Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Planning for my first fiesta/car

tetra

hey there everybody.

i have just past my test and am now in the process of picking what i want for my fiesta.

i was wondering if you could give me some help.

was planning on saving all of my deposit before i go and order but turns out the dealer is letting me pay £500 and then the rest just before the car is finished!

so now im in a bit of a rush to finally make my mind up about my options.

im looking to get the 1.4 zetec.

now after reading through your threads i have not seen much interest in the tango red... do you think it would look good on a zetec?

also whats this i hear about a dress up kit? my dealer had no idea what this was, he said that was probably just for parts and then i would have to pay to get it fitted is this true?

Hi,

I must say I totally love that color. Not my favorite of the line, but then it's very hard to choose from the incredibly cool range. For me hot magenta is the most attractive, and I'll probably purchase mine in that color.

So when I was at Ford and I told the sales guy I was going to order my Fiesta in hot magenta he said this (I kid you not): "Oh I have to advise you against that, because this is a color for a girl. So when you want to sell it a few years down the line, you'll have to sell it to a girl." :rolleyes: A great WTF moment.

I'm ordering in the next two months to get the car by January. Where I live we only have the 1.4 liter engine with the auto gearbox so that's what I'm getting. You also can't modify the car in any way. Not the wheels, not the interior trim, nothing. It doesn't have parking sensors or bluetooth and you can't order that too. But hey I still love it and I'm not complaining.

I too am new to this place and have been lurking around for a couple of days reading threads. Fun forum.

Hey Tetra (do you keep fish by any chance?)

Tango is an interesting colour - it's not quite sure if it's orange or red to my eye. I do like Colorado red - and it's a solid colour so it's £425 less than the metallics.

It doesn't look like the dress up kit is offered on the Zetec - it's a Titanium thing by the looks of it. The dealer having never heard of it is cause for concern mind you! :lol:

Welcome to FOC.

Must admit that I was tempted by the Tango too - if you want to see what colours look like in the 'real world' try going onto Autotrader and looking at the Fiesta's on there as it gives you all the different colours and in different situations too - sunny, over cast, indoors, etc.

As for the dress up kit, it is only available on the 3dr Titanium so you would not be able to have it as a £500 option - I am surprised that the dealer did not know this - it could have been a way to try and get you into a Titanium . . .

So when I was at Ford and I told the sales guy I was going to order my Fiesta in hot magenta he said this (I kid you not): "Oh I have to advise you against that, because this is a color for a girl. So when you want to sell it a few years down the line, you'll have to sell it to a girl." :rolleyes: A great WTF moment.

So does he think that the ladies would not buy a Ford Fiesta then - your dealer does not sound that much better than tetra's!

Hey Tetra (do you keep fish by any chance?)

Tango is an interesting colour - it's not quite sure if it's orange or red to my eye.

Nope no fish for me i forgot about them (and the pirate girl from LoZ:WW) when i close my screen name aggggges ago.

the dealer dude told me off when i said i liked the orange. turns out they dont do an orange fiesta its allowed to be called tango metallic or tango red apparently...

i cant believe you have to wait till january, is that really how long its going to take? i thought it was only a couple of months!

lol

when i started to look, one of the ford dealers who had just opened. didn't really have a clue on what you could get or even what some of the things do. I had to give him a lesson in the ford options for him to sort a quote out for me. I was not very impressed to say the least.

I should have my car some time in September. Mostapha has to wait until January I think - not me.

I wouldn't say it's orange. The US and Chinese markets get a full blown orange, Tango is more of a tangerine :lol:

i cant believe you have to wait till january, is that really how long its going to take? i thought it was only a couple of months!

My dealer is still assuring me that I will have mine for 1 September to get a new 59 plate on it and I ordered mine, and left my car as deposit, on 1 June so have been waiting almost 2 months already

I should have my car some time in September. Mostapha has to wait until January I think - not me.

woops thats what i ment.

whats the average wait time then? say i was to order next week...

So does he think that the ladies would not buy a Ford Fiesta then - your dealer does not sound that much better than tetra's!

No I suppose he meant that you can sell a black Fiesta to either a guy or a girl. But with a hot magenta Fiesta you won't have that many male buyers, and therefore you'll have less chance of selling the car as quickly as you want.

Tetra, I don't really have to wait till January. I can get my car in October if I order it now. The thing is I'm not in a hurry for a new car and I'm saving to put more down payment. Besides, where I live the car prices will be brought down in January so I figured why not wait and spend the money I'll be saving on accessories. Also, I'm hoping that in the next few months Ford will start to offer more trims. I'll still go for the 1.4 auto, but I want bigger wheels and some toys.

I live in Cairo, Egypt by the way. We only have 20 Fiestas roaming our streets right now, but I reckon the Fiesta is going to sell in great numbers here in the next couple of months.

Minimum at present seems to be 12 weeks - but that's on high spec Titaniums and the Zetec S. Your Zetec could be a much shorter wait.

Yip i was told that ordering last week, I would be looking at October, which is ok for me, more time to save for the toys and also gets you away from the 1 September lot

Yip i was told that ordering last week, I would be looking at October, which is ok for me, more time to save for the toys and also gets you away from the 1 September lot

What are you going to be ordering then Chris?

I suppose the accessories are what push the price up.

is it normal that they let you pay £500 for the car to start being made and then you can pay some more for a deposit just before you get the car?

He seems pretty desperate for a sale.

Tetra

You have to set your mind to what you want and try and not get too carried away, well that is what i wanted to do, in reality i ended up ordering the following:-

Titanium 5dr 1.6 TDCi

bluetooth Handsfree and Voice Control and USB Connection, (just so i can plug an ipod in, who uses cds still)

Curtain Airbags, (why this isn't fitted as standard i do no know)

Interior Pack #2, (ok getting carried away now)

Spare Wheel,

Titanium X Pack, (wanted the esp, liked the alloys, getting carried away with the leathers)

In Ocean Blue

In all there are about £1700 (guestimate) of extras excluding the met paint.

I suppose the accessories are what push the price up.

is it normal that they let you pay £500 for the car to start being made and then you can pay some more for a deposit just before you get the car?

He seems pretty desperate for a sale.

I've paid £250. Another £250 is due on collection and then the rest is on Ford Options.

So yes, perfectly normal I should say.

Tetra

You have to set your mind to what you want and try and not get too carried away, well that is what i wanted to do, in reality i ended up ordering the following:-

Titanium 5dr 1.6 TDCi

Bluetooth Handsfree and Voice Control and USB Connection, (just so i can plug an ipod in, who uses cds still)

Curtain Airbags, (why this isn't fitted as standard i do no know)

Interior Pack #2, (ok getting carried away now)

Spare Wheel,

Titanium X Pack, (wanted the esp, liked the Alloys, getting carried away with the leathers)

In Ocean Blue

In all there are about £1700 (guestimate) of extras excluding the met paint.

Side airbags are standard in the Fiesta - curtains are far less common. Can't say I'm too surprised about them being an extra.

Deposit will vary on the dealer.

We didn't pay a penny when we ordered the car and and only handed over the deposit( we chose the amount - we didn't even need to put a deposit down) when we collected the car. The rest was on Ford Options.

By the way £500 deposit on a 3yr options deal doesn't work out that much cheaper a month than £0 deposit on a 3 yr options deal.

So depending on your dealer and your circumsatnces the £500 may be better off in your pocket rather than going towards a deposit.

Good evening Mostapha and welcome to the club.

What's wrong with your dealer; doesn't he realise that hot magenta is the colour to have?

What a load of b******s about it being just a colour for girls!!

Mine's hot magenta and I'm certainly not a girl..........I'm a red blooded.............hedgepig! :lol:

I love the way the colour changes in different lights; no other colour in the Fiesta range can do that.

So, don't be shy.....get your order in!! ;)

I left my old car as deposit as they said if I took it in when the new car was ready they would give me less as it would be the end of the summer and rather than giving me 4,800 they would only give me 4,000 (it was a convertible) - added to that it needed a service and MOT I would have been out by about 1K

Deposit will vary on the dealer.

We didn't pay a penny when we ordered the car and and only handed over the deposit( we chose the amount - we didn't even need to put a deposit down) when we collected the car. The rest was on Ford Options.

By the way £500 deposit on a 3yr options deal doesn't work out that much cheaper a month than £0 deposit on a 3 yr options deal.

So depending on your dealer and your circumsatnces the £500 may be better off in your pocket rather than going towards a deposit.

If my car had been coming from a pool of exiting vehicles, I wouldn't have needed to pay a deposit.

Because it's a factory order, the dealer insisted on the £500 deposit, although why he wanted half then and half on collection is beyond me.

Mine's hot magenta and I'm certainly not a girl..........I'm a red blooded.............hedgepig! :lol:

I love the way the colour changes in different lights; no other colour in the Fiesta range can do that.

So, don't be shy.....get your order in!! ;)

Haha :lol: Hot magenta it is.

Side airbags are standard in the Fiesta - curtains are far less common. Can't say I'm too surprised about them being an extra.

I'm not so sure that side airbags are standard. Our car is due next week but I'm pretty sure that it will have no side airbags being a Trend spec model.

Seems I'll be the only owner of an Avalon Fiesta! :blink:

I'm not so sure that side airbags are standard. Our car is due next week but I'm pretty sure that it will have no side airbags being a Trend spec model.

Seems I'll be the only owner of an Avalon Fiesta! :blink:

According to the sales book, all models come with side airbags as standard (head and thorax)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club