Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Free Breakdown Cover Vs Aa Breakdown Cover

The Dark Knight

Has anyone had any experience with the less well known breakdown firms rather than paying AA or RAC prices? Are they vastly inferior to the AA and RAC?

I ask because my first years warranty on the ST comes to an end at the end of March and I have had a renewal letter from the AA. I continue to receive breakdown cover FOC until the end of the warranty but from now on it will be via some less well known company (don't know who, maybe Green Flag).

AA cover starts at £63 according to the letter but as the car has been reliable throughout, I am reluctant to pay for it. I am curious regardless though so can anyone offer their views on the less well known providers?

Cheers

Every Ford service now comes with free UK and European Roadside Assistance
Every Ford Scheduled service and Ford Motorcraft 4+ Minor and Major service now comes with UK and European Roadside Assistance, valid from the date of service until your next service is due*.

worth having service done at ford dealer, and it is the aa who covers it

• Like 2

I get Green Flag free with my bank account and they are fine.

To get comparable cover from the RAC would be about £150 a year.

Ford use the AA anyway :) greenflag are good though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Ford use the AA anyway :) greenflag are good though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Notwithstanding the info above about getting the service done at Ford (which I will), you only get AA cover for the first year. The letter says that I must pay for AA cover for the 2nd year or it changes to free cover with some other less well known company.

• 2 weeks later...

AA cover is free with your service had mine done in December but I still get letters from AA asking me to buy it from them. They need a lesson in joined up working.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I've been thinking about his, if Ford breakdown cover is done through the AA maybe if I save enough money getting the service done at an independant Ford garage I could just pay for breakdown cover with AA or another company? Has anyone else done that with a car that's under warranty?

I have this conundrum too Phil, I'm with the A.A. & have been for so long that I qualify for '' Gold membership '' & I'm also covered via Ford through their servicing. :mellow:

I've been thinking about his, if Ford breakdown cover is done through the AA maybe if I save enough money getting the service done at an independant Ford garage I could just pay for breakdown cover with AA or another company? Has anyone else done that with a car that's under warranty?

If your thinking of doing this Phil have a look at Britannia breakdown they are very reasonable. I get a discount cause I'm civil service for my daughter and pay £60 for comprehensive cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club