Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

The bus lane doesn't go all the way to the lights but ends about 6 car lengths away. 

The bus lane doesn't go all the way to the lights but ends about 6 car lengths away. 
Did your wheels touch the white line?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

People that can't seem to figure out how to turn their headlights on at night.
Last night I had to blue light 16 (yes sixteen) drivers for suitable words of advice.
3 of these were on an unlit 70mph A road.
emoji17.png

You'd have a veritable field day up here!!! :rolleyes:

8-9am 'rush' hour, OK, so you may be able to see where you're going but other drivers may need to see you! Do you think that they think they're saving fuel, hence money, by not putting their lights on? 

9 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Yeah but I have seen people cross into the bus lane at the very end where that part of the road is suitable for all cars to go in. Need to check the time restrictions as I did see a few cars parked on the bus lane. 

14 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Just went through Google maps to check the bus lane times. I was there around 2:20 so hopefully I'm alright 😀

_20180202_110608.JPG

• Like 1

Urgh, timed bus lanes...  What's the point?  The time you want them clear for easier traffic flow is rush hour when they're in service lol.

I don't like the rain this afternoon after the forecast said it would be dry...  Had planned to clean up the Mk2 to get it advertised but looks like I'll have an empty, wet afternoon to fill now. :unsure: 

• Like 1

I've been waiting since Monday evening to post this,

I hadn't post it any earlier mainly due to work, I had the time to post about it Monday evening but the bad news had just arrived at that point and I was too annoyed to discuss it 😅 I'll now explain: 

I'm currently in a long process of improving the house, and I was In search for some tv brackets for the bedroom walls that tilt and swivel,

I started off by searching on Pinterest and found these brackets designed by Porsche. they sink in to a partition wall concealing the bracket and cables from view fits a television 26-32".

INW-200_LARGE_zpsrno1mnqf.jpg.5fd9bc50d78bf0529bb8fcfbc50db8d9.jpg

INW-200_OLINE_zpsdl6pzapw.jpg.15b06311f842345644c34e8ad7ad87b2.jpg

I done some digging on the web and found there manufactured by a company called Vivomounts and here is there website in the UK: http://www.vivomounts.com/porsche_design_100_flush_reinforced_dual_arm_lcd__plasma_wall_mount_box_and_bracket_up_to_37.asp 

The website shows there "out of stock" so I done some further searching and found them on eBay for sale, they were 75.00 each at the time last Friday night I purchased two I was delighted to have found them and excited to have the installation looking so good seamless.

I then recieved an email on the following Monday evening from the eBay seller whom is actually the Vivomounts company with the website but selling on eBay,

Anyways; they emailed to say the stock was damaged and they sent me a full refund ☹

They then increased the selling price up to 200 pounds each and the ebay listing says theres more than 10 available in stock.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swing-Arm-LCD-TV-Wall-Mount-Bracket-Enclosure-26-32-/330364438140 

I then purchased two for 200 pounds each and they refund me again Tuesday telling me the item was out of stock and they recommended I purchase my television mounts from an alternative supplier.

But there not available anywhere else and they are the creater of the item very disappointed indeed. 

58 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I've been waiting since Monday evening to post this,

I hadn't post it any earlier mainly due to work, I had the time to post about it Monday evening but the bad news had just arrived at that point and I was too annoyed to discuss it 😅 I'll now explain: 

I'm currently in a long process of improving the house, and I was In search for some tv brackets for the bedroom walls that tilt and swivel,

I started off by searching on Pinterest and found these brackets designed by Porsche. they sink in to a partition wall concealing the bracket and cables from view fits a television 26-32".

INW-200_LARGE_zpsrno1mnqf.jpg.5fd9bc50d78bf0529bb8fcfbc50db8d9.jpg

INW-200_OLINE_zpsdl6pzapw.jpg.15b06311f842345644c34e8ad7ad87b2.jpg

I done some digging on the web and found there manufactured by a company called Vivomounts and here is there website in the UK: http://www.vivomounts.com/porsche_design_100_flush_reinforced_dual_arm_lcd__plasma_wall_mount_box_and_bracket_up_to_37.asp 

The website shows there "out of stock" so I done some further searching and found them on ebay for sale, they were 75.00 each at the time last Friday night I purchased two I was delighted to have found them and excited to have the installation looking so good seamless.

I then recieved an email on the following Monday evening from the ebay seller whom is actually the Vivomounts company with the website but selling on ebay,

Anyways; they emailed to say the stock was damaged and they sent me a full refund ☹

They then increased the selling price up to 200 pounds each and the ebay listing says theres more than 10 available in stock.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swing-Arm-LCD-TV-Wall-Mount-Bracket-Enclosure-26-32-/330364438140 

I then purchased two for 200 pounds each and they refund me again Tuesday telling me the item was out of stock and they recommended I purchase my television mounts from an alternative supplier.

But there not available anywhere else and they are the creater of the item very disappointed indeed. 

I find it strange for them to say its been damaged and they increased the price. Isn't it better just to get a normal wall bracket? Here's just an example in my parents room. In the living room there's a 65 inch TV with the same wall brackets. 

15175985568401425007630.jpg

I don't like going into work in a good mood(its F off friday) and within one hour, being put into a bad one.  Everyone is so miserable at work, it's like christ work is hard enough as it is without you all walking around with a face like a slapped backside.  

Dont like the signs of DPF Regen as i'm pulling up the drive at 23:43 last night. Christ it picks its moments.

23 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I find it strange for them to say its been damaged and they increased the price. Isn't it better just to get a normal wall bracket? Here's just an example in my parents room. In the living room there's a 65 inch TV with the same wall brackets. 

15175985568401425007630.jpg

It's disappointing to say in this generation mate but some people still don't like shipping to Ireland which in this case seems to be the only real reason despite me paying the same money aswell as extra shipping they just don' want me to have it, 

I encountered this issue before with a celsi LED electric fire but I found an alternative supplier that was happy to sell to me.

Anyways back on topic; I've had to purchase two tilt and swivel brackets instead of the integrated type, ill have a big progress update in the coming weeks 

27 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

I don't like going into work in a good mood(its F off friday) and within one hour, being put into a bad one.  Everyone is so miserable at work, it's like christ work is hard enough as it is without you all walking around with a face like a slapped backside.  

Some people are always miserable particularly after Christmas when it' payday but the credit card bill and mortgage are due aswell. 

17 minutes ago, volts said:

Dont like the signs of DPF Regen as i'm pulling up the drive at 23:43 last night. Christ it picks its moments.

Perhaps take it for a 30 minute drive in 4th gear after the engine has reached its operating temperature 

On 02/02/2018 at 7:43 PM, Lenny said:

Perhaps take it for a 30 minute drive in 4th gear after the engine has reached its operating temperature 

Quite. not as if i haven't been on a 40 mile drive to Manchester earlier in the week, Do it then....

Mysterious grey box appeared on a lampost few doors down Not to dissimilar to attached (without padlocks). Ideas??? image.png.7ce61a2033b2cc6753a9df8df31504bf.png

It's a traffic counter.

• Thanks 1

I don't like big companies being unable to provide accurate timescales or information.

Two examples BT, I have no idea when I'll be able to get FTTC broadband despite the cabinet being fitted and connected to power. 

And Ford couldn't be any more vague over when the Fiesta ST is going to be available to order, let alone delivered...

I can be patient when I have a timescale to work with, but it's the not knowing that frustrates me. 

• Like 3

I hate when im always the last to have anything delivered.

amazon..........8 start 8 finish (9 sometimes) my delivery after 7.

Other firms that work until 5 i always get around 4 or after.

On 2/4/2018 at 11:44 PM, alexp999 said:

I don't like big companies being unable to provide accurate timescales or information.

Two examples BT, I have no idea when I'll be able to get FTTC broadband despite the cabinet being fitted and connected to power. 

And Ford couldn't be any more vague over when the Fiesta ST is going to be available to order, let alone delivered...

I can be patient when I have a timescale to work with, but it's the not knowing that frustrates me. 

I agree completely.

I find it just as annoying when they outright lie to you about the dates knowing that there isn't anything you can do other than phone up again if they are wrong!!

I don't like that after nearly 2.5 years of ownership my Focus ST has finally succumbed to the googley-eyed headlight issue. :wallbash:

I hate this so much,Amazon and there stupid.....stupid packing as i was out and put on door just post into box but come on a S.D card the size of your

thumb nail in a box bigger than a shoe box,good job i caught him going up the path,a jiffy bag with amazon on or small flat pack.

20180206_165534.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Coming back to my car and seeing a car parked close in front of me. Just makes me worried wherever they might of tapped the car. They didn't park properly also as the wheels were far from the kurb so they must of struggled parking in the space. Honestly if there's no place close to where your going just park further. I had a good look at the front but can't really see any mark so hopefully they didn't touch or scrape it

11 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I hate this so much,Amazon and there stupid.....stupid packing as i was out and put on door just post into box but come on a S.D card the size of your

thumb nail in a box bigger than a shoe box,good job i caught him going up the path,a jiffy bag with Amazon on or small flat pack.

20180206_165534.jpg

🤣 I had a similar experience with a shipping company this week, 

I'm in Ireland and when shopping on ebay; alot of sellers like to charge loads for shipping across to Ireland, others don't like the Irish and won't ship atall.

So I use a company called parcelmotel to recieve my Purchase's then collect the parcel from my local storage locker using a QR code on my phone this way I qualify for free UK shipping and I pay parcelmotel €4 per delivery for anything under 10kg and around the size of a shoe box.

My purchase this time was a small flat to wall style TV bracket, it's no bigger than an A4 page yet they have shipped it to me in the biggest box they could possibly find.

20180207_013258.jpg.2a4a04407df9ff676635b9075ee3b00a.jpg

This package size wouldn't be an issue if it was being sent directly to me but it's an expensive issue when I'm being billed €22 because it won't fit in the cabinet it's "oversized" 

Overall i made a mistake when purchasing this item because i was shopping on eBayUK i assumed the seller was in the uk or somewhere other than ireland because shipping was stated as FREE 

Turns out; the seller is actually from Ireland and selling on eBayUK so I could have recieved the bracket without using parcelmotel atall 😭

The seller shipped from ireland to thd uk for md to then recieve it back in to ireland again if I had researched prior to purchase I would have now saved myself €22 in shipping fees.

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

🤣 I had a similar experience with a shipping company this week, 

I'm in Ireland and when shopping on ebay; a ot of sellers like to charge loads for shipping across to Ireland, others don't like the Irish and won't ship atall.

So I use a company called parcelmotel to recieve my Purchase's then collect the parcel from my local storage locker using a QR code on my phone this way I qualify for free UK shipping and I pay parcelmotel €4 per delivery for anything under 10kg and around the size of a shoe box.

My purchase this time was a small flat to wall style TV bracket, it's no bigger than an A4 page yet they have shipped it to me in the biggest box they could possibly find.

20180207_013258.jpg.2a4a04407df9ff676635b9075ee3b00a.jpg

This package size wouldn't be an issue if it was being sent directly to me but it's an expensive issue when I'm being billed €22 because it won't fit in the cabinet it's "oversized" 

Overall i made a mistake when purchasing this item because i was shopping on eBayUK i assumed the seller was in the uk or somewhere other than ireland because shipping was stated as FREE 

Turns out; the seller is actually from Ireland and selling on eBayUK so I could have recieved the bracket without using parcelmotel atall 😭

The seller shipped from ireland to thd uk for md to then recieve it back in to ireland again if I had researched prior to purchase I would have now saved myself €22 in shipping fees.

Its made,they tell us to cut back on packing as they say then less waist ''save the environment'' etc.etc. and you get this.

The thing is the one before was posted as it says on the old purchases.

I aint got a clue if a e-mail address is anywhere for amazon to complain,its not the product it i would of missed him for a item that can be posted.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I aint got a clue if a e-mail address is anywhere for Amazon to complain,its not the product it i would of missed him for a item that can be posted.

You can click "Leave Packaging Feedback" on your Orders, otherwise click contact at the bottom of the page, go through the options and itll let you phone or chat to someone.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Micro said:

You can click "Leave Packaging Feedback" on your Orders, otherwise click contact at the bottom of the page, go through the options and itll let you phone or chat to someone.

IMG_-dami0u.thumb.jpg.1d79d8d94eeb2a3c15894f83f9196121.jpg😂

Just now, Lenny said:

😂

Oh my. Someone somewhere had a theory that it helps keep packages aligned in the vans... yeah right.

I ordered some sockets from amazon but got the wrong ones - they sent them in a box about that size. So I proved a point and returned them in one of their standard DVD size packets...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club