Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Light

EzzyRallyBoy

Right, only had car a few weeks and maybe I just haven't noticed it before, but how quickly after the engine has started does your oil light go out (probably the last one to go out) - I have a 1.6 petrol

Ta

If your oil light is staying on, CHECK YOUR oil and don't drive anywhere untill its topped up. But the light normally goes out once the engine has started, so only on for about 1 second or so

Yeah noticed today that after it starts the oil light in the only one on (battery / power steering and a few others disappear almost instantly), but as the engine starts it revs to about 1,500 then dips to 800 tick over speed, by the time it hits 800 the light goes out so maybe a second or two (can't remember seeing it previously - must have been excited looking at everything else - so paranoia taking over !!!!!)

oil still full

Does that sound about right ??

*** Help required ***

Would some nice person upload a video (or put one on youtube or something) of their car (preferably a 1.6 petrol just so I can check like for like) showing the dashboard, then turn key to notch II until all warning lights come on, wait 2 secs until they all go out except :-

A red oil light and a

Yellow malfunction light (both on rev counter side)

Red handbrake

Red battery

Yellow power steering (all 3 on speedo side)

Then start engine and then I can see (via your video) how long it takes the lights to go out

I am fretting and don't wanna go back to Ford if mine is normal etc as I am sure you can appreciate, I don't know anyone else with a new Fiesta, I have tried a Corsa and a Mondeo but thay don't help me at all

I need a new 1.6 petrol Fiesta - please please please will someone do me a favour and put me out of my paranoia misery ........................................................................

It would be very very much appreiated

Ezzy

*** Help required ***

Would some nice person upload a video (or put one on youtube or something) of their car (preferably a 1.6 petrol just so I can check like for like) showing the dashboard, then turn key to notch II until all warning lights come on, wait 2 secs until they all go out except :-

A red oil light and a

Yellow malfunction light (both on rev counter side)

Red handbrake

Red battery

Yellow power steering (all 3 on speedo side)

Then start engine and then I can see (via your video) how long it takes the lights to go out

I am fretting and don't wanna go back to Ford if mine is normal etc as I am sure you can appreciate, I don't know anyone else with a new Fiesta, I have tried a Corsa and a Mondeo but thay don't help me at all

I need a new 1.6 petrol Fiesta - please please please will someone do me a favour and put me out of my paranoia misery ........................................................................

It would be very very much appreiated

Ezzy

i dont mean to sound cheeky but i dont really see why you need a video to be honest... once you have turned the key and all the lights have went out apart from the ones you mentioned, once you turn the key to engage the starter the light should go out almost instantly, it should have cleared by the time the engine actually starts.

what grade of oil is in your engine?

Whatever Fords put in it, its only 3 weeks old and still full

It takes a second or two to go out, can't remember it staying on a second or so longer than the other lights when I first got it, hence a video to how me what other peoples cars do !!!

Whatever Fords put in it, its only 3 weeks old and still full

It takes a second or two to go out, can't remember it staying on a second or so longer than the other lights when I first got it, hence a video to how me what other peoples cars do !!!

I've just checked mine for you (1.6 TiVCT Titanium) - sorry can't do a video as my mobile doesn't have a video camera!

You're right, the oil light does go out a second or so after the others after the engine's started - hadn't noticed before! My revs do exactly the same as yours too.

Guess that, while the alternator light etc goes out straight away as the engine starts hence charge goes into the battery immediately, it takes a (very) little while for the oil to get up to pressure & hence the oil light to go out. Will take longer when doing a "cold" start than one with a hot engine because the oil will be thicker when cold hence take slightly longer to get up to pressure. Noticed this on most of my previous cars (even when they were brand new!) but hadn't noticed it on the Fiesta until I saw your post.

So I'm sure that your car's quite normal & there's nothing to worry about.

Thanks Andy much appreciated, it took me a few weeks to notice thats why I thought it must have just occurred, i.e. there has been a change and something is wrong etc - First ever brand new car so very nervous and want all to be alright etc as you do ............

Also it will feel like the light is on for 10 seconds now I have drawn your attention to it ......................... sorry ................... hope it doesn't bug you like it does me

Think Caligator is a top video / pc expert kinda expected him to drop in a video and I am, sure he has a 1.6 petrol

Thanks again ................ life is good again

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club