Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worst interior accessory ever invented..?

Flic

So I just googled Fiesta Accessories for a bit of a nose about, thinking about getting some new mats as mine are starting to curl as they don't have the clippy bits to hold them in place (Can I buy those on their own?) and I came accross this Aussie forum thread discussing any after market accessories they might be or have put on their Mk7 Fiesta and one person has a DASH MAT!? What the heck?

mat2.jpg

How to ruin the look of your new car in one easy step! What purpose do they have?? I just don't get it :blink:

Here's the thread in question - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11266410

ewwwwwww thats bad. maybe he's trying to go for the flocked dash effect, but badly wrong!

How awful.

Flic, I have the clips to keep the mats in place but you have to cut the carpet to put them in so Ford don't recommend you use them, they still gave me mine though.

I have them if you want them as I won't use them.

x

How awful.

Flic, I have the clips to keep the mats in place but you have to cut the carpet to put them in so Ford don't recommend you use them, they still gave me mine though.

I have them if you want them as I won't use them.

x

Ooh, well I've already cut where the holes are :lol: silly me thought there might be something in there to pull, out... I was wrong haha! Would you mind? That'd be wicked, my mats are starting to annoy me, they look messy all curling up at the top. How much would you want for them? x

PM me with your address and they'll be in the post tomorrow morning :)

Oh bless you, thank you so much! You're a star :D xxxx

PMing now

Thanks hun :) Really appreciate it! xxx

that mat is sexhayyyy :wub:

Well, this is coming from the country where everybody wants a "ute" (Utility vehicle. eg a pickup truck) and people think nothing of having woollen seat covers in their cars. BLECH!

I once got into someone's car and the woollen seat covers looked like they hadn't been cleaned or changed in years! It was only out of politeness that I didn't ask for a bin bag to cover it up before I'd get into the car...

Do Ford or any accessory makers sell those mat clips on their own?

Also, isn't the person blockind the central dash vent?

Just a thought.

As it's in Oz, these maybe so that the top of the dash isn't bleached by the sun, a problem that could well occur and would look unsightly on a coloured dash. Maybe they are only meant to be used when the car is parked up, just like windsceen shields, as I can't see the point otherwise.

Just a thought.

As it's in Oz, these maybe so that the top of the dash isn't bleached by the sun, a problem that could well occur and would look unsightly on a coloured dash. Maybe they are only meant to be used when the car is parked up, just like windsceen shields, as I can't see the point otherwise.

Think your right KeithC, seen lots of similar things in cars in the far east, the top of the dash really suffers in the heat and sun out that way if you just leave it to the elements

Just a thought.

I was wondering that - the worrying thing is, if that is the reason for it and with global warming, then we'll all need them before too long. I am thinking a nice shag pile for mine! PMSL

I was wondering that - the worrying thing is, if that is the reason for it and with global warming, then we'll all need them before too long. I am thinking a nice shag pile for mine! PMSL

I think I'd go for leopard print. It's a classic! :lol:

I think I'd go for leopard print. It's a classic! :lol:

Oh now ya talking - leopard print inside a green car - it would be like something from a wildlife documentary with glimpses of leopard in the bush :lol:

Just a thought.

If that were true then why does it have ventilation holes for the windscreen clear? These people must leave these on their poor cars all the time :(