Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

no dash cam unfortunatly, i didnt think to take the reg number . picked up step daughter, drove back home 10 miles. im wondering if he was at same recording studios . theres nothing else going on down that estate. 

I would have been on the phone calling it in immediately then driving off calmly to a safe distance.
Then again that's what I'm paid to do.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

my partner has just returned home and told her. she normally takes step daughter to guitar lessons on that estate. i described the person to her and she had seen him there before. 

Coming to my car to then see a highway maintenance van park really close to the front 😤. Took me 2 minutes to get out the space but I'm more worried if they might of tapped the car. I had a look at the front and saw a mark on the number plate however don't know if that was there before. 

Being on the M5 between Bristol and Taunton, overtaking in lane three and having some total bellpiece flying up behind me in a vauxhall Insignia then getting arsey because I didn't instantly move out of his way.

The fact that I was at the national limit and the other two lanes were full therefore having no place to pull in to let this complete tool go past plus his aggressive style of driving really peeved me.

I also had my wife in the car and she gets twitchy at any speeds over the limits so I was doubly not impressed.

Unfortunately I haven't got around to refitting my dashcam yet so no evidentiary video or details.

As soon as I had even the slightest space to pull over, this div decided to undertake me in lane two, fly in front of me and proceed to weave and brake test me.

The universal cupped hand signal was applied out of his window and much waving of hands was seen.

He then shot into lane one and left at the next junction.

If he was intending on going off at this junction in the first place why act like such a moron?

If I myself were planning on leaving at this exit then I would have already been in lane one well before he decided to climb in my boot.

Big satisfaction of all this was that I just happen to have the contact number for direct access to the Avon & Somerset control room on my phone (I do occasional official visits and support duties with them) and after passing his VRN to them and details of the event / offences I have received a courtesy call from their duty Inspector to inform me that they have found the driver and as he was reported by a fellow Officer (therefore the intelligence is considered as accurate and actionable) he has been issued with a NIP for dangerous driving and road rage, he couldn't be tagged for speeding as I have no calibrated ability to access his speed in comparison to mine (although I know 100% that he was exceeding the national limit by some considerable amount to appear from nowhere behind me so suddenly).

I had a celebratory tab and a can of Red Bull at Taunton Deane services and the wife had a strong coffee to calm her nerves (she doesn't do this sort of thing daily unlike me).

Karma is a female dog :wink:

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Being on the M5 between Bristol and Taunton, overtaking in lane three and having some total bellpiece flying up behind me in a vauxhall Insignia then getting arsey because I didn't instantly move out of his way.

The fact that I was at the national limit and the other two lanes were full therefore having no place to pull in to let this complete tool go past plus his aggressive style of driving really peeved me.

I also had my wife in the car and she gets twitchy at any speeds over the limits so I was doubly not impressed.

Unfortunately I haven't got around to refitting my dashcam yet so no evidentiary video or details.

As soon as I had even the slightest space to pull over, this div decided to undertake me in lane two, fly in front of me and proceed to weave and brake test me.

The universal cupped hand signal was applied out of his window and much waving of hands was seen.

He then shot into lane one and left at the next junction.

If he was intending on going off at this junction in the first place why act like such a moron?

If I myself were planning on leaving at this exit then I would have already been in lane one well before he decided to climb in my boot.

Big satisfaction of all this was that I just happen to have the contact number for direct access to the Avon & Somerset control room on my phone (I do occasional official visits and support duties with them) and after passing his VRN to them and details of the event / offences I have received a courtesy call from their duty Inspector to inform me that they have found the driver and as he was reported by a fellow Officer (therefore the intelligence is considered as accurate and actionable) he has been issued with a NIP for dangerous driving and road rage, he couldn't be tagged for speeding as I have no calibrated ability to access his speed in comparison to mine (although I know 100% that he was exceeding the national limit by some considerable amount to appear from nowhere behind me so suddenly).

I had a celebratory tab and a can of Red Bull at Taunton Deane services and the wife had a strong coffee to calm her nerves (she doesn't do this sort of thing daily unlike me).

Karma is a female dog :wink:

That's good you reported them. I honestly hate people who get too comfortable driving and start to intimidate other road users. Just a few days ago I was on a busy main road with a lot of traffic and some guy in his vauxhall astra went on the middle of the road which had markings to go right but he then indicated back in the lane just to pass a few cars. If only I saw him I'd just move a bit more forward. There was a zebra crossing there so he had to go in the lane to proceed forward. He had a big dent on his boot so took pity on that 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

... overtaking in lane three and having some total bellpiece flying up behind me in a vauxhall Insignia then getting arsey because I didn't instantly move out of his way.

Absolutely love that adjective, sums up the right lane ton topping twats beautifully!

• Like 1

Unlike many people I am not inclined to be intimidated by lane bullies.
Pity I wasn't in my work car, a show of covert blue lights from an unmarked silver ST estate tends to cause an amazing and sudden change of attitude.
Provida speed data, ANPR and full front & rear recorded video is handy too. [emoji41].

• Like 2

I don't like the Qashqai going into limp mode last night! Going to my mechanic mate for an oil change and booted it up a hill to get the oil warm. Fault code led to turbo fault! 

Did an Italian tuneup today and *fingers crossed* and it seems to be OK for now. Away to Inverness next week so will get a good clear out. 

5 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like the Qashqai going into limp mode last night! Going to my mechanic mate for an oil change and booted it up a hill to get the oil warm. Fault code led to turbo fault! 

Did an Italian tuneup today and *fingers crossed* and it seems to be OK for now. Away to Inverness next week so will get a good clear out. 

Could have just stopped at "I don't like the Qashqai"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Could have just stopped at "I don't like the Qashqai"

Yeah, not the most inspiring or exciting of vehicles but it's comfy, the driving position is OK (better than the Focus) it holds us all and our luggage when we go away, it's more economical than the Focus and, up to now anyway, reliable. 

apart from the crappy renault engine the qashqai is well screwed together. 

I've been in a quashqai before which had a 1.6 petrol engine. It was really gutless in underpowered. If I was getting that car I'd opd for a diesel engine. 

Ours is the 1.5 diesel and up to now has been faultless. For a small engine compared to the size of car there is quite enough pull in it and economical as well. 

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

Ours is the 1.5 diesel and up to now has been faultless. For a small engine compared to the size of car there is quite enough pull in it and economical as well. 

A diesel engine is perfect for the quashqai. All that torque just moves that weight with ease. Don't know what's going to happen with people or parents with heavy diesel family cars in London in a few years. 

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

Don't know what's going to happen with people or parents with heavy diesel family cars in London in a few years. 

If they've any sense they'll be selling up for a small petrol or hybrid. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Turvey said:

If they've any sense they'll be selling up for a small petrol or hybrid. 

Problem is you need a newer car which is just a few years old for it not to be part of the charge. Me, dad and others think it's just the government making money if they extend the charge from within the north circular. 

The scapage scheme isn't really helpful. Yes you get £2000 from your car but you'll need about an extra £4000-8000 to get a nice environmently friendly car. Not everyone has that sort of money. I don't know what I'll do if the charge area extends. I might go back to my previous car but then again need to see what cars get charged. I'm planning on getting a mk5 golf gt sport 2.0 diesel in a few years but have to see.  

On 21/02/2018 at 11:05 AM, Stoney871 said:

Unlike many people I am not inclined to be intimidated by lane bullies.
Pity I wasn't in my work car, a show of covert blue lights from an unmarked silver ST estate tends to cause an amazing and sudden change of attitude.
Provida speed data, ANPR and full front & rear recorded video is handy too. emoji41.png.

Yes it was amazing how much rear breathing room could be achieved by casually draping my stepdads fluorescent police jacket over the back of the passenger seat. 

People suddenly seemed to remember they'd left the iron on....

TIDL: accidentally dropping a blob of solder into the electronics of a customer's £20k Bradford Electronic Organ. Stupid stupid careless rookie mistake, but that's what happens when you have baby-induced sleep deprivation.

Other problem is he's a friend who knows I've come out of the trade and that I no longer have PLI to cover me.

Other other problem is that Bradford Organs were bought out many moons ago and the technology is now obsolete.

Small ray of hope is the phone number of a chap who's had been repairing them for 30 years. Time for a phone call on Monday.

Worst Friday afternoon ever....

• Sad 1

On 2/24/2018 at 5:41 PM, alexp999 said:

Microsoft Windows.

Any particular version or are you just blanketing all of them with hatrid?

I mean, you HAVE to put Vista above all others in the hateometer...

Indeed.

In order of declining towards total kak-

Win7

WinXP

Win95

Win98

Win3.1

Win2000

Win10

Win8/8.1

WinME

WinNT

WinVista

(Probably missed a couple somewhere).

Yhere is a lot of people that still prefer XP above all, probably as it was such a vastly different system to 3.1 and far more useable than 95/98.

Vista was a total mess that gummed up processors and bottomed out ram with all the background crap it used to run.

I prefwr to stick with 7 as it all went back downhill with 8 etc..

6 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Indeed.

In order of declining towards total kak-

Win7

WinXP

Win95

Win98

Win3.1

Win2000

Win10

Win8/8.1

WinME

WinNT

WinVista

(Probably missed a couple somewhere).

Yhere is a lot of people that still prefer XP above all, probably as it was such a vastly different system to 3.1 and far more useable than 95/98.

Vista was a total mess that gummed up processors and bottomed out ram with all the background crap it used to run.

I prefwr to stick with 7 as it all went back downhill with 8 etc..

I nearly 100% agree with your list, only changing it by moving Windows 10 up 1 or 2 spots (yes I quite like Windows 10 now because of its Xbox cross play functions).

But yes, Win7 is by far my favourite to this date.

Still have a laptop with Vista on it! I occasionally check it for ***** and giggles... :tongue:

• Like 1

Blanket statement of all Windows really, once you know Linux they're all cack.

I've spent all weekend trying to fix my mum's win 10 laptop and it's in a worse state than when I started. It won't even reset itself, I'm going to have to wipe the storage and start fresh which I don't know if I can do as it's 32bit running in uefi mode.

Windows 10 was great but the last few editions have caused more issues and are so buggy. I have to try and get it working on all our work pcs too.

Even Ford knows how buggy it is scheduling daily reboots on Windows embedded based sync 2. I can't remember the last time I had to reboot my Linux based android phone.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club