Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First test drive opinions

Reel105

Hi all

New to this forum and, indeed, Fiestas.

Went out looking for a new car last Saturday (when I say 'looking' I mean I was literally just browsing around second hand cars with no intent to purchase yet) and headed to my local Ford dealer. Didn't find much in the used section but the dealer left a trail of breadcrumbs that led me to the new Fiestas. To cut a long story short, I ended up ordering my Fiesta that day.

Took it for a test drive and was very, very impressed. Couldn't believe how little I had to do - the car practically drove itself. Smooth, light and responsive. The one problem I did notice was the bad visibility on the driver side blind spot. However, I was driving a 3-door model and when I got back to the showroom I sat in the 5-door and this fault wasn't apparent (which is good for me because I ordered the 5-door anyway). I just wanted to say how impressed I was with the car.

Now, I was hoping someone could throw me some advice here. Basically, I was originally down for the Zetec model (we had all the numbers in place) but at the last minute I realised it had a leather steering wheel and gearstick which I won't have because I'm vegan. So I dropped down a model to the Style+, which isn't really a big deal for me. However, the one thing I am missing is the alloys - I just think they tidy the car right up. So I was wondering if anyone had a good idea of some alloys that suit the car nicely. Don't want anything too sporty - just something fairly conservative and tidy. I'd be extremely grateful if anyone had any pics (either of alloys on the Fiesta or just alloys alone).

Anyway, car should be coming on the 1st September (held back a week or so to get the 59 plate) and since I ordered it on Saturday time couldn't be going any slower. Thanks in advance for any advice and no doubt I'll be posting on here in the future.

Ian

Welcome Ian.

Do you have the brochure?

The Style + has the 15 inch 5x2 spokes and 16 inch 7 spokes as options. These can be seen on page 35 of the brochure - which can be downloaded from the Ford site if you don't have it.

Is it a factory order? If so your delivery date is seriously speedy!

hello there and welcome :)

i was at a ford dealership earlier this week and a load of style +'s were in the car park with what i presume to be optional ford alloys which really smartened the car up and made it look loads better

didn't manage to get pictures but when i go there next i will try to remember my camera to get a few snaps for you

And the 15" 5x2 wheels...

Click here

They're even on a Style+ nice car that.

Welcome Ian.

Do you have the brochure?

The Style + has the 15 inch 5x2 spokes and 16 inch 7 spokes as options. These can be seen on page 35 of the brochure - which can be downloaded from the Ford site if you don't have it.

Is it a factory order? If so your delivery date is seriously speedy!

Hi DanGull

Thanks for the advice - I'll check the brochure.

No, I don't think it's a factory order. It's already made, which is why I couldn't opt for extras (time is a factor - old car falling apart!). They had some in the colour I wanted in the Valencia plant so it should be here in August. Then it's just a case of waiting for the 59 plates (I don't know why - I just feel like I'm supposed to!).

Ian

Ian - your dealer should be able to change the alloys for you and give you either of the two sets I've shown. They may not want to, but tell them you'll cancel if not ;)

And the 15" 5x2 wheels...

Click here

They're even on a Style+ nice car that.

those were the wheels i was on about

:)

Ian - your dealer should be able to change the alloys for you and give you either of the two sets I've shown. They may not want to, but tell them you'll cancel if not ;)

You're an evil genius! :)

Mwahahahahaha

Me? Nooooo.

You're an evil genius! :)

Ha ha yes and we've all worked out how Fords eyes work £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Good evening and welcome Ian.

I like the alloys on the Style+ too and and, like Dan has just said, your dealer should be quite conducive to changing the wheels for you--if not just take your business to a different garage.

Good evening and welcome Ian.

I like the alloys on the Style+ too and and, like Dan has just said, your dealer should be quite conducive to changing the wheels for you--if not just take your business to a different garage.

Definitely worth a try. Seems silly if they're willing to lose a five figure sale over a set of wheels.

Anyone got any idea of how much the wheels cost?

if all else fails you could put a can of whoop-!Removed! on his desk and see how he likes that...

OUCH - as an option, the 15" wheels are £400 and the 16"s are £550.

Get haggling...

god, i'm surprised anyone could afford them

HA! not the only one good at puns dan ;)

I think you mean you're not the only one who USES puns. There's a subtle difference...

I think you mean you're not the only one who USES puns. There's a subtle difference...

sorry :(

;) thicken up that skin sunny.

:lol:

sunny??? oh god you really are 72!

sonny* sorry :P

Yes, you're right of course.