Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Version Of Sync Is On A Fiesta Built Now?

CARLSBERG

Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

My son had a Fiesta built mid January for 1st March collection.

We cannot seem to find out if tis would have Sync 2? Or another version.

Please can anyone advise?

He has the Sony DAB + Sat Nav system.

Many thanks!

Sync 2 is not avaliable in fiesta as yet

• Like 1

Ok.

Thanks for the reply.

At least he has something!

Not that I know any difference. Having a 2010 Smax

I'm currently driving a 14 plate Zetec S, and really want an ST now, but until they release a model with the SYNC 2 I can't justify it.

Not sure how much to read into it, but rumors are that the new model will be revealed in 2017, which no doubt will feature the latest version of SYNC, but also I read somewhere that the ST is supposed to be getting a bit of an update before then?

Also.. the Fiesta RS (if it's actually real) may be worth waiting 2 or 3 more years for!

• Like 1

I was under the assumption that with models from March you are able to get the sync 2 system with touchscreen....

The standard 2015 model focus has sync 2 as an extra (iirc - went in to a dealership and saw one fitted)

That said may not come with the fiesta if they need to change dimensions of other interior components to accommodate this. Best bet is to ring up the dealer!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I asked my dealer in December and they said it's unlikely that they'd put the sync 2 in if they wasn't changing quite a bit of other stuff.. Like you said their different dimensions etc.

It must be my lack of knowledge.

I thought SYNC was just software, and would work with most of Fords systems.

What would they need that was a different size?

Sorry!

Sync is the name of their overall "media center" in the car. Ford sync in thr fiesta is currently a relatively small non touch screen, whereas sync 2 in the new focus is an 8 inch touchscreen.

You are right that Sync is the software, but sync 2 has been developed to be used with a touchscreen where as the original sync hasn't

I may be wrong, but Ford probably won't bother giving it Sync as its too old a model to be updated again. Time for the MK8 IMO!

Thanks again for explaining things.

Sons car will have just 5" screen and Sony DAB system with Nav.

So standard SYNC it is.

Can i ask what version of Fiesta are they on now? MK?

Cheers!

Current Fiesta is MK7, however some call it 7.5 because it is the face lifted version. :)

• Like 1

Current Fiesta is MK7, however some call it 7.5 because it is the face lifted version. :)

You know that's one thing I've not understood

The mk4 is the mk4 fine, but the mk4 facelift was called the mk5

So why are we not on mk8 or 9....;)

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Ford don't even use the MK system so that confuses it even more.

• Like 1

Although Sync 2 would be great, it's not something that would make me wait years for a car I want. The current system is fine once you get used to it.

How's the sat nav in ford sync? I'm really considering an ST-3 this year, and as I drive a lot for work a built in sat nav and cruise control are really tempting me

How's the sat nav in ford sync? I'm really considering an ST-3 this year, and as I drive a lot for work a built in sat nav and cruise control are really tempting me

Cruise is good, only negative is as soon as you dip the clutch cruise turns off whereas some other cars will resume when you get back on the throttle... Works well though.

Nav although not as nice to look at as other brands out there is very useful and works well with other aspects of the system

As Dave said. I'm happy with both satnav and cruise control. I don't really have a problem with cruise cancelling when you press the clutch, I do this sometimes when I realise I could be in a higher gear, then press the can/res button and it resumes.

The only thing I don't like is that you have to press the on button to arm the cruise each time you start the engine. I usually press it as soon as I start moving even if I'm just doing a short drive into town, but so many times I try to activate it and nothing happens lol, just cos I forgot to press on.

• Like 1

Cool sounds good. I think towards the end of summer I might see if I can trade in. Hopefully by then I'll be out of the 'initial depreciation' stage.

Edit:

How are the recaro seats? I've only ever sat in them in a showroom and they feel nice but I've heard their not great for anything longer than 10 minute journeys?

How are the recaro seats? I've only ever sat in them in a showroom and they feel nice but I've heard their not great for anything longer than 10 minute journeys?

I love the Recaros, very comfortable and hold you perfectly when cornering quickly. But you're right some people have problems with them, so I'd go for a test drive first, and make sure you adjust the seat properly.

I usually suffer from back pain when driving long journeys, terrible in the previous mk ST but drove 4 hours straight and had no issues at all..

Then again it does depend on the individual so have a long test drive to make its good for you

I've done 4+ hour journeys in the zetec s and it's much more comfortable than my last car, but I think there's only so comfortable you can expect to be when driving long distance.

I do love how the ST seats look and feel though, I find in the ZS theres a lot of opportunity to slide out of the seat when cornering at speed (within the limit, of course :D )

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I do hope there's an expert here who can help.

A bit of history. I bought my third Fiesta 1 litre Ecoboost on 1st March this year, and know it was made in January 2015. The two before it have been 2013 and 2014 models. This one is the best yet, and it's quieter starter motor makes the stop/start much more pleasant.

But I digress. My problem is with the current car's Sync. My Galaxy Note phone worked beautifully with the previous two cars but no way will this new car download my phone book contacts, so Sync is almost useless - unless I know the number I want and laboriously tap it in each time. Impossible.

It receives calls ok as I drive along and emergency assist always turns on.

I took it back to the dealer who uploaded the latest firmware but that has made things actually worse - when I got the car at least it would upload my contacts (though it usually took a couple of miles of driving to give it time). If I stopped the car and opened the door Sync had to go through the entire process again. With the 'upgrade' it won't even do that, and they tell me they can't undo upgrades.

So it was perfect with my two previous models and near useless with this 15 plate. I've checked Ford's compatibility list and the Galaxy Note phone has four stars, as it's always had.

tom.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club