Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Lights

2014 Fiesta ST2

Good evening I have a 2014 fiesta st2 and I was just wondering if there was a way to wire the lights that come on in the footwells to come on when I turn my lights on?

Hope this is possible

Yes it's just a case of removing the positive wire to the footwells and running it from an ignition live.

You could use the glove box ambient light feed for a simpler already existent feed. Just run your own positive wire from there :)

Use this guide to help....

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/11992-the-ambient-lighting-installation-guide/page-4

But obvs not wiring the ambient light in as you already have it, just to show you where the plug etc is.

So what wire do I need to attach to the glove box feed??

If you refer to that guide I posted, you connect to the positive wire on that. Which if I can remember is the white wire.

No problem, as you have an St you'll already have a plug from the ambient light going to the plug in the guide.

But if you use that feed to tap into and run a new live feed to your footwells replacing the current one. In theory your footwells should come on with your ambient light which comes on with your sidelights.

Let me know how you get on :)

Sorry for my confusing short line above, so are the footwell lights now switched positive in the new Focus instead of te conventional negative, where by the lamps always had positive supply but the negative was switch to ground?

It's a fiesta, but I don't know I always thought it was positively switched. If it doesn't work just run the negative from the blue wire in the guide above and then it's the exact same circuit as the ambient light :) itll definately work then.

Win win, good luck :)

Sorry Fiesta, should be the same though, or that was the convention and my wifes Fiesta is definitely switched negative.

Yeh your possibly correct, I'm not too sure if there positively or negatively switched. But if he uses both negative and positive it'll be fine anyways, easiest way round it.

Just run some dual core cable from the footwell up to the ambient lighting plug in the guide, tap into the White and blue wire and should be fine and come on with your sodelights then.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club