Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Bulbs To Leds

Jord1982

I've changed my bulbs inc interior and boot light but been left with these two, I think they're are for the footwell but they don't fit. Any ideas?post-62464-0-00072700-1423082367_thumb.j

Number plate bulbs. But you will need to keep a eye on them as they tend to flash after a while.

Nice 1 thanks pal. Are they easy enough to change?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Just checked a you tube video and the LEDs for the number plate are the same as the interior ones. These 1 are different and wouldn't fit there as they don't push in like the others.

Different style these so they won't fit - just tried.

Strange the number plate ones push in, thought they would sit between two metal clips.

What about rear boot light?

I have two sets on roof interior lights and both take the same bulbs as yours and also the wedge type all led. Does look good.

Can't physically get them to fit as they're not compatible with the existing bulbs, I bought them part of a set and all the interiors fit fine. Have you got a picture?

The interior lights have are different to the two I have posted - that's the problem you see. The interior roof lights have been replaced no problem, so yours must be different to mine.

I'll post picture up tomorrow. Strange as to why fords change the fittings.

Ok thanks. Yeah my interior lights are completely different to the two I have posted. So basically I have these to remaining and they're not compatible.

I can't remember what I have in my two interior lights, I looked to change them to LED's but mine are different to everyone else's... I think if everyone has festoon then I have wedge (or vice versa) I can't remember which :(

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

Pre-facelift Mk2 Focus number plate lights take the festoon bulb that you have pictured and are left with. The interior light also takes one of these in the middle with 501 (aka T10 aka W5W etc) wedge bulbs either side for maplights.

The facelift Mk2.5, which is what your 2009 is, takes wedge type 501 bulbs in the number plate light, which are the same as the interior, footwell, boot, vanity and sidelights.

No these two bulbs don't fit my car whatsoever, all the others (interior and footwells are the other type, inc reg light) I've arranged to return these two now and swap them. I had w5w bulbs before and so the wedge are not compatible. Thanks anyway for your help guys.

No these two bulbs don't fit my car whatsoever...

That's exactly what I just told you...

The bulbs you have pictured above are called festoons. They fit in the number plate lights and interior roof lights of the Mk2 pre-facelift Ford Focus, from years 2005 to 2008.

Your car, if your profile and avatar are correct, is a 2009 Mk2.5 facelift Ford Focus, from years 2008 to 2011. It takes 501 wedge bulbs all round from what I know. Other names for these for these 501 wedge bulbs are T10 or W5W...they are the same thing.

I also notice in your profile you call your car a Mk2 Focus, when normally it would be referred to as a Mk2.5. If you have ordered an LED 'kit' for a Mk2 rather than the Mk2.5, this would explain why you were sent the festoon bulbs you have pictured.

Thanks for that. Really useful and I now know I have a 2.5 model. Ta