Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S footwell lighting

taz777

for those of you who have the wiring you may be able to fit the interior light with the submarine lighting and also the neon strip thingy along the passinger side dash,i tryed the interior light but didnt have the wire to power the submarine lights which must come on when you put the headlights on ;)

what exactly is the neon strip which you refer to? is it only available on the titanium? anyone got any pics?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magenta

• Nipz

• AlexB

• xxtrickzxx

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a neon strip - it's a very dim led strip as part of the ambient lighting package. It's fitted to the Titanium and the Zetec and goes with the submarine light and the red illumination in the cubby hole at the base of the dash. Personally, I intend to turn it off.

See page 18 of the Fiesta brochure. You can download it from the Ford website if you won't have it.

It's not a neon strip - it's a very dim led strip as part of the ambient lighting package. It's fitted to the Titanium and the Zetec and goes with the submarine light and the red illumination in the cubby hole at the base of the dash. Personally, I intend to turn it off.

See page 18 of the Fiesta brochure. You can download it from the Ford website if you won't have it.

I have heard that the ambient lighting looks better in the brochure than in real life. Looks like a bit of a gimmick!

I have heard that the ambient lighting looks better in the brochure than in real life. Looks like a bit of a gimmick!

If you're driving, you can't really see it because it's quite soft but it is nice just to define the dash a bit. The "submarine" lighting illuminates just enough for there to be a faint orange glow over the centre of the car and the two points for the lights are by the reading lights so you;re not fumbling about too much.

Basically. I like it :lol:

If you're driving, you can't really see it because it's quite soft but it is nice just to define the dash a bit. The "submarine" lighting illuminates just enough for there to be a faint orange glow over the centre of the car and the two points for the lights are by the reading lights so you;re not fumbling about too much.

Basically. I like it :lol:

Yea i like it, its there enough to notice it but not enough to distract you :) I didnt like the footwell lighting as standard so put my blue ones in now its perfect!

Yea i like it, its there enough to notice it but not enough to distract you :) I didnt like the footwell lighting as standard so put my blue ones in now its perfect!

Blue? Are they dim? My red ones were dim before I got my new LEDs. Why blue, may I ask? It sounds like that's awfully clashy.

The standard white bulbs really look out of place.

Blue? Are they dim? My red ones were dim before I got my new LEDs. Why blue, may I ask? It sounds like that's awfully clashy.

The standard white bulbs really look out of place.

They are subtle, but again enough light there so when you open the doors you can see everything.

Blue and Yellow are my favorite colours, and cant really get nice yellow bulbs so got blue :)

Doesnt really clash with anything because when they are on there is white light at the top part of the car and blue in the footwell, then when your driving it all turns red!

• 2 weeks later...

to all of you with a zetec s and have the bulb holders and wiring have you got the auto lights and wipers package and/or climate control?

• 2 months later...

Mine has the wiring there and im going to order some 501 leds :D and i have the climate control pack

• 1 year later...

I've just received a 2 pack of the white ones from the eBay link provided earlier, checked my car & it doesn't have the wiring or holders (58 plate Zetec S). Anybody want to save theirselves the wait to get these sent from the US / FE, drop me a line & I'll post them on for £2.00.

I might take those bulbs... just need to go check if I have the sockets.

So as already requested - can those of you who have the socets and wiring please state whether you have any additionals such as climate control etc?

I might take those bulbs... just need to go check if I have the sockets.

So as already requested - can those of you who have the socets and wiring please state whether you have any additionals such as climate control etc?

I have a standard 2010 ZS and the sockets were already in place. No climate control or extras.

I have a 59 plate zetec s...no wiring or bulb holders BUT i see exactly where they would go!

So will be getting a couple holders n wiring them in to the interior light defo...with a switch too coz I want to be able to see my pupils feet during winter...getting too dark!! 'dnt like et' :lol:

Piggy

PS no climate control or interior package of anysort

Ive just gone out in the freezing cold -3oC to check my footwells and i have the socket with the copper inserts but no power, perhaps a fuze is all thats nedded or their not wired, but why put in the holders surly it would be cheaper to put in the cable rather that the holder, wierd

It was exactly the same with my old Mondeo. Top range models got the wiring and bulbs. One step down just got the wiring, but no bulbs. Blame the "bean counters". My humble LX only had the mounting brackets, which were part of the standard bodyshell.

However, it was dead easy to get a couple of bulb holders from a scrap yard and wire them in.

But, you just wait to see how I had them wired up in the Mondeo and plan to do in my Fiesta!

Think to yourslefs for one moment, one person is saying it works, yet 3-4 people saying it don't....don't take a great brain to work out they could be telling lies? ;)

Congratulations. You've just passed the entrance exam' to become a magistrate. :rolleyes:

I had the wiring too, went for the 12-led red bulbs like many others and they look great. 60 plate zetec-s with street pack, interior pack 1 and the (hopefully never needed) spare wheel!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 59 reg Fiesta Zetec S and i dont have the footwell lighting and i not got any wiring there to just a bit of plastic where a bulb holders clip should go for the lighting

So all new Zetec S have the wiring?

I told my man today when I (finally) signed for mine, about the wiring being there, but no blubs, and he's going to look into it!!

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club