Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Suoerchip On Fiesta Metal

cassidy_1419

If I'm right in thinking the metal is circa 130bhp nasp petrol engine then imo it's not worth it...

If it ain't turbo don't chip it! You'd be looking at spending around £300 for a gain of between 9-15 ponies, £21-30 per pony? Stop horsing around! :')

You'd be better off fitting other mods unless money isn't an object but even with the remap you'd be hard pressed to feel a 'noticeable' difference!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

If I'm right in thinking the metal is circa 130bhp nasp petrol engine then imo it's not worth it...

If it ain't turbo don't chip it! You'd be looking at spending around £300 for a gain of between 9-15 ponies, £21-30 per pony? Stop horsing around! :')

You'd be better off fitting other mods unless money isn't an object but even with the remap you'd be hard pressed to feel a 'noticeable' difference!

Sent from my iPhone using FordOC

What other mods would you suggest other than the chip?

exhaust, filter, cams etc...

Was looking into getting a filter, wanted something with a bit of noise as well? Do you know if the k&n panel filter improves the noise or will I need to spend a bit more money?

if your Metal is 2011+ (134ps) then it already has a different map than the standard Mk7 Zetec S, so if you're looking at map gains quoted for standard ZS's then they're not equivilant.

The S1600 (2011+ only) and Metals are one-and-the-same so were sold as 'remapped' from the factory - I doubt this map is as tight as a pro would be able to get - I'd imagine it would be still quite 'erring on the side of caution' but IMO it's not worth it.

You already have the gains from everything the metal/S1600 has (shorter, faster, gears; improved intake, biger downpipes / exhaust, remap, dat gurggle), so from here on I think it you should be looking at sport cat, cams, induction (which are ell expensive) THEN a remap.

If you look at the Mounttune packages they will give you an idea of the correct upgrade path for the metal/s1600 and you will note that some of them include a remap because extensive work has been done.

I only had the standard filter on my 2011 S1600 for a day before putting the K&N on and there was a slight increace in induction noise but not as much as you would gain from replacing the whole thing with a J1 automotive indutcion kit for example. I'm still running mine with the K&N pannel and although I am toying with the idea of the J1, I'm quite happy with the KN pannel for now.

Rick

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club