Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

13 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I don't like......Genuine reverse camera when they pack in,only 2 months of trying to fit a cheap one,all live/earth sorted and Fakra to Phono type converter.

Dam rolling picture so one thing left............Bin...........Project through the window as im not paying £150+ for a Ford camera to last 18 months again.

HELP..........HELP.       

Definitely the camera? Check all your wiring especially grounds. I had a "rolling" picture which turned out to be a bad video signal ground.

7 hours ago, Micro said:

Definitely the camera? Check all your wiring especially grounds. I had a "rolling" picture which turned out to be a bad video signal ground.

See the 3 wires are linked up 100% thats Ground/ignition live and reverse live so it can only be this dam video lead,the old Fakra the turns it from Fakra to phono type.

19 hours ago, jace1969 said:

See the 3 wires are linked up 100% thats Ground/ignition live and reverse live so it can only be this dam video lead,the old Fakra the turns it from Fakra to phono type.

Unplug / replug your fakra connector and leads, if you have a multimeter you can check any ground for continuity.

9 hours ago, Micro said:

Unplug / replug your fakra connector and leads, if you have a multimeter you can check any ground for continuity.

Ok will try this again as i have tested it with a tester light and all works fine,you have just saved a camera from going the direction of the bin(for now)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like my browser keeps stalling, not exactly crashing nor locking up: but just having periods of non-responsiveness.  Despite applying a few tips from Mozillazine, which have increased the delay between the periods: it's still doing it!:sad:

Whilst I shouldn't be that surprised, I don't like that my phone camera can't film in darkness, even when illuminating the subject (Pipper doing her nightly zoomies) with a 30w LED spot light.  :sad:

I wanted a 20-30 second video of her, to upload to her social media.  Apart from her zipping past me up the drive (2 seconds), I've shot 3 minutes of darkness with occasional white flash of spaniel as she zooms by me.:huh:

For that matter, this morning I tried videoing Pipper's morning zoomies.  Which was perfect apart, from the fact she combined her morning zoomies with the first 2 ablutions of the day:ohmy: 

• Haha 3

If it's any consolation, my father can't take photos/videos of our dogs without at least 25% of them literally being the dogs b*&&ocks :laugh:

• Like 2

Mine don't stay still enough either.

I get the camera turned on and they bolt as soon as they see the LED light come on.

Not photogenic at all (neither am I tbh).

• Like 1

Tonight's failed attempt, videoing Pipper reclining on her back, on my lap, whilst she ate pigs ear she'd got balanced on her chest.  Cuddling her with my right arm whilst trying to keep the phone steady and in focus with my left. 

Result, 2 minutes of a blurry moving Pipper,   but including such highlights as 10 seconds of a wet nose ,  30 seconds of her rear left paw and 15 seconds of her forehead! 

• Haha 2

Ha ha! Not easy taking video of pets. Last night I spent 15 minutes lying on the floor trying to get footage of our cats. I managed to get about 15 seconds of action :rolleyes: One of them lies on his back underneath the couch and pulls himself along! Quite funny watching it and watching the other cats reaction to him! :smile:

• Like 1

Molly appears to have gone hunting whilst Pipper and I were out on her morning stroll:sad:

I've just found a mouse head and some intestines in the airing cupboard:ohmy: a front leg in the bathroom:ohmy:, and the tail end on the 3rd stair down:ohmy:.  I am however, missing a torso and the other 3  legs, I wonder where Molly has abandoned them??:unsure:

14 hours ago, GMX said:

Molly appears to have gone hunting whilst Pipper and I were out on her morning stroll:sad:

I've just found a mouse head and some intestines in the airing cupboard:ohmy: a front leg in the bathroom:ohmy:, and the tail end on the 3rd stair down:ohmy:.  I am however, missing a torso and the other 3  legs, I wonder where Molly has abandoned them??:unsure:

At least the mouse was deceased when the cat brought it in.

Ours brought a live one in, and then proceeded to let it go when my mum ran after him! It ran into the hoover, and that then got put outside, so we are not entirely sure if the mouse is still inside or not...

• Like 1

Could be air suspension and dropped as an anti theft deterant.
Mind you it looks good to me.

• Like 1

The exhaust tip needs to come up and face the sky with a 45 degree slash cut tip, it's all part of the "slammed" "Rat look" German style images.jpg.f4dba04b996924c1289d908bf10d24ad.jpg

• Like 1

I don't like Twitter posting embedded videos "as Pipper" on her Twitter account. :sad:Whilst they are quite funny videos, they're not related to Pipper's content.  When you're running a Twitter account as a marketing tool, for a future animal charity fundraising campaign,  2 minutes of people lighting their body gas emissions, or skateboarders being chased by angry members of the public aren't relevant.:mellow:

I can't exactly find what I need to do stop them doing it.  I thought was related to 3rd parties accessing the app, if you revoke 3rd party permissions, the app doesn't work.:sad:  Twitter is a lot easier to use with the app than with a PC/laptop

Turning the app off and only posting from one of PCs, doesn't make any difference.  So, it can't be the app, anyway  Enabling various privacy settings, again, doesn't stop it.

When you look at the "media" tab on Pipper's profile, the embedded videos aren't there, just the photos  I've uploaded of Pipper.  They aren't deletable as they aren't officially my media: but they do seem to expire after about 8-12 hours.  However, I would like them not to have appeared in the first place.  :sad:

I don't like having a house full of zombies last night!!! :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like the local job centre 🤣

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

Just went out to pick up mum from a busy shopping area. Parked in a side road. Some lady crossed the road with a suitcase and hit the side of the bumper whilst she pushed it up the kurb. A few minutes later some lady with a loose coat hit the side of the car possibly with the metal zip. Honestly I just hate careless people 😤, luckily I can't see any marks so hopefully no bad damage. 

I had a similar issue with my last car where someone was carrying a heavy bag and came up from behind and accidentally smacked his bag on the rear bumper. Luckily there was no marks (probably because it was plastic) but still gets you worried. 

I don't like totalling the household bills to realize that after working 20 double paid hours overtime last week; it equates to the exact amount of money required to clear them all 😐

No bills but also not much left to show for the extra time spent working.

• Sad 1

Don't like washing the car today and on applying the wax, noticing that the paint appears to be bubbling (or rust underneath?) under the drivers side mirror. :unsure: Will need to take the door card off to check the other side of the metal.

Reluctant to take to Ford again as requires an 80 mile round trip to a bodyshop, but if it's corrosion, they are sorting it after wriggling out of the tailgate paint rub problem.

CarPaint.jpg

I don't like the Post Office Money trying to squirm out of paying me the £5 promotional offer of switching my (former) credit card to paperless billing.

The excuse that they are trying to use to refuse my complaint: "As you were previously an online user you would not have been eligible for the promotional offer.".

The PO's own terms and conditions: 2. The Promotion is open to existing Post Office Money® credit cardholders only, who are UK residents aged 18 years or over.

Nothing within the rest of the T&C's state only new online users/customers.

I know it's only a fiver, but they aren't going to cheat me on this one!

• Like 1

I don't like seeing/hearing people applying their handbrake without pushing in the button resulting in the annoying ratchet sound! 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like seeing/hearing people applying their handbrake without pushing in the button resulting in the annoying ratchet sound! 

Same people tend to get out of the car and immediately pull up there trousers; 😦get yourself a belt for those and press the handbrake button 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Same people tend to get out of the car and immediately pull up there trousers; 😦get yourself a belt for those and press the handbrake button 

Wait...  You don't get crushed balls sitting the car? :ohmy:  I have to pull trousers down slightly when I get in to avoid this, so obviously have to pull them up again when I get out, often have to tighten the belt as well which probably looks a bit dodgy to anyone watching...no I'm not fiddling down there! :unsure::laugh: 

I don't crunch the handbrake ratchet though lol. :lol: 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club