Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like buying from a local Indian BEFORE reading the reviews...

Half went in the bin and the half I ate has made me feel quite ill indeed.

I'll stick to McDonald's in future... You still feel sick afterwards but at least it tastes good.

• Like 2

Haven't had an Indian for quite a while.

Despite there being three in close proximity in the high street.

Haven't had a Mcdonalds for twice as long, as I haven't had an Indian,, it seems when working it out!

Haven't had an Indian for quite a while.

Despite there being three in close proximity in the high street.

Haven't had a Mcdonalds for twice as long, as I haven't had an Indian,, it seems when working it out!

Stay away from both if you value your digestive system.

• Like 1

Stay away from both if you value your digestive system

Thinking back, I think must have been Feb 2004, when I last had an Indian and some time in the summer of 1989, for the last time I had a McDonalds

Thinking back, I think must have been Feb 2004, when I last had an Indian and some time in the summer of 1989, for the last time I had a McDonalds

Good grief, that is a long time ago. Very specific dates too, well done. I can barely remember what year it is NOW let alone when I last had a meal out.

As much as I prefer good home cooking, using the drive-through (I refuse to write "thru") and stuffing your face with a cheap cheeseburger is more satisfying in some situations.

Dates weren't that specific, just a month.

In comparison my next bother down, is the one for remembering pedantic details, like the time of the meal, who was with him, and what they wore, what the drive was like over to the restaurant, what he ordered, the name of the waiter etc.

He'd be an ideal witness to an accident

On topic of pass plus, it is expensive, but it was free due to the savings I made on insurance.

Restricted car sizes are a must I think, they do it on motorbikes. Went to college with a guy who had a 2, or 2.2l lexus as his first car, ran head first into a people carrier while showing off to friends (some of mine) in the car, one lovely chap was on life support for about a week before the decision was made to turn it off. Genuinely lovely bloke, never in a bad mood and always trying to put a smile on people's faces. The driver ended up in clink and the last time I saw him he carried himself like a deflated balloon....

Whose fault was it? The guy was 18 when he killed a friend...

• Like 1

Don't the bikes too, have separate tests, for each level, that you have pass, before you can proceed to the next?

It's never good to kill anyone in a car crash: let alone of your friends :(

There's always one who got a car way way beyond there skill levels. When I was at the tech college, there was a chap I knew quite well, whose family own the local fuel oil depot, his first car a brand new VW Scirroco upon his 17th birthday and half the time he used a company 4.6L Range Rover. He too, crashed both of them, whilst showing off, his newly acquired skills - fortunately nobody was injured.

Don't the bikes too, have separate tests, for each level, that you have pass, before you can proceed to the next?

It's never good to kill anyone in a car crash: let alone of your friends :(

There's always one who got a car way way beyond there skill levels. When I was at the tech college, there was a chap I knew quite well, whose family own the local fuel oil depot, his first car a brand new VW Scirroco upon his 17th birthday and half the time he used a company 4.6L Range Rover. He too, crashed both of them, whilst showing off, his newly acquired skills - fortunately nobody was injured.

The sad thing is, whose fault is it really? If someone gave me a massive powered car when I was younger, I'd have been sensible most of the time, but then once or twice I'd have pushed the boundaries... Of course, im at the helm...However do you give a child a box of matches? I think there is a parental duty or perhaps a legal duty in order to protect other people from child like decisions made by people that are incapable of controlling themselves for extended periods of time..

• Like 1

I don't like knowing in 54 minutes I will be sitting at my desk.

Just another day closer to the weekend... Just another day closer to the weekend...

• Like 1

Yes I remember all the "showing off" by new drivers. I didn't get a car til I was 21, but I'm amazed I survived through college being a passenger in various cars.

• Like 1

My year group (6th Form)has to go to a "Safe Drive Stay Alive" lecture a few weeks ago. Funded by Surrey Fire & Rescue IIRC.

Was very sobering, hopefully it'll work as it has in previous years and prevent more young people being killed on our roads.

• Like 1

^ I had something a bit like that, can't remember what it was called but it was an optional driving course arranged by the college. All I can remember from it is that they taught is to drive around the car park, and showed us that you can get the car moving and drive slowly without even touching the accelerator. That's quite a good thing to teach when the accelerator is a bit too enticing for most 17 year olds.

• Like 2

I don't like the driver in front this morning who slammed on her brakes for no reason, I had to slam on mine as a result and so on. After that I left a huge gap only for her to do it again halfway up the same road, fortunately this time all I had to do was ease off...

You seriously have to wonder why they're on the road :s

Might well have been thinking about it :unsure:

seriously good job my brakes are good

^ Maybe it was one of those cars where the passenger can operate the brake if they push their feet into the footwell, I forget which car that was lol.

I think that was Renault? Lazy French can't be bothered to move anything over, on the 206 and the MK2 Clio the wipers were the wrong way round. :lol:

Our 207 has the fuse box in the glove box meaning it's half the size it should be, they couldn't be bothered to move it over.

Good old French! ;)

• Like 1

I did get it on dashcam, tbh I've gotten so used to it being there I forgot all about it lol

I'll post it up tonight as i dont know how and my husband's at work and see what the consensus thinks :)

• Like 1

Possible, but that problem *should* have been sorted by now. That's even if it's an affected model!

Possible, but that problem *should* have been sorted by now. That's even if it's an affected model!

Yeah in theory they should all have been fixed because there was a callback wasn't there? But surely that relies on the manufacturer / dealers having the correct address for everyone with that car, or is it done through the DVLA? And even then the DVLA could have the wrong address, and some people might just throw the letter in the bin thinking it is just trying to sell them something.

In theory yes there could be a few still out there. We will have to look at the footage first though. ;)

I don't think that awareness courses are wrong, however it's not enough, we all play our part for the right people...

I kept my hands at 10 n 2 for the examiner.

I didn't lane drift on an empty roundabout with the instructor. My mum doesn't believe I swear.

I was really ill when I couldn't get that bit of work in on time.

There was car trouble that time I was late etc...

But the reality is, you put anyone in a vehicle which has that oomph, and at some point in time, they'll test it...

I'd say on the roads I was always fairly sensible, I've not yet been done for speeding or anything like that *touch wood*, growing up I remember being left behind in dust when two friends (one on a bike, the other in a mondeo) decided to have a race down a 50mph dual carriageway, at a guess I'd say they hit double that... My 1.2 Clio would firstly have stood no chance, secondly if anyone got done it would have been me (knowing my luck), and I suppose I just thought there was no point.. But I am by no means a road Saint, I've done the silly overtakes, I've done the queue hopping, I've slowed when someone is up my rear... I think it's only human that we push limits here and there (in other forms if not on the road)... So nothing will end Road deaths, nothing will stop sensible people doing something stupid, honestly I'm sure at least one of my silly overtakes could have killed me or someone else had it gone wrong, it's only luck that it didn't... So my point is, as you grow up, you get more experienced, you learn more as well as get a good understanding of what you have in your grasp.

So limit kids to certain hours, limit them to engine sizes, limit them to passenger numbers or even passenger ages.. If it means they'll have less incidents where luck decides who lives or who dies, then I'm all for it...

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club