Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Car Filthy But It's Been Lightly Snowing...

laumk7

I seriously need to wash my car as it's more grey / black rather than frozen white (hehe) at the moment, I've been meaning to do it for a few days, but been busy lately, I've got time to do it today, problem is it snowed a little bit last night...

It's only a fair dusting, about half an inch or so deep, I was thinking of putting some road salt on the pavement in front of my drive if it then freezes

Would you do it?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Sod it I bit the bullet and went for it anyway...

I didn't do the roof so hopefully no frozen water is going to end up in the engine, and I had to use the old fashioned buckets method as the hose was still frozen :lol:

At least you can see the number plates and identify the car so little chance of being pulled over now :p

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I did mine on Sunday after a trip from Swindon to Birmingham and back covered my car completely with salt. I could hear the fizz of the bodywork so I gave it a going over, knowing full well it would get crapped up again straightaway. In my opinion though it can't hurt getting it clean regularly in bad weather.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

• Like 1

I need to clean mine, my sea grey motor is looking beige!

I washed mine sunday 1st time since daylight saving last year :whistling:

Mine is completely covered in crap again... Will be washed in the week at some point!

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

I do mine at work with the industrial steam cleaner/pressure washer & TFR when I do my truck :) carefully mind, that thing will take paint off at 10 paces, I've stripped some sign writing off my truck with it before now!

My son and his mate gave mine a going over last weekend including sealant the full works. Didn't even charge me lol.

This weekend I just snow foamed and a quick wash and looks great again.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Have to give mine a wash.. Not too worried about the general filth, dirt appearance, but it's the salt that's worried me... Might take it too the hot wash place Clive mentioned before..

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC