Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Anything that helps is handy.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Soo...my dearly beloved rang up about her NIP this morning.

Apparently, the car isn't registered in her name (eh?), it was the old number plate that pinged - not the new one, and they don't know exactly what model of car it was...

They have, however given us an email address so we can at least scan & send copies of the documemts. 

Also worked out where we were that day...we had a short-notice meeting at cadets around lunchtime, so if I can grab the attendance log, that'll be another bonus!

So it was the original plate before the personalised plate was transferred?
As long as you have the paperwork showing the plate transfer and a correct V5C then that should be enough surely?

5 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

So it was the original plate before the personalised plate was transferred?
As long as you have the paperwork showing the plate transfer and a correct V5C then that should be enough surely?

It sounds like it, yeah.  

I've scanned a shed load of things in for Clare - V5 for both registrations, V750 for the personalised plate, the NIP (just for good measure) and I've also attached a list of meeting attendees from cadets, photos of all 4 sides of the car.  I've even written the email for her - I have been good!  It is very polite and very detailed.  Certainly more so than Clare's response when she opened the letter yesterday ("Well, that's wrong! I've never F... been to Porthmadog!")

Not much else you can do there.
Was the original registration held back for when the car gets sold on?

Not that I know of.  

The previous owner had a private plate on it, he then swapped that to his van and I believe it was the original reg that was put back on it.

I have the old plates somewhere in the back of the shed...

Car drivers opening their door when you are cycling past them!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't like the don't like thread went onto the second page!

Don't like the hour spent trying to re-secure my mudflap. When doing the timing belt I couldn't reattach the screw into the bottom of the mudflap - it just wouldn't bite into anything. Needing to get the car going I used a plastic push-rivet to secure it as best I could. Finally getting around to looking at it again, notice that the screw at the top of the mudflap is also now missing.

Found both the upper metal thread-clip, and the plastic thread insert floating on the inside of the arch liner thankfully (they've been floating there for a little over 4 months!) - a little rubber adhesive to stick the plastic insert back into the liner (to keep it there whilst putting the liner back), and some bending of the metal thread clip, and I once again have a secured mudflap.

Laptop has decided to cease functioning.

Power is definitely getting to the motherboard...it's just not doing anything with it!

1 hour ago, SeanW said:

Laptop has decided to cease functioning.

Power is definitely getting to the motherboard...it's just not doing anything with it!

Really hate that especially when you have important work. Best to keep saved files on a USB or email. 

Yup...one of those things I was always going to get around to doing...

The hard drive is currently plugged into the OH's computer transferring all my documents to it.

• Like 1

I don't like that something has to be wrong no matter what the event is...  Went to a funeral yesterday with a nice floral tribute to someone named 'wnw' as they'd fitted the stand upside down. :rolleyes: 

• 2 weeks later...

When it takes you over 3 months to find out what is wrong with the reverse camera you try and fit after genuine one packed in and you solve it.

Wrong camera for a rear-view mirror........the ones im trying is for a LCD screen like car stereo or the ones you buy in a kit.

Picture wont compress from a larger one to a small mirror one...............Dam.. Dam so trying to find one now.........just going to count to 10.

I don't like having to put another 20 quids worth of petrol in the Focus the day after I put in £20. Did my usual and waited until the light came on and put £20 but the light stayed on. Still on the next day so I figured out the float was stuck. Put another 20 in and thankfully it started registering correctly. 

Perhaps I should fill it up fuller more often? Thing is, £20 lasts me a couple of weeks. I only use it for going to work and my commute is only 5 minutes! Less if you don't get stuck behind a tourist! :biggrin:

........and Chris Evans speaking over the guitar solo on Another Brick In The Wall.......AGAIN!!!. :wallbash: :ranting:

He did it over Hotel California the other day.  Kill him.  Kill him now (not actual incitement...)

6 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

He did it over Hotel California the other day.  Kill him.  Kill him now (not actual incitement...)

Pure sacrilege! 

22 hours ago, Turvey said:

Pure sacrilege! 

Ah it was ok, I just had to break out my guitar when I got home and do it myself to avoid the withdrawal!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Ah it was ok, I just had to break out my guitar when I got home and do it myself to avoid the withdrawal!

Jealous of anyone who can play an instrument! :sad:

4 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

I just had to break out my guitar when I got home and do it myself to avoid the withdrawal!

If you can play the riffs & solos from Hotel California, :serenade:  :notworthy: then who needs a radio!

I rarely listen to the radio. Certainly not while driving, it is much too irritating, the DJs only stop talking over the music when the adverts are on. I had a breakthrough at Christmas 2016. Driving a hire car up to Derby, I saw it had a USB slot in the radio. Not actually noticed one of those before blush.png. More in hope than expectation, I downloaded a couple of MP3 tracks onto a USB stick, stuck it in the 'ole, and to my surprise it found the tracks and played them.

So I chucked out the useless CD radio in my Focus, as handling CDs while driving is worse than old tape cassettes. And put in one with USB, now I have unlimited music to my taste on demand. 

Including, as it happens, Hotel California and Brick in the Wall!

Not to mention Beatles, Abba, Black Sabbath, Elvis, the Doors, Frank Sinatra, Queen, Police, T.Rex, Carpenters, Led Zep. .....

A nice mixture!

• Like 2

Musically speaking, I was totally born in the wrong decade...

20 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

If you can play the riffs & solos from Hotel California, :serenade:  :notworthy: then who needs a radio!

Yeah I can, but not while driving I guess :wink:  I even set up custom scale harmonies on my Boss GT-8 in the correct sequential keys to play both guitar parts simultaneously!

...but then I'm a nerd....

• Like 2

I don't like when people you've lent things to swear blind they returned them when you know damn well they haven't.

My mum still has my axle stands but reckons she gave them back to me ages ago. Well I can't find them anywhere and I'm usually pretty organised, soooooo....

The rubbish standard of driving shown by many since the weather improved, and the main culprits are Fords...come on, you're letting the side down!  I'm really trying to be more calm on the road but the last week it seems people are driving badly on purpose to wind me up, it takes real effort to be this terrible... :laugh: 

1st one - Ford Ka doing ~18mph in a 30...  I hate the phrase 'slow & safe' because she continued to straight line a roundabout at 18mph without looking causing a motorbike on the right to have to stop suddenly.  He obviously got upset by this and tried to have a word with the driver but she just kept brake checking him.  He overtook so I came up behind the Ka again, but she's still slamming on the brakes every few hundred yards, apparently doing this every time a car comes the other way...it's a fairly wide 2 way road with centre lines.  By the third time I got so fed I leant on the horn...still totally oblivious and continuing to do the same she then comes to a complete stop at an empty roundabout, and by the time she moves off she's cut someone up again!  Fortunately we took different exits here!

2nd one - Newish Fiesta, cuts me up with absolutely no sideways observations on a national limit roundabout...powerfold mirrors still folded in so obviously not looking behind either...then fails to do more than 30mph...on a wide, dry, straight NSL road...  Fortunately easy enough to overtake this one.

3rd one - Mondeo man, gets in the 3rd merge lane on a dual carriage roundabout then slowly with no indication moves across forcing me to slow to avoid an accident, wish I'd cut him off instead of letting it slide in hinsight.  He then makes no attempt accelerate despite doing ~40mph on the overtaking lane of a 70mph road.  I stay behind so as not illegally undertake.  Left lane clears, we're up to around 50mph now...still in the right lane...  Eventually I do undertake and set cruise to 70 in the empty left lane...  He continues behind me in the right lane, despite the left being clear as far as we can see now, and totally unable to keep a constant speed as he gets closer and further while I'm on cruise at 70.  Can't use the 'turning right in 10 miles' excuse as it's only left slip roads on this road. He's still in the right lane when I take my exit...that's about 8 miles of never being in the left hand lane...that isn't just a mistake is it! :angry:

• Like 1

@TomsFocus it looks like there's more sunny day drivers than Sunday drivers. I hate seeing people in new cars drive like knobs. You'd think they are clever as they are able to afford cars like that but that's not true sadly.

I once was driving behind a Peugeot doing 15mph. I felt on overtaking but then thought what would happen if someone pulls out a side road. In the end a prius driver behind me got fed up and overtook us both 😂. Sometimes its good to think why people are driving in an odd way. If someones driving fast I'd try to think they are in a hurry to get somewhere.... Or they are knobs trying to impress their friends. 

I personally just drive normally and be a friendly driver. Some people probably think twice when they see my car as theyd probably think I'm a boy racer lol. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club