Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sneaky Rip Off Halfrauds..

Brigante

About a year ago I purchased a box of assorted led mini blade fuses from Halfords

Was running low on a few of them and I happened to be passing the same Halfords that I'd originally bought them from on my way home tonight

Swung in, grabbed another box, paid and drove home

When I got back I transferred the contents of one box into the other to keep them all together and noticed this..

post-34566-0-53073600-1423594562_thumb.j

The box on the left is the box I purchased tonight, the box on the right is the box I purchased maybe a year ago. Both are the same price but have you spotted whats a bit off?

Yup thats right, they have (rather pointlessly) increased the size of the packaging a fair bit but give you 8 fuses less for your money.. Hows that work out?

Just thought I'd share this as I found it quite funny the crafty beggars

It is an underhanded retaliation for the fact their staff can't count and because of this keeps giving members bigger discounts on their wares.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

think im gonna take the box back unused for a refund. Just found a box of 88 led fuses for 22quid.. ive just paid 16quid for 22..

Halfrauds prices are shocking.. even with the supporters membership discount card..

That's why Internet is better. You pay less for the privilege of not having the ability to get it right now.

I know dude

I never really shop in halfrauds out of principal and am more than happy to wait a few days

Was just convenient tonight to pop in n grab them and remembered they seemed decent value the first time I bought them. Only to get them home and realised they'd shrank the quantity by 8 but kept the price the same.

Then a quick search on the bay showed 88 for 6quid more so i'll be returning to halfrauds tomorrow

Turned out not being convenient at all really as it meant me sitting in rush hour traffic for an extra 20min

Only real reason I popped im was to get some use out of my 15% discount card

While I was in there I was having a mooch for a small present for the mondy

Picked up some richbrook anti theft dust caps for 15quid to get rid of the dingey plastic caps currently ruining me sexy alloys, again only really got em to use me discount card

Just found exactly the same dust caps on eBay for a fiver!!

These will be going back with the fuses

Sorry FOC but the discount card is useless lol

A 15% off eBay card would be lovely :) seeing how much our members spend on mods off the bay

Take them back unopened with no receipt...

Get the full value back as opposed to just what you paid lol

• Like 1

It's the same thing crisp makers have been doing for years, if you buy a pack of monster munch you get about 5 crisps, and that's not an exaggeration.

here's a tip - when you go to a scrappy open up as many fuse boxes as possible and take the fuses out of them for free!

• Like 1

Jeebs, that is bad !Removed!. I like your thinking...

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

Depends what you buy really, some things are very reasonable when bought using the discount card. Things like spray paints and filler etc. aren't expensive (and probably better quality than the internet rubbish).

If you get some of the cleaning products when they are on offer they can be quite cheap with the card as well. (Ie. the armor-all dashboard wipes are sometimes on a 3for2), and there always seems to be some turtle wax shampoo on offer, making just as good as internet with no waiting.

Also, when I got my headunit (Sony MEX-6000DB) I found it the cheapest place to buy from - and that was before the discount card was considered.

(BTW I DO NOT work for Halfords, just don't think they're all that bad) :lol:

• Like 1

Sorry to hijack the Halfrauds part of the thread, but is it normal to go through fuses at such a high rate? I don't think I've had to change a single one since I got the car (but did think they are expensive when I needed one to fit the piggyback fuse tap for the dashcam).

Back to ripping into Halfords, I bought 2 sump washers at my local highstreet motor supply shop the other day for 75p. Then I went to Halfords for something else and they were there, exaclty the same but in plastic boxes for £1.99 EACH - thats 5 times more expensive! You'd need a lot of 15%s off to get the price back down to something reasonable.

I dont think ive ever had a fuse blow on me of its own accord

Im just always wiring something or other in and testing different wires so ocasionaly summin will blow

Think ive only ever blown the fuse for the interior lighting and the fuse for the 12v socket. Blown each a few times but i know when im wiring something in the worst that can happen is i blow a fuse so i'm not that worried about blowing them

• Like 1

Returned my purchases to halfrauds and got a full refund. Will instead be purchasing a box off 88 led fuses from eBay for 22quid and may get the dust caps for 5quid.

I intend to gradually replace all the fuses one by one to led fuses to make it a lot easier to identify any blown ones in future

I would sell some and make your money back lol

£22 for fuses :o :o

comes to 25p per fuse which is good

my local small car spares shop charge 50p upwards per normal none led fuse