Do Not Sell My Personal Information

pumaspeed

zetecpete

Not for the mk7 you cant :P :lol:

Okay Mr SmartArse! LOL

From what I've read on other forums the problem with the bluefin is the map on it is generic, with one map made to work with a number of cars. I don't know if this will be the case with the mk7 superchips/bluefin map? I'm presuming pumaspeeds map will be a dedicated mk7 map though, and will probably be better for performance etc.

Youve hit the nail right on the head. ;) :D

the bluefin remap is not generic there maps only work on the model its made for,ie they have a mk7 tivct 1.6 car in there workshop which they have been working on for yonks,when its finished you wouldnt be able to say load it onto a mondeo or infact any new fiesta without the 1.6tivct engine in it :lol:

Both the portable bluefin and portable pumaspeed devices will carry generic maps for the car in question, to do a custom live map they would need to have the car there and spend a few hours changing things and testing them on the road and on a rolling road. Live maps are better as they are tailored to suit that car and that car only ,thus giving better results as every car is slightly different.

I understand both portable units carry a generic map, however I thought I'd read somewhere that bluefin maps were even more generic lol. For example I though i'd read that one bluefin unit/map was compatible with a number of ford cars such as the fiesta, puma etc with multiple engines for each vehicle. I may be wrong though.

Sorry i must of misunderstood your question, as far as im aware the bluefin maps are tailored for each vehicle, otherwise the mk7 would just use a map off an existing 1.6 ford, like the focus that also uses the 1.6 ti-vct engine.

Sorry i must of misunderstood your question, as far as im aware the bluefin maps are tailored for each vehicle, otherwise the mk7 would just use a map off an existing 1.6 ford, like the focus that also uses the 1.6 ti-vct engine.

Same nail hit on the same head ;) :lol:

Well if the same engine is used in a number of cars then why not use the same re-map (i.e 1.6 TDCi engine - Fiesta, MINI, Peugeot, etc.). I accept it might not give you all the power that a car specific remap might do but for half the price I'd accept a few bhp drop

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club