Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice Wanted From Scottish Members

Philf1

Hi guys North of the border I'm hoping you can give me some advice.

Me and my son are planning a driving trip to your wonderful country this June or July. We will have 4 maybe 5 days. We want to drive some spectacular routes in the mountains and visit john o'groats at some point.

I've already pencilled in Applecross pass but if you have any other suggestions I'd be really grateful to hear them.

Also any where we should avoid?

Cheers guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

If you are anywhere near Aberdeen the road over Cairn O Mount is great fun:)

if you have the time can recommend the drive through Glencoe the scenary is stunning

paul

Up past loch lomond is nice massive loch and anywhere near Ben Nevis oh and can't forget lovely Stirling castle can't get more scottish looking than that just but avoid the A9 if possible as there hundreds of average speed cameras -_- noticed that today as I'm in Dundee today

Thanks for the tip about the A9 I doubt my average speed is going to be the same as the one in force lol

• 1 month later...

Route planning pretty much complete now. Basic route is up to fort William then up the west coast to Ullapool past ardvreck castle to Durness across to john ogroats and wick. Down to Inverness through the Cairngorms to Pitlochry. Then via Stirling and home.

Should be something like 1300 miles in 5 days. Can't wait for June now.

He passing Motherwell a take it then mate? (on way home m74) (Motherwell Hamilton)

Yep M6 then M74 going to stop off at Lockerbie to see the memorial, I'm old enough to remember it happening, pick up the A82 slight detour across to Inveraray back to tyndrum up to glencoe before night in fort William

nice scenic route you have chosen enjoy wee tip carry a petrol can as prices up north can be dearer

paul

• Like 1

Phil I'd be interested to hear how the trip goes, I'm spending a week in the Highlands back end of July - sadly the A9 is a necessary even for me unless I want to add hours onto an already very long drive. 😕

When I get on the laptop again I'll post the full route up.

I will also write a review and post some pictures up when I get back.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club