Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 Problems: Gearbox Ratio And Steering

Danne

Hullo!

Please bear with me. I'm not English spoken, but Swedish.

Bought a 2004 C-MAX DM2 Ghia (petrol) a couple of weeks ago. Love it. But there are two annoying issues I'm trying to figure out and solve:

1. The gearbox ratio is way too low. When in 110 km/h (about 68 miles/h), which is a normal cruising speed in Sweden, the rpm is about 3.200. Sure, I could get 17 inch wheels instead of the standard 16 inch ones and tires to go with that. But then, the speedometer won't show correct speed. Are there any other way to solve this?

2. The steering is extremely direct. I've been driving cars since 1973 both as your regular John Doe and as a profesional and have probably 1.3 million miles under my belt. But the only time I encountered a steering that reacts as fast and this was when I test drove a formula 3 racing car. Have searched the web and found that some C-MAX offers a way to select how the power steering should react (sport, standard and something like "comfortable" or similar). But there's no way I can find a way to change this. Any suggestions?

Looking forward to helpful replies.

Cheers

/Dan

On my 2005 Focus is eas in thr settings menu why may br the same as the c max.

When you scroll thru fuel and milage left to empty the setting are there.

As you say standard comfort and sport providing your vehicle supports this.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a bunch for trying to help. But partially, I don't fully understand what you're saying. And regardless of that, I don't have any option like that when scrolling through settings.

On my 2005 Focus is eas in thr settings menu why may br the same as the c max.
When you scroll thru fuel and milage left to empty the setting are there.
As you say standard comfort and sport providing your vehicle supports this.
Hope this helps.

Maybe it will give the info you need in your drivers handbook if you hve one.

But on my Focus it was where the trip computer and average and instant fuel usage was but maybe your model does not support this.

Regards .

Terry.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club