Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash Cams

I had a voucher for an app called "Geek". So I bought this to try out:

post-41109-142308527994_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

I'd also suggest nextbase, I ummed and ahh's and then as Halfords were doing the 402 for just under £120 at Xmas in the sale I bought one of those.

I considered Mobius but the nextbase has GPS so went with that, however they are not particularly stealthy looking, I covered the front of mine in black vinyl as the logos on it are a bit blinking obvious...

I had a voucher for an app called "Geek". So I bought this to try out:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1423085278.751837.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

What was it like mate,i only want a cheap one to play about with.

As long as a good pic and works when you start car and on a loop record its fine.

How does this loop record work as it says goes over newest recorded,aint that what you keep the newest.

Say you drive 5 miles can you go back that 5 mile or as it recorded over it.

Hi guys was thinking about getting a dash cam, can anyone recommend a decent one to get.

Ive created a guide on fitting a dual camera kit may be of interest:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/65147-guide-fitting-dual-camera-dvr-system-focus-mk2-mk25/?p=438442

• Like 1

No idea if it fits neatly yet but the G1W was rated as 'the' budget one I think. And it is most definitely budget but I reckon it could do the job. Ordered a couple of weeks ago so whenever it turns up I'll post a quick review.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-HD-1080P-G1W-2-7-LCD-Car-DVR-Vehicle-Dash-Vision-Video-Recorder-Camera-/301121946825

Can you run these off your u.s.b in the car not the cigarette lighter as it says no more than 5v output or

it will burn it out.

Just had a cheap cam 1080p and only £13 just to mess with,i know its going to be just o.k.

I know these can only be up-scale def. and it can't be true 1080p for this price.

Is there any out there which is 100% HD but at £50 area as at a later date might look at better one but not £100+

Looking at reviews and one a mate has its not that bad,can read reg plate etc on the cheap ones.

If having a dash cam in situ.... do you have to have signs saying that you are recording? I had a friend say if you don't have the stickers then the insurance companies won't look at it, if a claim is to be made. I looked dubiously at them but thinking about it and the way society is know.... could there be some truth in it?

I'm thinking of purchasing a couple of mobius for front and back

Perfectly legal to record in public places.....no warning needed, or even permission from anyone, even the Police.

cheers Gary, good to know!... I was using my contour cycle camera but it is just too big and bulky!! might pop into Halford on my travels to the shops and have a nosey at cams they have

Any help would be great as don't want another cheap one or one which aint going to be any good.

An 'in the middle' would be good so not loads of ££££££

• Like 1

Way I see it is if something happened and I need to show the footage I don't want a el Cheapo special that's hard to make out anything, most cams are fine in the day its night that's the issue.

Mobius are about £50 it may be a false economy to go cheaper....

• Like 1

Any help would be great as don't want another cheap one or one which aint going to be any good.

An in 'in the middle' would be good so not loads of ££££££

I find this pretty good:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/65147-guide-fitting-dual-camera-dvr-system-focus-mk2-mk25/?p=438442

Looked at a few reviews on Google and YouTube and there are some amazing ones out there.

It would be around £50 or a bit more.

The thing aswel is finding where to put it in the front window as got the big plastic cover under the mirror

so would be low down in the middle of the window.

• Like 1

Looked at a few reviews on Google and YouTube and there are some amazing ones out there.

It would be around £50 or a bit more.

The thing aswel is finding where to put it in the front window as got the big plastic cover under the mirror

so would be low down in the middle of the window.

I have mine just to the left of the mirror, and it gets just a little bit of that plastic cover in the top right of the picture, and a little of the screen which isn't cleared by the wiper in the top left. But I'm happy with it like that and the camera is hidden by the rear view mirror when I'm driving.

I will try that,mate tried the ipad in the window low down and worked great,even at night and got no

lights just the lense for the night.

Will try low down like the ipad was aswel.

Having decided to fit a dash cam I have ordered this after some research (Nextbase 402G professional). Should be delivered later this week and I will hard wire it into the fuse box. Will post how I get on in due course.

Having decided to fit a dash cam I have ordered this after some research (Nextbase 402G professional). Should be delivered later this week and I will hard wire it into the fuse box. Will post how I get on in due course.

Thats a good cam,looked at some reviews on that and all looks spot on for the price.

Did look at the 0801 or 0803 ( new A7) chip and that was good,smaller the better for me but would like a screen.

Do post a link so i will have a look at it. :)