Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

19 hours ago, zain611 said:

^^^ at first I thought you were talking about getting a audi S7 lol

LoL Its amazing how many people try to rip you off when you don't know  a lot into some things.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jace1969 said:

LoL Its amazing how many people try to rip you off when you don't know  a lot into some things.

Yeah it's like with my car. The previous owner said its had a mountune remap. After a few months of owning the car I contacted mountune to see if it has been and they said it hasn't from their information. I later found that if it's had a remap the car will have a mountune badge at the back and a K&N panel filter which it didn't have. I was also told it had a new clutch, water pump and timing belt done but sadly the previous owner said he'll send the receipts for it but nothing turned up since so don't know if these stuff have been done.

Just walk away from a car if the seller said work has been done and he'll send the receipts for it after you buy the car. 

Nice amazon,weird how these work as delivered parcel 5 houses up at 10am (we live in a row of houses like 12 per row  and 5 rows) and then i thought great mine soon

but NO it came at 7 on the night and another driver.....Weird.

I don't like how time consuming running Pipper's social media accounts are.  When I started in October I thought it would just be uploading a couple of photos daily and commenting on them, per account: 10 minutes daily I wrongly thought!   As her 'followers increase the time interacting with them grows.  I must spend around 3-4 hours a day doing it, off and on, now

I don't like how awkward it is to open some electric items, not sensibly screwed together: but with a multitude of plastic latches that you don't want to break doing it.  My Philips shaver that stopped working with a known fault, in this case.  Unlike Philips Australia/Asia who exchange the faulty unit even though it's out of warranty for free:  Philips Europe, have a non-refundable handling charge even just to look at it!  As it's known fault with battery pcb (dry joints) I thought I'd do it myself, and whilst I'm inside it, change the battery for a new one, at a cost of a third of Philips handling charge.  Finally got it open using a combination of Bojo tools, a spudger and an old Sainsbury loyalty card. Only broke one latch on the internal battery compartment out of 7.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GMX said:

combination of Bojo tools, a spudger and an old Sainsbury loyalty card.

I had to look up spudger!

" A spudger (or sometimes spludger) is a tool that has a wide flat-head screwdriver-like end that extends as a wedge, used to separate pressure-fit plastic components without causing damage during separation. "

Now I have looked it up, I think I have an urge to get one! I hate all those plastic clips too angry.png. And cars are full of them as well, in various sorts.

Talking of dismantling things, this box of bits used to be a chainsaw! All because of a leaking crankcase seal. At least it was almost all screwed together, though I am going to have to make a worm remover. For the worm oil pump drive gear on the crankshaft. The Husky tool is a silly price, and I can only find it in the USA.

I am, optimistically (?), hoping it will all go back together again and work!

CSAW-DIS.JPG

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

I had to look up spudger!

" A spudger (or sometimes spludger) is a tool that has a wide flat-head screwdriver-like end that extends as a wedge, used to separate pressure-fit plastic components without causing damage during separation. "

Now I have looked it up, I think I have an urge to get one! I hate all those plastic clips too angry.png. And cars are full of them as well, in various sorts.

Talking of dismantling things, this box of bits used to be a chainsaw! All because of a leaking crankcase seal. At least it was almost all screwed together, though I am going to have to make a worm remover. For the worm oil pump drive gear on the crankshaft. The Husky tool is a silly price, and I can only find it in the USA.

I am, optimistically (?), hoping it will all go back together again and work!

CSAW-DIS.JPG

A spudger is one of those tools, once you've got, you've no idea how you managed without it before! :laugh:

I bought my Elu ST84EK jigsaw as bucket of disassembled parts for £5 off eBay.  It had only been used once, the seller had broken the casing when it fell down 5 flights of stairs on to a concrete floor.  He'd dismantled it to replace the casing but then decided to buy another one, instead of reassembling it.  He's paid more for a new casing than he sold the saw for!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Going to the local petrol station to find the tanker there, that really grinds my gears.

13 hours ago, Stevesixty7 said:

Going to the local petrol station to find the tanker there, that really grinds my gears.

On Tuesday before I went uni I took the ice off my car which took 20 minutes. I also had to put diesel in so went to the petrol station and when I put the key in the fuel cap to open it, it was frozen shut so quickly went back home put warm water over and in the cap and luckily it opened easily so quickly went back to the petrol station and put diesel. I left 20 minutes later than I would normally leave to get to uni. Luckily though got there on time 

20 minutes to de-ice a Fiesta, did you de-ice the bodywork as well lol?  I thought it was bad the Focus taking 5 minutes on Tuesday, first time I've ever had to use the front heated screen twice in a row lol.  I did almost fail badly though, looked like fluffy, light snow on the rear window so I switched the wiper on...but as it was still in minus temps the 'light' snow just compacted together and the wiper stopped completely in the middle of the screen! :blush:  Fortunately, the wiper started again after I removed the snow, thought it would have just snapped the plastic arm or burnt the motor out lol.

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

20 minutes to de-ice a Fiesta, did you de-ice the bodywork as well lol?  I thought it was bad the Focus taking 5 minutes on Tuesday, first time I've ever had to use the front heated screen twice in a row lol.  I did almost fail badly though, looked like fluffy, light snow on the rear window so I switched the wiper on...but as it was still in minus temps the 'light' snow just compacted together and the wiper stopped completely in the middle of the screen! :blush:  Fortunately, the wiper started again after I removed the snow, thought it would have just snapped the plastic arm or burnt the motor out lol.

When it snowed on Sunday I didn't drive since till Tuesday so the snow that was on it builded up and became hard ice. I first used de icer, switched the rear and front heated screen on (even though one filament is working on the front screen) then dad came and poured warm water over the glass which helped remove the condensation and ice. Then had to make a trip back home to pour warm water over the water fuel filler cap as it was frozen shut. 

• Like 1

When your rear wiper jet is no longer a jet just like a dribble that runs down the rear window,should it spray like the front.

Nice dirty rear window.

On 14/12/2017 at 6:18 PM, Tdci-Peter said:

eBay is your friend - a set of  four for  a few quid - invaluable for disassembling trim including those pesky fir tree clips!

• Like 1

2 moans..........When you get a screen protector for phone these thick ones and makes touch that bit more harder as have to press that bit harder.

Takes ages to spell a text as you hit wrong letters and tries to put a stupid word in that makes no sense,not that up on Android keyboard coming from iPhone.

And so called Samsung charger,got all label etc but phone gets red hot so in the bin,i know they get hot on charge but the back was hot....Copy/clone must me.

8 hours ago, jace1969 said:

2 moans..........When you get a screen protector for phone these thick ones and makes touch that bit more harder as have to press that bit harder.

Takes ages to spell a text as you hit wrong letters and tries to put a stupid word in that makes no sense,not that up on Android keyboard coming from iphone.

And so called Samsung charger,got all label etc but phone gets red hot so in the bin,i know they get hot on charge but the back was hot....Copy/clone must me.

Lol my screen protector doesn't cover the entire screen on my phone which makes it hard sometimes trying to press a tab which is on the edge of the screen 

I haven't bothered with a screen protector on my current phone...  Nearly 2 years old now and still fine.  

I just keep it in a separate pocket to keys and put it face up on tables.  Don't need the annoyance of a screen protector lol. :smile:

On 19/12/2017 at 4:50 PM, TomsFocus said:

I haven't bothered with a screen protector on my current phone...  Nearly 2 years old now and still fine.  

I just keep it in a separate pocket to keys and put it face up on tables.  Don't need the annoyance of a screen protector lol. :smile:

Exactly, and those small air bubbles are impossible to iron out and annoy me to no end lol

• Like 1

I use gel cases, do the trick without bulk.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On 12/20/2017 at 9:05 PM, Incontro said:

Exactly, and those small air bubbles are impossible to iron out and annoy me to no end lol

Don't get the air bubbles on these thicker tempered glass ones it just drops into place just the other problem,it could well go as the Spigen case don't let

the face hit the screen but never face down anyway its just when in my pocket say summer and no coat so you have keys and change etc then phone.

Driving to work minding my own business, turn a right handed and *pop*. In my mirror see something rolling across the junction behind me, wheel nut size.

Unsafe to stop and car seemed to be handing fine so carried on the very short distance to work - have  popped a rear anti-roll bar link. Don't like the price though they're nearly £20 each from all the local motor factors!

I like that the Post Office Money have finally responded to my complaint regarding the paperless billing promotion and are offering me £40 (£5 offer + £35 goodwill).

I don't like that they have referred to a pre-paid envelope to post back the acceptance form but haven't included one.

3 minutes ago, Turvey said:

'nuff said!!! :wallbash: :rolleyes:

IMG_20171226_140936703.jpg

Hate when that happens. I have one which I bought from the natural history museum and I just keep it somewhere where nobody would see it

dont like thay when i do search on my tablet for various stuff, the same items or websites are showing up on my partners facebook time lines for her to see. not hiding anything from her, boring stuff really but its creepy hos it happens,we only joked yesterday as a dyson vacuum cleaner i was looking for popped up on her time line. then this afternoon it happened multiple times. every villa i looked at on click stay.com showed up. 

i havent got facebook, or any shared acounts , google, hotmail etc. dont email her, 

all a bit strange. anyone know why its hapoening? 

don't like having the flu on the first day back at work...

anyone else down with the flu at the moment?

On 1/1/2018 at 7:38 PM, iantt said:

all a bit strange. anyone know why its hapoening? 

Ad tracking cookies, and IP addresses.

If you're browsing on the same internet connection they will associate you both with the same IP - if she has ever logged into anything on your browser then she may be associated with your computer too. It's quite scary really! You can opt out of tracking cookies here:

http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices

• Like 1