Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Hard-Wiring Dashcam

Phil 87

• 11 months later...

Does anyone know a permanent live in a mk7 Fiesta?

I've wired up to the rear wiper for constant recording when the ignition is on.

I wired up to the keyless start for the permanent live and I do have keyless start but it seems to turn off after a minute or two.

Thinkware F750. Thanks

• 3 years later...

HI Guys... Just wondering, Is it safe to use the empty fuse slots for dash cam hardwiring? (if they have power in it). Thanks in advance

You really need to use a meter to test for 12v on one side of the fuse holder and whether or not its ignition switched or not. Ideally you only want ignition switched source. As current of dashcam is very low that won't really be a consideration that's why its often easier to just piggyback an existing fuse. 

• Like 2

I have a 2011 titanium and i have permanent live off the rear wiper for my tracker,i put it onto piggy back fuse onto another cigi plug the side off glove box loose.

I have also used a blank fuse hole for ignition live for my dash cams and run that onto a power Adapter with 5 outlets 3 x cigi and 2 x usb.

And yes my car has the cigi hole permanent in the front but didn't want to use that up with a adapter sticking out of if.

Did not want dash cam on permanent as battery drain as my car stands a lot for 3 days or more and had this issue before flat battery and to me no point.

• Like 2

Thanks Comares2001 & jace1969!!

i took the liberty of checking each fuse slots to see which has Constant Power and which has ACC Power ... and hope this could help others.

DISCLAIMER: Do piggy backing fuses at you own risk. I will not be held responsible if damage occurs. Use multimeters and Choose your fuse slots wisely!.

O = Constant Power ( Power ON even tho ignition is OFF )

X = ACC Power ( Power turns On only when ignition is ON ) 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

page1.jpeg

page2.jpeg

page3.jpeg

page4.jpeg

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 4.23.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 6.32.44 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club