they look really good? Do they make a big difference in the feeling?

Yeah, they were cheaper when I got them :lol:

They are the official Ford pedals, I have a set.

Those pedals are pretty pricey... There's no footrest either. Do you think the Focus 2008 pedal set would fit? It has a footrest but it's £66!

Are the alloy pedals worth it?

Focus 2008 pedals

Hey Marky, very nice spec list & good choice of colour... how much are you paying for it (if you had bought it outright)?

Hey Marky, very nice spec list & good choice of colour... how much are you paying for it (if you had bought it outright)?

I was £15620, plus £50 if I get the peddles :) but I knock £2000 of that straight away cause of the scrapage scheme.

Think I will get the peddles as they do look pretty nice. Adds to the sporty theme.

I've got the pedals in my Zetec (fitted them myself) took around 2-3 mins to do it. I ordered the parts from the parts deparment at my dealer for just under £40 including VAT - but this was back in November 2008. Worth every penny i think as they finish the inside off very well (on a black car anyway)

As for the Fordpartsuk site, yes they look cheaper than the dealers....untill you add the item to the basket and notice the price jumps up 15% for the VAT, then add shipping costs too. So it will be cheaper to order from Ford i think :)

Another question I have is about the finance. I am using the scrapage scheme to buy it, saying goodbye to an old Rover coupe :) and I am getting the car using the Ford straight purchase finance, I pay for the car over 4 years and it's mine.

With regard to the financing of your lovely new set of wheels . . .

Have you thought about doing 2 years on the Ford options thing and then buying out the remaining lump some with the Ford finance or go elsewhere for it - currently they are oftering the options thing on 3.9% APR which is a rate you sill struggle to beat and overall you might actually save money rather than paying more like 8% for the duration of the loan? It is how I am financing my leap from a Smart For Two up to what I have ordered

You mgiht want to give your dealer a quick call and get him to give you the payment amounts for both options and then you can decide

With regard to the financing of your lovely new set of wheels . . .

Have you thought about doing 2 years on the Ford options thing and then buying out the remaining lump some with the Ford finance or go elsewhere for it - currently they are oftering the options thing on 3.9% APR which is a rate you sill struggle to beat and overall you might actually save money rather than paying more like 8% for the duration of the loan? It is how I am financing my leap from a Smart For Two up to what I have ordered

You mgiht want to give your dealer a quick call and get him to give you the payment amounts for both options and then you can decide

Hi, yeas I did look at this deal but decided it's not for me really hence why I chose to go down the other route.

I called the dealer in regards to the peddles and they can't be added to the order but I can buy them from the stores and have them fit them. May do that. I was also told it's apossible early September delivery date :D :D

Hi, yeas I did look at this deal but decided it's not for me really hence why I chose to go down the other route.

I called the dealer in regards to the peddles and they can't be added to the order but I can buy them from the stores and have them fit them. May do that. I was also told it's apossible early September delivery date :D :D

Yeah, I've been told that too. Unfortunately, I was told end of July, beginning of August, middle of August, end of August and now September... :lol:

Yeah, I've been told that too. Unfortunately, I was told end of July, beginning of August, middle of August, end of August and now September... :lol:

Haha, well that's depressed me LOL, at least the longer it takes the more deposit I can save then hehe.

Hey guy's, I just have another quick question :) Does anyone know the average milage of the tyres on the bug 17" alloy's? And what tyres do they have fitted as standard?

Also this Pioneer upgrade system I see posted on here, is that an option offered by Ford dealers?

I took out the reduandancy protection when I got our car, think it added about £9 a month, didnt go for the sickness part just the unemployment, did this as my company were making redundancies at the time. I am doing the 3yr option scheme with a view to paying the lump at the end to keep the car - well thats the theory but who knows in 2.6yrs time lol. Love your choice of colour too lol x

I took out the reduandancy protection when I got our car, think it added about £9 a month, didnt go for the sickness part just the unemployment, did this as my company were making redundancies at the time. I am doing the 3yr option scheme with a view to paying the lump at the end to keep the car - well thats the theory but who knows in 2.6yrs time lol. Love your choice of colour too lol x

Thanks Michelle, that is cheap. I shall have a word with the dealer I think, I'm hoping I can save at least a grand for the rest of my deposit which will hopefully then give a cheaper payment protection price too. I have never heard of the company's on the net, would rather go for someone I know or Ford's finance company.

• 1 month later...

Hey guy's. I called my dealer today and I am going on Friday to sign the finance documents and he said the car is on track to be with them next week!!! :D :D :D He said it has left the gate something? Can't remember? If it arrives next week (I live in Dorset so Southampton or Bristol is closest) does that mean it has been built in Germany or Spain??

does that mean it has been built in Germany or Spain??

If the 7th and 8th letters in the VIN are GA then it was built in Cologne, if WP then it's from Valencia.

Thanks mate.

I went to the dealers to sign all the paperwork today and was told my car has been put back to the 26th now :( :(

And I need some more advice, I wanted to buy the alloy pedals and have them put on for me, the dealer told me not to bother and buy some from Halfords as they are only clip ons that they sell!!! He said save your money and go to Halfords, they are not FULL alloy pedals??

He also said when I asked about the audio Y lead for the ipod to get it from Maplins again because it's cheaper??

EDIT:

I just brought the pedals and the Y cable from Ford Parts UK online. I like the Ford pedals and as I have read in the Y cable thread, you have to use the Ford cable for the connection to work properly.

• 2 weeks later...

MY CAR IS AT THE DEALERS!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Pick up day is Saturday!!

On another note, as I am still waiting for the delivery of my pedals and cable, can anyone answer my question above about them????