Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is This Under My Seat??

djsubtronic

I dropped something in the car and while searching, I spotted this strange plastic vent like thing underneath the driver's seat (as viewed from the rear footwell) with the "RS" badge on it. It's fixed in place. I don't have an RS... Any idea what it might be?

RC9qzqj.jpg

just an air vent to keep rear passenger warm.look under the other seat it will have ls on it.

• Like 5

That makes sense, but I did have a quick look under the passenger seat from across the other side, didn't notice it but then again I didn't look carefully.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Its also conveniently positioned for some funky looking rear footwell lighting too ;)

• Like 2

I reckon the other will say LS, do you have an LS? Lol

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

• Like 2

I reckon the other will say LS, do you have an LS? Lol

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

Lol, no its a Zetec.
  • Like 1

LOL... I'm so stupid. Thanks for the explanation, salsheikh, Goodkat's comment went completely over my head.

I think I can faintly make out the LS on the left one...

N1zJEVh.jpg

Mystery solved everyone, you can all go home now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had to double check I was reading the right forum when I saw the topic title "What is this under my SEAT??" :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 years later...

Carnt seem to find it anywhere on the web but can these vents be removed and where do the pipe work come from?? 

my reason - I want to extend the pipe from under the rear seat with a hopefully a round pipe and extend it to the boot so a dog can have some comfort of a cool breeze in the summer. 

am I also right in thinking that the dial has to aimed at the feet position for these vents to work (dnt want to blow hot air on the poor sod in the winter, but allow a cool breeze in the summer). I’ve seen a tube connected to a cage in a ex patrol dog focus but couldn’t see where it was connected too in the picture

any help greatly appreciated 

34 minutes ago, Harrid18 said:

Carnt seem to find it anywhere on the web but can these vents be removed and where do the pipe work come from?? 

my reason - I want to extend the pipe from under the rear seat with a hopefully a round pipe and extend it to the boot so a dog can have some comfort of a cool breeze in the summer. 

am I also right in thinking that the dial has to aimed at the feet position for these vents to work (dnt want to blow hot air on the poor sod in the winter, but allow a cool breeze in the summer). I’ve seen a tube connected to a cage in a ex patrol dog focus but couldn’t see where it was connected too in the picture

any help greatly appreciated 

I believe the police cars outfitted for dogs have a separate A/C unit just for the dog cages.

@Stoney871

I believe the police cars outfitted for dogs have a separate A/C unit just for the dog cages.
[mention=28494]Stoney871[/mention]
My car is indeed fitted with a secondary system.
The vents can be easily unclipped leaving a rectangular pipe opening.
Give amazon a search for 'Noggle' or create your own with some vacuum cleaner hose (you can buy the hose seperate from any hose connectors) and flat extractor pipes like this- ( https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F293177908742 ) from somewhere like B&Q.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/17/2015 at 8:18 PM, djsubtronic said:

What is this under my seat?

N1zJEVh.jpg

A Biro and some 2nd class stamps by the look of it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Gitfinger said:

A Biro and some 2nd class stamps by the look of it!

Plus a lighter if you look very carefully! :biggrin: 

I wonder how much cheaper those stamps were when this was started back in Feb 2015 compared to now... :unsure: 

• Haha 1

I've always thought this was a nifty idea and assumed it to be for rear passenger comfort, though when I finally remembered to check if any air came out of these with the right air con settings, I couldn't feel anything.

• Like 1

I chucked the one I had under my driver's seat thought it was something the previous owner had got for the engine lmao. Although it wasn't attached to anything.

It just pulls off towards the back of the car.

I've fitted some led pods to the top of mine using black PVC tape and sliced them in to the footwell Lighting cables 

Guide here: 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine is surrounded in water,Could this be coming in via there.Can not find leak any where else..

Edited by Astorrastor
Spelling mistakes

• 1 month later...

I removed the plastic cover that looks like that air vent. Now I have the little engine light thing on. Can that be the reason?

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2021 at 6:10 PM, Astorrastor said:

Mine is surrounded in water,Could this be coming in via there.Can not find leak any where else..

Hi, Did you find out if this was the cause of the water? I currently have the same situation

• 9 months later...
On 4/27/2021 at 2:07 AM, Cappielow said:

Hi, Did you find out if this was the cause of the water? I currently have the same situation

On 4/27/2021 at 2:07 AM, Cappielow said:

Hi, I am currently have this same problem, have you got any advice please.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club