Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't think it's about cleverness, we all had to pass a driving test at some point so these people must know what they should be doing.  I think it's just a 'couldn't care less' attitude.  It's not restricted to driving either, I seem to get stuck behind the same sort of people on foot as well.  Plus look at any parks or beaches after the hot BH weekend with all the litter to see how little people care about anyone else.

I drive and walk keeping out of other peoples way as much as possible as I hate causing a nuisance, all I ask is that they return the favour and keep out of my way as well...  But this seems to be in the minority unfortunately.

• Like 3

On 5/7/2018 at 12:44 PM, TomsFocus said:

The rubbish standard of driving shown by many since the weather improved, and the main culprits are Fords...come on, you're letting the side down!  I'm really trying to be more calm on the road but the last week it seems people are driving badly on purpose to wind me up, it takes real effort to be this terrible... :laugh: 

1st one - Ford Ka doing ~18mph in a 30...  I hate the phrase 'slow & safe' because she continued to straight line a roundabout at 18mph without looking causing a motorbike on the right to have to stop suddenly.  He obviously got upset by this and tried to have a word with the driver but she just kept brake checking him.  He overtook so I came up behind the Ka again, but she's still slamming on the brakes every few hundred yards, apparently doing this every time a car comes the other way...it's a fairly wide 2 way road with centre lines.  By the third time I got so fed I leant on the horn...still totally oblivious and continuing to do the same she then comes to a complete stop at an empty roundabout, and by the time she moves off she's cut someone up again!  Fortunately we took different exits here!

Followed two cars recently doing similar

1) Car is doing 40mph through 50/60mph roads for about 10 miles. Speeding up/slowing down, and swerving over our side of the road. The moment we get to an NSL stretch appropriate for overtaking the car boots it and is never seen again (even with my "progressive" driving style :biggrin:)

2) Followed a little Yaris thing, was doing 35-45mph through all manner of speed limits, but as you say, braking every time a car comes the opposite way, for every bend (even though no need to slow down), and every pot hole. 

• Like 2

I'm starting to hate the driving of some of these white van drivers. Was on the right hand side of 2 lanes merging to one, gave space to one car merging then a white van man came from nowhere on the left hand side pushing in and making me brake 😤

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

I'm starting to hate the driving of some of these white van drivers. Was on the right hand side of 2 lanes merging to one, gave space to one car merging then a white van man came from nowhere on the right hand side pushing in and making me brake 😤

on my way home from work this afternoon a white transit van pulled out of a side road across me. he saw me as he pulled out and could quite have decided to stop. he thought i was going to have to brake so he could carry on. think again!! i carried on as if i hadnt seen him. should have seen the look on his face. to say startled was an understatement. did make me laugh after. i must have been only a few inches from his rear as i went passed him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't like the small hole/gap behind the seatbelt clips in the passenger seats in the small DAF truck I drove today! 

No place to leave my car/work keys so just left them on the seat. End of the day couldn't find them! Somehow they had fallen down this abyss! I had to borrow an extendable magnet to fish them out. 

IMG_20180517_154430306.jpg

20 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like the small hole/gap behind the seatbelt clips in the passenger seats in the small DAF truck I drove today! 

No place to leave my car/work keys so just left them on the seat. End of the day couldn't find them! Somehow they had fallen down this abyss! I had to borrow an extendable magnet to fish them out. 

IMG_20180517_154430306.jpg

Work vans are the same, we find all sorts behind and under the seats... £5 in change the one day!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like blithely and continually pressing 'next unread topic' and then realising I've been reviving ancient threads all evening with replies to questions asked months ago...

2 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

I don't like blithely and continually pressing 'next unread Thread' and then realising I've been reviving ancient threads all evening with replies to questions asked months ago...

Div 😋

• Thanks 1

Hey I can use the word "blithely" in context. I can't be that stoopid...stewpid... er...dumm.

• Like 2

I rest my case M'Lud 🤣

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Haha 1

I don't like Tui.

2 hour delay leaving Cyprus this morning and then diverted from Exeter to Bristol due to fog followed by a 2 1/2 hour wait for bags then another hour waiting to get a 1 1/2 hour coach link to Exeter to pick up my car.

Basically got home 7 hours later than I should have.

Didn't help that a Swissport Manager tried talking down to me by raising his voice and invading my personal space.

Put it this way - he backed down first and listened to my point of view.

Wifey was spitting fire.

Blunt e-mails being drafted to Tui, Swissport and my travel insurance company at this very moment.

welcome back! i would be the same just by being in bristol . lol

• Like 1

Yeh. I dislike Bristol airport with a passion anyway.
Funny thing was they had an Avon & Somerset Police officer hovering around watching us to make sure no lynching occurred - except he looked about 15 and as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike 🤣

yeah, in the middle of nowhere through narrow lanes and villages our sat nav took us  last time we flew from there to alicante. 

• Like 1

yeah, in the middle of nowhere through narrow lanes and villages our sat nav took us  last time we flew from there to alicante. 
Agreed, for a main airport it's in a crap location.

I suppose the airport was put there for a reason by the RAF .

Probably the only flat area they could find there.

been there in some form since 1916!! 

I don't like my Mrs waking me up last night...... twice!!! 😡 Once to tell me it was foggy and then to tell me there was a powercut! 

Think I should wake her up now and tell her the power's back on but it's still foggy? 🤔

• Like 1

Home insurance renewal coming through with a 25% increase this year... 😮  However, as it's not on auto-renewal it takes the same amount of effort for me to start a new policy as it does to renew, no cancellation hassle, plus I'll get money back through TCB as well...struggling to see what the benefit of doing that is to them! :laugh:

• Like 2

The stormy weather today ❄️ 💦 

On 5/28/2018 at 1:49 PM, Stoney871 said:

I don't like Tui.

2 hour delay leaving Cyprus this morning and then diverted from Exeter to Bristol due to fog followed by a 2 1/2 hour wait for bags then another hour waiting to get a 1 1/2 hour coach link to Exeter to pick up my car.

Basically got home 7 hours later than I should have.

Didn't help that a Swissport Manager tried talking down to me by raising his voice and invading my personal space.

Put it this way - he backed down first and listened to my point of view.

Wifey was spitting fire.

Blunt e-mails being drafted to Tui, Swissport and my travel insurance company at this very moment.

Yeah I would refer Tui to the case of Jarvis v. Swan Tours [1972] (EWCA Civ 8).

Classic precedent court case awarding damages for disappointment, distress, upset and frustration while on a package holiday.

They may claim that the delay was not their fault though as the chain of causality was broken by adverse weather. 

Might make them ***** themselves a bit though, which would be remarkably satisfying!

Edit. Really!? Swear filter blocks p00p?

• Like 1

I only had the flights via Tui however their duty of care was woeful.
Wifey rang their helpline and because they didn't want to listen they put the phone down and blocked her number.
Had to hide her caller id to get through again.
We were offered £5 vouchers but as they delayed processing our luggage for 3 hours nobody could go anywhere to get food so was a waste of time.
No phone or email services provided and mobile signal was barely workable.
No rest facilities available which was horrible for those with kids as they were likely out of their hotels by midday the day before so pushing on 21 hours without proper sleep or washing facilities.
They finally dug out some bottled water after most had finally got their bags and gone through customs so too little too late.

I don't like seeing a 10 plate Mondeo in the scrappies today. Looked in very good condition. Asked the boy in there what the story was. DPF fault and a couple of niggly faults that were going to cost about £1500 to fix and they reckoned the car was only worth about 3K so they took advantage of the scrappage scheme. 

Seems to be such a waste! 

15 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like seeing a 10 plate Mondeo in the scrappies today. Looked in very good condition. Asked the boy in there what the story was. DPF fault and a couple of niggly faults that were going to cost about £1500 to fix and they reckoned the car was only worth about 3K so they took advantage of the scrappage scheme. 

Seems to be such a waste! 

Sadly a lot of people in London will have to change their cars to euro 5 petrols or euro 6 diesels. I've been told euro 5 cars came from around 2005 and euro 6 diesels came from around 2016. My diesel fiesta was made in 2006 so sadly I might have to change it.

Was looking at a audi A3 with the 2 litre turbo petrol engine and I'd say they are going for around £3300. The government is saying in 2022 will be when they set up the ultra low emissions zones and cars which don't meet the emissions will be charged £12 whenever driven. 

@Stoney871 all this talk about travelling has made me remember the bad experience I had the last time I was on a plane 😂. Last summer I was coming back from Turkey and I had toddlers sitting in front and behind me. The toddlers behind me were kicking my chair and one in front was sticking his legs out in front of me and my family 😤. Seriously got angry at them but also the parents as they don't keep an eye on them or intervene. I'm not the type of person to raise their voice or show my anger. Sometimes I try and think outside the box and think the parents are just fed up with controlling their kids they just don't do anything. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club