Do Not Sell My Personal Information

*** Fiesta Mk7 - Damaged Driver Door Mirror Cost?

BHeart

Hi

Just had a call from my daughter this evening and she said that when she went to her car earlier this evening, the drivers door mirror was damaged.

Her car is a 2010 5 door Fiesta Zetec.

I can't remember if she said it was hanging off or, if she found the mirror on the road and whether the glass was damaged.

She said it looked like someone had kicked her drivers mirror off but added that the mirrors were folded in but, I'm wondering if they were folded, if a car has got close enough to knock off a folded mirror, there might be some panel damage (I do hope not). I'm always telling her to make sure that before she leaves her car, the mirrors are folded in because they are expensive to replace.

The mirrors are heated and folding and I'm going to have a look at her car tomorrow but, I'd like to know what this might cost to replace whether it's the complete unit, the body, the 'push-on' back and/or the glass?

Is it a DIY job or, does Ford need to do it?

Part numbers and prices

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/search.php?start=10&limit=10&cat=736

Should be able to DIY it, most bits clip on you might have to remove the door card to disconnect the electrics if you have to change the whole mirror.

Door card removal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mk7 wing mirror changing is a doddle I've done it, mk7.5 they get a bit more tricky ;)

Should be able to get a new replacement (primed and cheaper than direct from ford) from any decent breakers yard. If you're really lucky they'll have one off a car (cheaper), if you're even luckier they'll have one in the right colour ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Sorry for posting off topic, but my right mirror is shaking a bit while I drive, and the left one is 100% steady, I'm guessing the mirror is a bit loose, do I have too take off the door card to just tighten the mirror?

From memory I can't 100% remember :lol: I needed to take whole door card off to change mirror I remember that, but for just tightening you might be able to get away with that little access panel thing, as said I honestly can't remember

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Sorry for posting off topic, but my right mirror is shaking a bit while I drive, and the left one is 100% steady, I'm guessing the mirror is a bit loose, do I have too take off the door card to just tighten the mirror?

I think the fixing for the mirror is behind the gromit that can be seen with the door open, I think you only need the door card off to unplug the electrics.

UPDATE! Ok guys, update on the mirror; I've still not had a chance to check the mirror myself but the damage does not appear to be as bad as I thought it was going to be and, my daughter has now given me the following information:

> The mirror glass is not damaged but was hanging down from the body with the wires still attached to the back of it.

(She cannot get the mirror to stay/fix into place and keeps dropping out and is held on by the wires)?

> The colour coded back cover was found on the pavement but is not damaged.

> The black plastic trim that is fitted around the plastic body of the mirror has a hair line crack across it's width.

> The mirror still folds in when she locks the car.

Q: Is the mirror supposed to snap back into place inside the body?

Q: If I remember correctly, the colour coded back cover should just snap back into place?

Q: Can you buy separately, the 'black plastic trim' that fits around the plastic body?

The mirror should clip back onto the motor, the clips on the mirror could be broken.

Aslong as the clips inside are intact the cover should clio back on.

Do you mean the part around the indicator? If so it think this is part of the main unit so won't be able to buy seperately. Can the crack be glued from behind so it's not seen when everything is back together?

• Like 1

It probably easier getting a used part from eBay for about £40, and keep the existing one for spares for the next misshap.

HI Mark

I've had a chance to inspect it this afternoon and the body is fine and the mirror glass snaps back onto motor and it can still be adjusted up/down, left/right so that's good.

The colour coded cover cap is 99.9% ok but, has is very small 5mm part missing from the lip that fits under the 'black trim' mention below but, you would not see that once it's pushed onto the body.

It's the black trim that is the same shape as the mirror and surrounds the mirror and fits (with the mirror in the normal driving position) over the whole of the body and keeps the cover cap and lower body parts together.

Hope that makes sense?

I've actually checked the part now and it actually broken across it's width with a bit missing.

Can you buy that part separately?

A picture will help ;)

Only the glass, indicator lense and coloured cover are separate, the rest is all one part.

Hi Willy

Update! I called a local breakers yard to day and they don't have a mk7 drivers htd/elec/fold mirror but they have the non folding drivers mirror complete for £50 plus VAT.

Although it's non folding, I can hopefully get the 'black trim' that surrounds the mirror, off it, the indicator lens and the back cover but, I'll have to spray that up to Colorado red.

Do you think that's a good price for a used unit?

Thanks for your input.

The part I'm talking about is separate from the body - as you look towards at a normal undamaged mirror, the black trim that surrounds the complete mirror, pushes over the mirror body and the coloured back cover and keep them together.

I'm happy to take a photo of the damaged part but I don't know how to upload it but I'll give it a go.

Well, photo uploaded, that was easy enough! :)

As stated, the mirror, the mirror body which is secured to the door and includes the part that the mirror snaps onto, is ok. The remote mirror operation works fine. So far, we have not found the indicator lense.

post-17044-0-09247800-1424723819_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club