Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Smokers

Sent from Ye Olde iPadde using Ford OC

Non smokers that pick on smokers.

It's not illegal so pick on someone else.

• Like 2

agree Stoney I smoke but won't smoke beside my mates that don't I stand to the side :).

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

It's not smokers as people, it's just the one who lives downstairs from me/the other three residents in this half of the building, who smokes like an industrial flippin' furnace (seriously!!), stinking out all the surrounding flats - and aggravating my flippin' athsma!

She promised that she'd open her windows when she smokes (it's not her fault that the flats are about as airtight as a colander, after all) but she seems to have forgotten that bit...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not picking on her (or smokers in general) it's all about being neighbourly: we've all asked nicely to find a solution, I've offered to come pop in and seal up some gaps (and I've sealed up all the gaps I can find in my flat too), so nope, not picking on her, we residents just don't like the smell of her cigarette/cigar/industrial furnace smoke!!

I don't have anything against her as a person, so more correctly, I agree, I should have said that I hate smoke, not smokers.

;)

Sent from Ye Olde iPadde using Ford OC

I once heard that smokers are jokers, are you suggesting this ancient adage is untrue?

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

Yes, especially if it's wrapped around a brick ;)

But if I don't wrap it around a brick technically I'm only spreading education...

Things I don't like? The people who are jumping on the anti Clarkson bandwagon saying things like "he thinks he's invincible and can say what he wants"

I am seriously offended by this for infinite reasons -

Firstly I have no doubt the people saying the above would also jump on the 'we should have free speech' bandwagon provided it fits their views... So they're hypocritical!

Secondly - where are these people when certain groups march UK streets holding placards about killing our soldiers or our soldiers going to hell? So those groups can say that, but Clarkson can't make some 'flippant' comment that he probably has no personal backing about?

Etc etc

Don't get me wrong, if he hit someone then I guess the BBC can't be seen to do nothing, but there are far more pressing people to be peeved at than Mr C...

• Like 1

Obviously non-disabled people parking in disabled bays in supermarket carparks!

And people parking their precious cars in 2 bays! Yes, I know it could get scratched or dinted so park it in the furthest space from the door then!

Obviously non-disabled people parking in disabled bays in supermarket carparks!

And people parking their precious cars in 2 bays! Yes, I know it could get scratched or dinted so park it in the furthest space from the door then!

I'm guilty of using disabled bays recently, and whilst I know it's wrong, I k ow it's slightly less mick taking as I genuinely have been suffering with my walking recently and using a stick. Though I only use one whilst there is still a good 10 spaces around (local cinema)

Fair play to you James, you're finding it difficult to walk. That's what the spaces are for, not necessarily Blue badge holders. It's the 'Can't be a**ed to walk' brigade I have problems with!

Hope your walking improves by the way ;)

• Like 1

I find the array of 'disabilities' incredible, when it boils down to the disabled spaces however, I think they should be purely for people who:

1. Have difficulty walking, or

2. Cannot walk (spaces for wheelchairs).

I get sick of seeing people in their brand spanking cars pull up to a disabled spot and someone hop out and near somersault their way into the shop!

The other irritant I have is when you see people park in the parent and child parking space with a car seat in the back but no child to be seen anywhere... Makes me want to beat them with a stick!

• Like 2

I find the array of 'disabilities' incredible, when it boils down to the disabled spaces however, I think they should be purely for people who:

1. Have difficulty walking, or

2. Cannot walk (spaces for wheelchairs).

I get sick of seeing people in their brand spanking cars pull up to a disabled spot and someone hop out and near somersault their way into the shop!

The other irritant I have is when you see people park in the parent and child parking space with a car seat in the back but no child to be seen anywhere... Makes me want to beat them with a stick!

+1

Precisely what I was trying to say ;)

+1

Precisely what I was trying to say ;)

When I said about people hopping out of cars in disabled spots, the amazing thing is, they often tend to have a blue badge... Of course the danger is you end up a bit like that scene in "me, myself and Irene" where the bloke is actually picking up someone frail or something, but the majority of the time it's either someone who doesn't really need that parking space (even if they are disabled) or much like the empty car seat, they've got the blue badge because they often ferry their granny around but she's no where to be seen...

• Like 1

Deafness can qualify for a blue badge....

That doesn't impede walking, and I agree I see it all the time, one man in a brand new range rover, blue badge on display and he leaps out of it like it's the Olympics tryouts, in the meantime I have seen an old couple have to pull up at a normal space, fight there way out of the car and the man get round to get the woman her walking frame... That is frustrating, but Coa he has a badge on display...

As for my walking it's slowly improving, getting back to the office had helped because I walk around more, thankfully I'm developing confidence to hobble around without the stick at the moment, but it's never far away...

You can/should only use a blue badge if you are the person it was issued to or using it for the person who is a passenger in your car at the time or you are picking them up/dropping off. I know this because my father qualify for one he's 92 and uses a wheelchair or can manage a short walk of a few yards only

It really !Removed! es me off when people use them just coz they're feeking lazy and we can't get near.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Deafness can qualify for a blue badge....

That doesn't impede walking, and I agree I see it all the time, one man in a brand new range rover, blue badge on display and he leaps out of it like it's the Olympics tryouts, in the meantime I have seen an old couple have to pull up at a normal space, fight there way out of the car and the man get round to get the woman her walking frame... That is frustrating, but Coa he has a badge on display...

*Climbs onto soapbox* 'ahem' welllll actually, my dad lost his hearing in one ear last year, it really affected his balance and he struggled for quite a while, he's lost it for good and is only now really getting his footing proper again. He's managed to get back to playing tennis etc - so of course blue badge would not be on.. But just thought I'd say it can affect walking via balance...

True that, though i have known many deaf people (some in my own family) who have not had balance issues, but qualify for Blue badge. Those who genuinely need them I agree, but those who abuse them are ad bad as those who just pull up in the space with nothing on the dash and leap out the car like they're in a bond audition.

Muat admit my balance is bad as I thought it pertained to the suspected ms but seems something else is getting me...

My dad got a virus and it killed one of his ears, so he lost his hearing quite suddenly, I guess as a result the fluids all went or changed and so his balance went.. But as I said he's grown to adjust and he's running around again which is good. Still not 100% but getting better :)

Muat admit my balance is bad as I thought it pertained to the suspected ms but seems something else is getting me...

Kinda know what you're on about, I was diagnosed with 'probable' MS 4 years ago. ;)

• Like 1

Smokers, don't get me wrong I smoke, but don't blow smoke it my face as I walk down the street, it's rank.

Ecig users under the illusion they have nothing bad in them at all.

non smokers who just aren't cool enough to smoke, did you not learn how to make friends in school?

Tyres prices.

regretting buying a 90K car without thinking it had 90K part prices and running costs lol

• Like 2

Pulling out of the local big tesco car park, doing a right (it's straight onto a mini roundabout), I pull out am halfway and a car from my left pulls out to go into tescos, tries to ram me and beeps *me*

Traffic queues

Those drivers when you're in a queue who insist on letting every single car out of a side road when you finally start 'moving'

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

I don't like it when you're waiting to turn right out of a junction and on the primary road where there is traffic people insist on going nose to tail and actually not even thinking of letting you out... 'Why? It's not even like I'm going to be ahead of you because I'm going the other way!'

• Like 1

* Learners who hold up peak hour traffic by crawling on major one lane roads, adding to the already high stress levels of people trying to get to work/meetings/appointments. (Yes we were all a learner once, but how hard is it to drive on less busy streets until you actually learn to control the car?!! Most of the blame lies with the instructor though.)

* Pedestrians who throw themselves on the road thinking they own it, and then crawling across at a leisurely pace.

* Poorly coordinated/synchronized traffic lights where you accelerate for a few meters and then slam the anchors on again. I almost cry as my MPG nose-dives.

* School-run posh mums driving Range Rovers who pull out of a junction at a moments notice, requiring evasive action.

• Like 1

* Learners who hold up peak hour traffic by crawling on major one lane roads, adding to the already high stress levels of people trying to get to work/meetings/appointments. (Yes we were all a learner once, but how hard is it to drive on less busy streets until you actually learn to control the car?!! Most of the blame lies with the instructor though.)

* Pedestrians who throw themselves on the road thinking they own it, and then crawling across at a leisurely pace.

* Poorly coordinated/synchronized traffic lights where you accelerate for a few meters and then slam the anchors on again. I almost cry as my MPG nose-dives.

* School-run posh mums driving Range Rovers who pull out of a junction at a moments notice, requiring evasive action.

All of those.

Even as a learner myself, I hated other learner drivers. But that was because I learned in an automatic so it was easier for me.

The drugs I'm having to take my injury

Idiots in small cars with big exhausts trying to show off and cut me up. Ha.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club