Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Outside Temperature Gauge/ambient Air Temperature Sensor Fault?

Eurubuff

Hi, I hope someone can help as I'm tearing my hair out now. I have a 2014 Titanium. When I start the car from cold everything is fine, but after I've driven the car and parked it (switching engine off) that's when the problem starts. When I return to the car (after the car has been parked 1/2hr - 1hr) I switch the engine on and the outside temperature is reading 5 or 6 degrees higher than it is. When I start the car moving, the temperature gauge rapidly starts going down over the space of about 1 - 2 minutes. After about 6 or 7 minutes it seems to read right. This is my 14th Fiesta and this is the only one that has done this. The Ford dealer say they've changed the sensor but it's still doing the same thing? Can anyone explain? Has anyone else got a 14 plate Fiesta where this happens? Have they changed the location of the sensor in this model (bigger grill version)?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Mine does the same (2011) as did my old Mondeo. I thought it was because of the ambient heat from the engine which artificially raised the temp until you start moving again.

Mine does the same (2011) as did my old Mondeo. I thought it was because of the ambient heat from the engine which artificially raised the temp until you start moving again.

Hmmm. My Fiesta before this one (2011 as well 61 reg), didn't do it?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

As above , engine heat will alter it slightly, when stood for a while

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club