Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Inside Plastic Cover Removal

BytesGuy
聽Share

Have a problem with the boot keep unlocking itself randomly (mostly when starting the car), so after some research (and it being looked at during service) the problem is water in the switch below the Ford logo. I know what needs replacing roughly, but I cannot get access to it.

The problem is getting the interior cover off the boot lid. I took the screws out of the two side panels (which hold up the shelf) and managed to yank them off.

I then removed the screw in the inside handle for the boot, but I can't for the life of me get the plastic cover off the boot lid.

Tried pulling it via the handle, nothing. Tried going round it prising it off with a tool but nothing. I got maybe 1 or 2 clips undone at the most, but they ended up going back in!

Spent about an hour and got nowhere with it :(

I'd imagine it's not too bad if you can get a grip on the thing to just pull it straight off, but apart from the handle there doesn't seem to be anywhere else to hold it.

Any tips at all? Or is there a video of how to do it?

Thanks

• 2 years later...

Did you manage to do this? I'm having the same problem now 馃槪

I have had mine off about 10 times in the last month doing the reversing camera and its very tight and you will think you have broke something

when it releases.

Looking at the hatch face forward i tend to start from the left side as its that bit looser and then just a strong wrench and a horrible noise and its off.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club