Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Badge Removel

coldic

Right this is probably a stupid question..... i want to remove boot badges as I just dont like them.

Whats the best way without damaging the paintwork.

Ta very much

Well you can use dental floss to saw the badge away then use sticky stuff remover to take the stcky backing away t cut then polish and you're done or use fishing Line or slightly heat the badge up first I use the first method

• Like 1

You may also need to buff out any shadowing left in the paint when the badges come off.

• Like 1

watching this one! want to remove my 1.6 badge last car i did this on was always left with a slight shadow no matter how much i polished it lol

watching this one! want to remove my 1.6 badge last car i did this on was always left with a slight shadow no matter how much i polished it lol

I`ll have a go with the floss and let you know how it goes

• Like 1

That's because the paint around the badge will have faded. Not much you can do other than getting the panel resprayed.

That's because the paint around the badge will have faded. Not much you can do other than getting the panel resprayed.

Was only 3 years old must have been the cheap vauxhall paint lol

• Like 1

it doesn't take long. The UV can be very strong in summer, especially with the thinning of the ozone layer.

I used boiling water on my Focus to soften up the glue and peeled the badges off. I then used lighter fuel to clean off the residue and then polished the area.

Hairdryer softens the adhesive. The a credit card slid carefully under the badge. Any sticky stuff remover then a t-cut and polish

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I managed to just gently twist the lettering off my old mk7 fiesta when I had it, the odd large letter wouldn't move so I used an old credit card as Phil just mentioned, after that I also used t cut and bobs your uncle

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• 3 weeks later...

Ok...I used a fine plastic scraper that cost 75p in home bargains to remove the badge.

The black sticky stuff that was left was removed by scoring it with my thumb nail and rubbing a flash kitchen wipe over it.

Its all gone but you can see where the badges have been so tomorrow its getting a good wash and polish

Gonna watch this as i wanna remove the badges off the back of mine as they are seriously un cool!

I was gonna use hairdryer then bank card to scrape away but ill watch the fishing line one (im a fisherman)

• 3 weeks later...

just done the 1.6 badge used a credit card to pry it off a toffee wheel (see google) and some polish, looks like it was never there :)

Did mine with the hairdryer & dental floss..cuts off the badge no problem. To get the glue off I just kept heating it up and peeling it off, with a bit of perseverance it came away

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club