Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

On 1/15/2018 at 3:53 PM, iantt said:

I've never had a good experience when shopping at Currys/carphonewarehouse. Every time there's been an issue.

Yes mate spot on,i have always had some problem and Team knowhow is Team Dontknow when.

I was a bit mad when it went off 100% as i always look after stuff like clean screen etc and i get a nice 1inch mark on the top frame,black marker done most but

not good.

I don't like how a range rover overtook me on a blind hill well in excess of 40 MPH, when I was already doing 30 in a 30 zone. He overtook a few more cars in front of me too, and then soon left his hazards flashing while driving the rest of the way, again driving too fast (above the speed limit). While driving past me, I tried to take a close look, and saw a passenger pointing at the road, presumably giving directions.

I flashed him, but it made me wonder whether there was some kind of medical emergency going on or something. Still, I did worry that he was going to recklessly cause an accident!

dashcam video available if anyone wants.

15 hours ago, Incontro said:

I don't like how a range rover overtook me on a blind hill well in excess of 40 MPH, when I was already doing 30 in a 30 zone. He overtook a few more cars in front of me too, and then soon left his hazards flashing while driving the rest of the way, again driving too fast (above the speed limit). While driving past me, I tried to take a close look, and saw a passenger pointing at the road, presumably giving directions.

I flashed him, but it made me wonder whether there was some kind of medical emergency going on or something. Still, I did worry that he was going to recklessly cause an accident!

Dashcam video available if anyone wants.

Sometimes you can't always assume someone drives like a knob because they feel like it (or are mentally deranged) but like you said could of been a medical emergency. A lot of us just assumes when someone driving fast, weeving through traffic, and overtaking is some boy racer. 

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

Sometimes you can't always assume someone drives like a knob because they feel like it (or are mentally deranged) but like you said could of been a medical emergency. A lot of us just assumes when someone driving fast, weeving through traffic, and overtaking is some boy racer. 

Come on mate. I don't have any issue with people safely overtaking, but overtaking at above 40 in a 30 zone whilst going up a blind hill is just sheer stupidity. What if a loved one had been driving in the other direction? Would have been a full head-on, the two-and-a-half tonne range rover driver would have totalled your loved one's car, and possibly even killed them.

1 hour ago, Incontro said:

Come on mate. I don't have any issue with people safely overtaking, but overtaking at above 40 in a 30 zone whilst going up a blind hill is just sheer stupidity. What if a loved one had been driving in the other direction? Would have been a full head-on, the two-and-a-half tonne range rover driver would have totalled your loved one's car, and possibly even killed them.

Sorry I hope I didn't come across as having a go at you. Just worries me when hearing about motor accidents. Heard one of my family friends passed away from a motorcycle accident. Another family friend passed away from a car accident. Both around 17-18. Was on a B road with he's friends and something happened where he went head on to another car. All he's friends survived but he didn't. 

Best to be careful when driving. Lol I never think of overtaking someone unless it's on a duel carriageway or motorway as you won't have that thought of someone trying to overtake you as opposed to being on a single lane road. Just last week I was in a 30mph road and came behind someone doing around 10-15mph. Was thinking of overtaking but thought what would happen if a car pulls out a side road etc so just hanged back. Soon after a prius driver had enough and just overtook us both🤣

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

Sorry I hope I didn't come across as having a go at you. Just worries me when hearing about motor accidents. Heard one of my family friends passed away from a motorcycle accident. Another family friend passed away from a car accident. Both around 17-18. Was on a B road with he's friends and something happened where he went head on to another car. All he's friends survived but he didn't. 

Best to be careful when driving. Lol I never think of overtaking someone unless it's on a duel carriageway or motorway as you won't have that thought of someone trying to overtake you as opposed to being on a single lane road. Just last week I was in a 30mph road and came behind someone doing around 10-15mph. Was thinking of overtaking but thought what would happen if a car pulls out a side road etc so just hanged back. Soon after a prius driver had enough and just overtook us both🤣

No worries mate, I didn't think you were having a go at me, seems like a simple misunderstanding. I'm not trying to be righteous either, as I admittedly wasn't exactly a saint when I first started driving. But smartened up a long time ago. Stay safe out there. :thumbs_up:

• Like 1

When you have fingerprint I.d on and wash your hands so many times you skin peels and don't recognise it.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2018 at 5:33 AM, jace1969 said:

When you have fingerprint I.d on and wash your hands so many times you skin peels and don't recognise it.

😀 sorry I shouldn't laugh but it is funny 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lenny said:

😀 sorry I shouldn't laugh but it is funny 

Laugh away as i did,its a pain as i look after a person 24/7 my hands are being washed stupid amount each day and the skin peels a lot and cracked.

I put dam cream on and 2 hours later the cream is off as i have to wash them again,tried gloves but the amount i use,i have to deal with elderly people stuff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Laugh away as i did,its a pain as i look after a person 24/7 my hands are being washed stupid amount each day and the skin peels a lot and cracked.

I put dam cream on and 2 hours later the cream is off as i have to wash them again,tried gloves but the amount i use,i have to deal with elderly people stuff.

I have the same issue, though for a different reason.  I buy large tubs of aqueous cream from the supermarket and use it probably 5-10 times a day...  It helps a bit, if not they just crack and split open which is obviously painful bit also leaving them open to infection. :unsure:

16 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I have the same issue, though for a different reason.  I buy large tubs of aqueous cream from the supermarket and use it probably 5-10 times a day...  It helps a bit, if not they just crack and split open which is obviously painful bit also leaving them open to infection. :unsure:

yes mate i cant do a lot about it as i look after my dad and there are a nice few things i have to do every 2 hours area which must be as close as 100% infection free.

Noticed a small dent on the passenger door. Trying to remember now if it was there before. I always thought the car had 4 pin dents but now have to remember there's 5 dents. Keeps me wondering now if that was there before as I just hope no one hit it. Am wondering about getting them removed from a paintless repair. 

The temperature in my cabin is currently 24.5C

It's been around 19-20C for the last 6 weeks!  I wouldn't mind, but the ship is sat in Falmouth! Not the Caribbean or Gulf...

4 hours ago, iantt said:

thanking my self . lol

Yeah, I find about 2 in 3 replies get no response, usually to a new member just asking one question.

But everyone starts with just one post, and just sometimes I get a grateful reply or it develops into an interesting thread.

Though it can be even worse when, after a few replies, and it looks like the thread is getting somewhere, it just :rip:.

• Like 3

I don't post advice for praise or glory but sometimes a polite thank you goes a long way.

• Like 3

Why don't people use that stalk  that's only 1 inch behind the steering that tells other drivers what direction their going  😠   INDICATE 😣

• Like 2

People that can't seem to figure out how to turn their headlights on at night.
Last night I had to blue light 16 (yes sixteen) drivers for suitable words of advice.
3 of these were on an unlit 70mph A road.
[emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

People that can't seem to figure out how to turn their headlights on at night.
Last night I had to blue light 16 (yes sixteen) drivers for suitable words of advice.
3 of these were on an unlit 70mph A road.
emoji17.png

Whoa... Did you tell them they need to buy a Ford with auto lights? :tongue:

• Like 1

Tbf, most cars come with the option of auto lights these days lol, doesn't need to be a Ford...  

How do they manage it on an unlit road though?  Understandable in town where you have street lights and shop lights etc but not out of town!  The super moon wasn't that bright last night either! :laugh: 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Tbf, most cars come with the option of auto lights these days lol, doesn't need to be a Ford...  

How do they manage it on an unlit road though?  Understandable in town where you have street lights and shop lights etc but not out of town!  The super moon wasn't that bright last night either! :laugh: 

Does depend on traffic too, I've followed someone out of town on to an unlit country road in a queue of traffic and was tooting and flashing them till they turned their lights on.

Back when I started to drive I'd forget to put the main lights on. I remember installing 6000k LEDs for the sidelights which made me have them on just about all the time. The sidelights on that car lit up the whole reflector housing so would be noticeable however it's not really that bright in the dark to alert other drivers. 

Do bus lane cameras get you if you turn into them just at the end of the bus lane? Today I was on a road with 2 lanes, left side is the bus lane and right is the normal lane. Just at the end of the bus lane I turned into it and stopped just at the end of it where it ends at a set of lights. I'm just worried I don't get a ticket. The stress you get from driving 😭

If the bus lane runs right up to the lights then you will have been caught.
Even if not and you crossed the solid white line then expect a fpn.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club