Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

7 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I don't know if I can do as it's 32bit running in uefi mode.

Think win 10 is more compatible with this setup than previous windows. I know my tablet (Linx) is a pain to restore without the factory image as it is also 32-bit but UEFI boot (Windows 8).

Have to go out at around 7:30 in this absolutly cold time brrr 

1519713550644490173788.jpg

I don't like the snow killing my boots today...  Can't say I've ever seen soles disintegrate and separate like that! :unsure: Should've checked the manufacturers sole change interval lol.

IMG_20180228_162331216.thumb.jpg.556f26a9d48e94e543c40254775d06a7.jpg

That's hollow heels for you.
Too much twisting on rough ground / ice does that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

MYHERMES delivery is just shocking,ordered 2 parcels from same firm 2 days after each other,1 on Saturday and other Monday.

First they say i missed them and didn't and 24/7 cctv proves that and that no footprints in the snow to our door.

Delivered the second parcel i ordered ok but the parcel they said would be re-delivered never came..........weird

Online tracking says i have signed for the parcel i have come and didn't sign anything.

I did know a person who worked for these but said they are useless and the checks they do on there drivers is zero.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2018 at 9:43 PM, Stoney871 said:

That's hollow heels for you.
Too much twisting on rough ground / ice does that.

I tend to wear out the stitching on the left foot just behind the big toe joint - in every single pair of boots ive worn - and I have no idea how or why I manage it.

I usually split the left sole due to a lot of driving or wear the heels down from loads of walking.

42% increase in car insurance due this month !! its hardly suprising theres no loyalty to insurance companies nowadays, even my energy supplier is trying to stitch me up in a "new better deal" as my existing deal is about to expire soon. 

soon? end of june!! 

17 hours ago, iantt said:

42% increase in car insurance due this month !! its hardly suprising theres no loyalty to insurance companies nowadays, even my energy supplier is trying to stitch me up in a "new better deal" as my existing deal is about to expire soon. 

soon? end of june!! 

That car insurance rise is ridiculous!! Do you think its because of the time of year? Or just because they can...?

I had Three on the phone one day telling me that my 7 year old phone contract was soon to be discontinued and that I would have to upgrade... I didn't let them hang up until I got a deal where I was paying the same as before with the same benefits as before! Was a struggle though! I guess its not so easy with energy companies. 

my renewal is same time of year every year. more like because they can.

My renewal came through £70 more expensive with the standard mk3 than the mapped (and presumably more crashed) mk2.  Managed to haggle it back down to what it was last year, £450. :sad:  Hoping I can haggle the breakdown down to around £50 when that's due.

Not sure what's happening with the electric as I turned down a Smart Meter last year and they said they'd have to do it this year.  I'm currently on Economy 10 as it's all electric here, no gas, but the Smart Meters they were fitting were only single tariff.  I'd be much worse off with one financially, but also the heating and hot water is switched on and off by the E10 meter...I'd have to manually switch those on and off unless the landlord would pay to fit timers to each one.  I'm hoping they've made dual tariff Smart Meters now, even if it's only economy 7, but still waiting to hear from them...

Also just had an email saying my broadband is going up by a pound a month, admittedly not a huge increase but all adds up.  I've noticed the food bill going up as well, a few pence on each item.

Everything costs too much. :unsure: 

• Like 1

Waiting for somebody to come back online...

Chap on another forum has posted saying he's retiring and selling a load of kit I want, at a very good price.  He hasn't been online since about midday (according to his profile, about 10 minutes before I saw his post).  To top it off, his inbox is full and I don't have an email address for him :mellow:

It's kit for a new business venture my partner and I are undertaking...we have some kit, but this extra stuff would really give us a boost!

I don't like changing our daughters headlight bulb on her Fiesta yesterday. Somehow managed to break the top mounting bracket and the spare bulb I had was blown!!! 

Nowhere up here open on Sunday to get a new one so had to put it back together again for now. :wallbash:

On 3/4/2018 at 2:14 PM, iantt said:

my renewal is same time of year every year. more like because they can.

I more meant in terms of the weather. Since this year it has been particularly snowy, if you tried to take your custom elsewhere they would charge you an arm and a leg to get insurance during the snow. Right?

• Like 1

The look of the next android UI (code named Android P for now). :yucky:

What's the purpose of increasing insurance? I did hear on the radio something about young drivers I think having increased insurance premiums. Can't remember if they were mentioning that about the first year. Still I just hope it goes down rather than up

The look of the next android UI (code named Android P for now). :yucky:
I don't like the removal of system UI tuner

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I don't like all this stuff going on in the u.k with Russia.

Are we getting closer to yet another War type problem as tension is so high and now U.S.A./EU and UN are all coming into it with us.

Now i see there sending some of our people back,you could see that coming.

5 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I don't like all this stuff going on in the u.k with Russia.

Are we getting closer to yet another War type problem as tension is so high and now U.S.A./EU and UN are all coming into it with us.

Now i see there sending some of our people back,you could see that coming.

What about the death of Steven hawkings 😢

On 15/03/2018 at 10:51 AM, zain611 said:

What about the death of Steven hawkings 😢

Very very sad, great man, RIP. 

15 hours ago, Incontro said:

Very very sad, great man, RIP. 

Been through some stuff in his life.

6 hours ago, iantt said:

Woke up to this again! 

15213593694281874716938.jpg

It didn't snow as much in London sadly. Would of been having some fun with the handbrake if it did snow a lot like it did 2 weeks back. 

I don't like finally getting an insurer to give me a decent price for having a SpiderChip (the one @madmole has) only to find that the 30% discount code for FOC has just expired after, what, 3 years? Price now is £450...

To add insult to injury, I managed to find one on eBay, second hand but unused for £225. After snapping the guys hand off on Friday and him telling me it would be here by today, I got a message on Sunday to say he now can't find it as he's had it on sale for months (which he has - I've been watching it.)

Says he thinks he knows where it is but can only check at the weekend.

Ahhhh!!!

Sorry but a dedicated post to this over in focus forums didn't vent my frustration enough!

• Like 1

Ok,went out this morning to get paper as 6 just up the road and still a bit dark,turned into our back road and sheet of ice and slid and up the gutter front

and back wheel on the one side,a nice little mark but all seems ok but a nice bang when i hit it.

Came back to get washing out of washer and soap draw didn't take the Detergent so pulled it off and ''SNAP'' pulled the front cover off and draw still in washer

with a nice hole in the compartment so that's gone.

By the way people thinking a male working a washer lol........i care for my elderly dad so i do all the house duties.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club