Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Three I don't likes today:

1) a planned trip to the garage for 2 new tyres turns into 3 new tyres as I picked up a screw in the drivers rear tyre :sad:. Additional £80 gone in a flash.

2) after getting the new tyres fitted and driving to the local Ford dealership (to discuss options after my PCP runs out in April), my drivers side wing mirror was knocked off by a flatbed refuse lorry who pulled out to pass two parked vehicles (on their side of the road) and ended up overrunning the centre white lines :wallbash:.

Although the out casing was knocked off, the internal motor, clips/fittings and bulb were undamaged. Got to the Ford dealer (2 minutes up the road) who put everything back together. Slight scuff mark on the outer casing but several cracks and minor damage to the plastic fitting housing the bulb.

All recorded on dash cam and claim logged with the other parties insurance company. Notified my own insurance but explicitly stated that I am not making any claim through my own policy. My own policy is up for renewal 12th March so also made sure that I didn't need to declare anything for renewal.

3) after I had finished talking with the Ford dealer, I get back in the car and get a low key battery warning. As I was at the dealership, I popped back in and they replaced the battery for free.

21 minutes ago, Zico said:

Three I don't likes today:

1) a planned trip to the garage for 2 new tyres turns into 3 new tyres as I picked up a screw in the drivers rear tyre :sad:. Additional £80 gone in a flash.

2) after getting the new tyres fitted and driving to the local Ford dealership (to discuss options after my PCP runs out in April), my drivers side wing mirror was knocked off by a flatbed refuse lorry who pulled out to pass two parked vehicles (on their side of the road) and ended up overrunning the centre white lines :wallbash:.

Although the out casing was knocked off, the internal motor, clips/fittings and bulb were undamaged. Got to the Ford dealer (2 minutes up the road) who put everything back together. Slight scuff mark on the outer casing but several cracks and minor damage to the plastic fitting housing the bulb.

All recorded on dash cam and claim logged with the other parties insurance company. Notified my own insurance but explicitly stated that I am not making any claim through my own policy. My own policy is up for renewal 12th March so also made sure that I didn't need to declare anything for renewal.

3) after I had finished talking with the Ford dealer, I get back in the car and get a low key battery warning. As I was at the dealership, I popped back in and they replaced the battery for free.

Good thing you have your dash cam. Still don't know whever to check footage at the time I came to the car and saw a car parked close to the front 😤

6 hours ago, Zico said:

so also made sure that I didn't need to declare anything for renewal.

You may still need to. It's still a claim, ask your new insurance company if you change. If you stay, they'll amend it fr you.

What's not to like about 3)?

"Ford" and "free" do not usually appear in the same sentence. 

Unless "from liability" is also there, of course....

On 06/02/2018 at 5:33 PM, jace1969 said:

I hate this so much,Amazon and there stupid.....stupid packing as i was out and put on door just post into box but come on a S.D card the size of your

thumb nail in a box bigger than a shoe box,good job i caught him going up the path,a jiffy bag with Amazon on or small flat pack.

20180206_165534.jpg

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/5544898/amazon-customer-massive-box-cardboard-belt/amp/#ampshare=https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5544898/amazon-customer-massive-box-cardboard-belt/

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 4:37 AM, Micro said:

You may still need to. It's still a claim, ask your new insurance company if you change. If you stay, they'll amend it fr you.

I renewed through Aviva the day after I notified them (the operator I spoke with during the notification said that I didn't need to do anything - she even checked before confirming this).

Last night, a few hours after I had renewed my policy, I logged back in to get the documents and it's now listing a 'at fault' claim :angry:!! I can't speak with them now until Monday.

17 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

What's not to like about 3)?

"Ford" and "free" do not usually appear in the same sentence. 

Unless "from liability" is also there, of course....

It was more the flat battery warning happening all on the same day rather than the free replacement that the dealer gave me.

On 06/02/2018 at 11:20 AM, alexp999 said:

I don't like that after nearly 2.5 years of ownership my Focus ST has finally succumbed to the googley-eyed headlight issue. :wallbash:

Now what the heck is that???

Never mind found it Dam right dangerous

That's the Titanium, happened whilst out on a delivery going over a speed bump.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Speed bumps are annoying especially when you have stiff suspension and a low ride. I'd have to slow down to about 15mph (depending on the bump) and occasionally might get people who come up right behind you. Good thing though a lot of people understand why your slowing down. 

Yeah I hate speed bumps, especially the ones on the new builds round here. Probably doesn't help that I hit a pothole last night too.

2 hours ago, hywelkidd said:

Yeah I hate speed bumps, especially the ones on the new builds round here. Probably doesn't help that I hit a pothole last night too.

Yeah potholes are another thing. Hate it when you hear a bang if you quickly go over one or go over a deep one. I really hope I don't burst a tire. 

Speed bumps really are crap tbh, they break cars and slow down the emergency services...  I bet fitting a camera (even switched off) in the same area would make people slow down just as much without any of the downsides...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

Speed bumps are annoying especially when you have stiff suspension and a low ride. I'd have to slow down to about 15mph (depending on the bump) and occasionally might get people who come up right behind you. Good thing though a lot of people understand why your slowing down. 

Have you changed your springs to lowered ones? Which ones have you used, a pal of mine was looking at some 45mm lowering springs for his car but I’m not sure he would get away with them.

44 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Have you changed your springs to lowered ones? Which ones have you used, a pal of mine was looking at some 45mm lowering springs for his car but I’m not sure he would get away with them.

I have the standard ZS suspension set up. They are stiffer and I think slightly lower compared to the standard fiestas

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Speed bumps really are crap tbh, they break cars and slow down the emergency services...  I bet fitting a camera (even switched off) in the same area would make people slow down just as much without any of the downsides...

Speed cameras give me anxiety. Just yesterday when I was going to the fish shop and had to go down a dual carriage which I'm not used to going down. I just sticked to the speed limit and getting so many people overtake me. There was a point where I saw that yellow sign for the speed camera but did not see no camera or markings for it. Could of gone a little faster but didn't want to risk it. 

I know what you mean, everything in life gives me anxiety lol...  That's a separate don't like for the thread... :laugh:

Speed humps are in areas where you should already be driving slowly/carefully like past schools though.  So putting cameras there would be ok, it's not like the dual carriageway where there is a fairly low risk of hazards and varying speed limits to catch you out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hywelkidd said:

you still using it or abandoned it at work? 

you still using it or abandoned it at work? 
Abandoned it at work for now. Problem is I haven't got the money to fix it right now (thanks to everyone's hours being cut).

I don't like what I'm seeing while sat in the dark in my car in a darkly light industrial estate while waiting for my step daughters guitar lessons. 2 guys walked to car in front of me , opened passenger door and got what I hope is replica gun out and showed other man, waved it around then hid it under passengers seat from what I can see. 

Hope it's not the real deal! 

They didn't see me in the dark. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club