Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like my 4 year old daughter discovering 3/4" long fish bones in her dinner today.

Granted they were fish cakes, and if they were fresh you might expect it, but processed crap from a factory might've had a warning on the packet. I would've expected the production method to have eliminated them really.

She was the only one to find any out of the 3 of us. She nearly (edit:) gosh darn choked.😡

20180607_175221.thumb.jpg.319c62f98d3120cdccc8fb987be27260.jpg20180607_175247.thumb.jpg.fd5a636f624f7ee616af4730f89b652b.jpg

I swear my dog has it in for me!!

Last week, as we were getting to the end of her walk, I called her back to put her on the lead.  Couldn't see her as she was in shadow.  Firsr thing I see of her is her white, fluffy chest flying through the air, paws outstretched...a split second later, I'm writhing in agony cupping my nads as she stands there looking quite pleased with herself!

Then last night, playing with her in the loving room and she lunged forward at me - I took her nose straight to my eye.  Which today, is very sore and a bit swollen.

Good job I love the fuzzy git!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SeanW said:

I swear my dog has it in for me!!

Last week, as we were getting to the end of her walk, I called her back to put her on the lead.  Couldn't see her as she was in shadow.  Firsr thing I see of her is her white, fluffy chest flying through the air, paws outstretched...a split second later, I'm writhing in agony cupping my nads as she stands there looking quite pleased with herself!

Had almost the same scenario with our male Rottweiler. Came back in the evening and walked through our front gate and, in the split second before the floodlights came on, I was knocked onto my backside and promptly slobbered on by him 😲.

2 hours ago, SeanW said:

Then last night, playing with her in the loving room and she lunged forward at me - I took her nose straight to my eye.  Which today, is very sore and a bit swollen.

Good job I love the fuzzy git!

Loving room eh 😉.

Ooh a loving room?! I'm gonna suggest to the wife we get one of those - lord knows we could do with it!

EDIT: tut, should've read Zicos post before replying lol! That joke has already been done.

I'll just climb into the furnace, shall I?

• Like 1

I don't like 2 instances of bad driving this week. 

No. 1. I normally drive a 32 tonne, 8 wheeled truck, one day this week I stopped at a pedestrian crossing to let an elderly lady with a wheeled Zimmer frame cross, when she was about 3/4 of the way across a motorbike overtook me and went across the crossing! No way could he see if anyone else was on the crossing. 

Edit: I then proceeded to forget to indicate at the roundabout immediately after the crossing as I was too busy squirting my windscreen washers! New truck, washers where the horn was on the old truck! 🙄

No. 2. I was driving along a main A road getting ready to make a left turn onto a small B road. Usual procedure, mirrors, indicate etc now this particular junction is quite tight and you can't see anything on it until the last minute, so I usually cross the middle white line on approach to give me the room to get in and to slow traffic behind me. At the last minute a car appeared at the junction so I slowed to an almost stop, checked mirrors and there's this idiot on the grass verge passing me! Held my hand up to tell driver coming out of junction to stop, driver behind got by me, driver coming out of junction just shook her head at the idiot. 

We're surrounded by idiots! Drive safe out there 😉

• Like 2

On 6/9/2018 at 3:07 PM, Zico said:

Had almost the same scenario with our male Rottweiler. Came back in the evening and walked through our front gate and, in the split second before the floodlights came on, I was knocked onto my backside and promptly slobbered on by him 😲.

Loving room eh 😉.

In my defence...I was half blind at the time of typing :angel_not:

I ended up going to A&E at about half-1 Sunday morning after I suddenly woke up near enough screaming in pain!  I can be a bit of a ***** when it comes to pain - but this was something else!  Triage saw me within 15 minutes,  tried to take blood and wiggled the needle...at which point my blood pressure suddenly plummeted...finally left at about half 4 with some antibiotic ointment for my eye and my dear, dear partner ripping the urine out of me 🤣🤣

• Like 1

I don't like waking up deaf in the left ear most mornings lately... 

It clears by lunchtime so it's not wax but there's nothing I can do about it before then.  Have read online it's often caused by allergies (hayfever is getting me atm, damn plants! :laugh: ) never had the ear issue with it before though so I'm just hoping it clears in a few weeks when the pollen subsides. :unsure: 

It is briefly very nice to hear nothing at all in the morning tbf, no neighbours, birds, cars, scaremongering news on the radio etc... 

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like waking up deaf in the left ear most mornings lately... 

It clears by lunchtime so it's not wax but there's nothing I can do about it before then.  Have read online it's often caused by allergies (hayfever is getting me atm, damn plants! :laugh: ) never had the ear issue with it before though so I'm just hoping it clears in a few weeks when the pollen subsides. :unsure: 

It is briefly very nice to hear nothing at all in the morning tbf, no neighbours, birds, cars, scaremongering news on the radio etc... 

Had problems typing outside the quote box ^^^

With me I'm waking up in the morning with a blocked or runny nose. I get hayfever as well and take a anti histamine tablet before bed. It does prevent most of the symptoms. 

@Turvey I've had some recent experience with some idiot drivers. Worse of all its people in new or expensive cars. Shows money can't buy you a brain. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@Turvey I've had some recent experience with some idiot drivers. Worse of all its people in new or expensive cars. Shows money can't buy you a brain. 

And it's not always young males either. The amount of young women in Fiat 500's or Audi A1's that have no concept of speed or distance is amazing. 

Part of me thinks it's down to cars feeling slower. Back in the day with a MK3 Fiesta you'd feel the speed as you're closer to the ground, the steering is heavy, and road noise is louder too. Nowadays they pass their test, go get a new car and drive it like a remote controlled car!

On 6/14/2018 at 12:58 PM, Jon84 said:

And it's not always young males either. The amount of young women in Fiat 500's or Audi A1's that have no concept of speed or distance is amazing. 

Part of me thinks it's down to cars feeling slower. Back in the day with a MK3 Fiesta you'd feel the speed as you're closer to the ground, the steering is heavy, and road noise is louder too. Nowadays they pass their test, go get a new car and drive it like a remote controlled car!

Lol personally if I had a child who recently passed their test I wouldnt get them or encourage them to get a new or not that old car. If you pass your test it doesn't mean your really experienced on the road. It took me I'd say 6 months to a year to say I feel comfortable driving. When I was a new driver I never didn't really care when I'd see someone do a stupid manoeuvre but now I'd say I get angry on little petty things I see someone drivers do (if I know they did it intentionally). 

My first car was a Peugeot 107 which I still debate whether it was more fun to drive than my fiesta. It had a 1 litre petrol engine and I'd loved to rev it. Because of the little power it would just rev and not climb much speed. 

Just today was driving down the main road and was coming towards temporary lights. It went red and two cars in front still went forward following the traffic. I stopped and a DPD van overtook me and went through. I just flashed my lights to get his attention 🤣. I see why people hate white van drivers. If they drive like that to get certain amount of deliveries done in a day then something has to be said to the company. 

• Like 1

Only recieving half an order from CP4L and finding it impossible to get a response from them.

Tried emailing with nothing but an auto reply.

We chat seems to be busy whenever I try it.

Opened a PayPal dispute last week and they haven't responded to that either!

Just wondering how long to leave it before escalating to PayPal...

...soo...errr...cars don't float...

Got caught in a flash flood on Saturday.  

Driving through a puddle about 3" deep when all of a sudden the water started surging up through the drains - it was a foot deep in mere seconds!

Pillock in a 4x4 cones screaming through in the opposite direction - car in front of me slows right down, so did I - just in time for a ma-hoo-sive wave to come crashing down over the bonnet.

The air filter is p-ee wet through, the electrics have gone nuts and there's the obvious - the cabin resembles a swimming pool and stinks!

• Sad 1

I don't like the minor injury which is going to cause me to take at least 3 weeks off work! 

Closing a large skip door today and it sprung back(slowly) put hands up to close it right and bashed a finger. Swore a bit, closed door and took gloves off.

Picture shows what happened, doesn't look too bad(no blood or bones in sight!) Apparently it's called mallet finger, the tendon releases from the bone causing finger to droop. Have to wear a finger splint for at least 3 weeks when I'll get an appointment at fracture clinic for assessment. Could take up to 8 weeks to heal! 

This is the first time I've been off work on sick leave since November 2011. Luckily I work for the local council and we get full pay from day 1 for 6 months. I would, however, much prefer to be at work. 

IMG_20180620_115744492.jpg

• Sad 1

@Turvey it's not your fault. It doesn't hurt does it? Did you report it to you manager and that this could cause future injury to other staff?

• Like 1

Doesn't hurt at all, just have to wear a finger splint ALL the time now for at least 3 weeks, probably longer! 

Working for local council you can rest assure that there is paperwork to fill out!

Totally my fault, no faulty equipment etc just me needing a pee rushing to get down to a toilet! 

• Like 1

I don't like a whole day of confrontation, one is more than enough for me. :sad:

First at the busy fuel station, trying to bypass the queue of cars as I only wanted tyre air and no fuel, got shouted at by some woman who wanted fuel.

Then at the MOT station trying to explain a new MOT change (no longer a fail) to the tester.  Admittedly he did understand it and confirmed I was right after several minutes of searching, so that's better than the Fiesta tilt handle incident but still stressed me out.  The irony was the issue fixed itself during the test anyway lol.

But the last one will stick in mind for days now, an altercation with a cyclist, but as I wasn't in the Focus I don't have any dash cam footage to check who was wrong.  He seemed to think I was '3 inches' from him.  I'm not a fan of road cyclists but I certainly don't go around trying to knock them off!! 😮 The first I was aware of him was moving off from a red light (where I'd left plenty of room on the left for them), he pulled right across in front of me, to the point I thought he was turning right...but carried straight on in the same place so I passed him after the junction...if it was there, I don't think I was 'that' close, but it would've been 6 of one and half dozen of the other with his road position.  He stopped next to me at the next set of lights shouting but tbh didn't make much sense, I calmly asked exactly where it was but he wouldnt give an answer except for 'just now'.  As I moved off from this set of lights he did the same thing, pulled across in front and then rode next to another cyclist who was in the cycle lane, rather than in front or behind them. :unsure: So now I don't know if he's just a crap cyclist and looking for trouble by cutting in front of cars and not using cycle lanes or if he was making a point because I'd done something earlier.  Makes me worry I was on 'autopilot' before the first set of lights and did get too close...but the worst part is I'll never know without dash cam footage! :sad:

What you have to take away from this run of incidents is that there are many idiots in the world and your day just happened to sync up with theirs.
Ignore them and treat them with the contempt they deserve.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You sound just like me Tom. Take little things to heart and start overthinking about it. Lol I'd agree with @Stoney871 but I find time to be the best thing to heal.

Just a few days ago I was on a road which began to split into two lanes. The left lane there was a bus at a bus stop and was beginning to move off so indicated into that lane. People mainly stay in the right and indicate into the left after passing the buses at the stop. There was one car which indicated to go in my lane but couldn't do so as the bus stopped at the lights. When the lights went green I let them in but then there was a guy in a light blue Peugeot 308 behind him (next to me) who horned and went in my lane behind me without indicating. Stopped at temporary lights and then began to hear him revving his engine behind me which thinking about it now was funny as I could hear he slapped a cheap exhaust on. After that could see him driving close behind me. I just brake checked him before turning into my road. Only reason I could see him getting angry was because I didn't let him in although he didn't indicate and he was next to me not in front like the other car or thought I was cutting through which I wasn't. This is one of the reasons I want a fast car. It will help you get out of situation easier and if you get an idiot pull any stupid maneuver on you at least you have the power to get out. 

In my area they are starting to put cycle lanes on the main roads. Problem this causes is buses used to have space to stop in but now they stop in the road causing cars to stop behind and wait till there's space to overtake. Lol if they are doing this to encourage cycling then they should pay me lessons on how to cycle. 

10 hours ago, zain611 said:

You sound just like me Tom. Take little things to heart and start overthinking about it. Lol I'd agree with @Stoney871 but I find time to be the best thing to heal.

Just a few days ago I was on a road which began to split into two lanes. The left lane there was a bus at a bus stop and was beginning to move off so indicated into that lane. People mainly stay in the right and indicate into the left after passing the buses at the stop. There was one car which indicated to go in my lane but couldn't do so as the bus stopped at the lights. When the lights went green I let them in but then there was a guy in a light blue Peugeot 308 behind him (next to me) who horned and went in my lane behind me without indicating. Stopped at temporary lights and then began to hear him revving his engine behind me which thinking about it now was funny as I could hear he slapped a cheap exhaust on. After that could see him driving close behind me. I just brake checked him before turning into my road. Only reason I could see him getting angry was because I didn't let him in although he didn't indicate and he was next to me not in front like the other car or thought I was cutting through which I wasn't. This is one of the reasons I want a fast car. It will help you get out of situation easier and if you get an idiot pull any stupid maneuver on you at least you have the power to get out. 

In my area they are starting to put cycle lanes on the main roads. Problem this causes is buses used to have space to stop in but now they stop in the road causing cars to stop behind and wait till there's space to overtake. Lol if they are doing this to encourage cycling then they should pay me lessons on how to cycle. 

I do overthink everything lol, which is why I like having a dashcam so I can check whether I was at fault or not afterwards.  If I was at fault I can try to improve that next time but having been driving nearly 10 years and having no other cyclists complain about overtakes I can't be continually too close, unless I've been leaving a trail of dead cyclists in my wake... :rolleyes:  But seriously, there are so many things that can go wrong while driving I'm constantly thinking 'what if?' and checking I haven't hit anyone/anything...but that's counter productive as then I'm checking the mirrors when I probably should be looking forward...can't win lol!  Tbf, it is rare that I make a major fail myself, but it does happen occasionally and I'll know immediately and try to apologise with a wave or something, in this case I really don't think I did!  Having written that I'm obviously still overthinking it! :lol: 

Tbf, it is part of my OCD diagnosis, but none of the treatment has helped with that so far.  Realistically the only way I'll stop thinking about it is if another event happens today, then I'll be thinking about that instead lol.

I can see the point of cycling in designated cycle paths in a congested city like London, or if it's done as a hobby like mountain biking etc.  But I can't see any benefit to road cycling around here.  It's very dangerous, they're literally putting themselves right in the line of fire being a tiny, slow, vulnerable object compared to everything else on the road.  It's also dangerous to pedestrians on shared foot and cycle paths, my estate was built in the late 90s so had a lot of cycle paths put in at the time. I walk a lot (to try to avoid the stress of driving lol) but have a lot of near misses from them coming up behind as they're silent until the last second and often on the phone riding one/no handed so can't control the bike properly.  It's not healthy, they're breathing in huge amounts of toxic exhaust fumes.  It's not environmentally friendly as they cause every vehicle behind them to brake and then accelerate, which is using far more fuel and causing more emissions than rolling at a constant 30/40mph, emissions that they are then directly breathing in.  And on top of all that it's slowing the economy when trucks and busses are stuck behind cyclists on twisty, hilly B roads where you can go for several minutes without a suitable overtaking space for even a car let alone anything bigger.  I personally don't like busses either, but at least they are safe, healthier to be in and better for the environment when there are enough people on them, my advice would be swap the bike for the bus lol.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I do overthink everything lol, which is why I like having a dashcam so I can check whether I was at fault or not afterwards.  If I was at fault I can try to improve that next time but having been driving nearly 10 years and having no other cyclists complain about overtakes I can't be continually too close, unless I've been leaving a trail of dead cyclists in my wake... :rolleyes:  But seriously, there are so many things that can go wrong while driving I'm constantly thinking 'what if?' and checking I haven't hit anyone/anything...but that's counter productive as then I'm checking the mirrors when I probably should be looking forward...can't win lol!  Tbf, it is rare that I make a major fail myself, but it does happen occasionally and I'll know immediately and try to apologise with a wave or something, in this case I really don't think I did!  Having written that I'm obviously still overthinking it! :lol: 

Tbf, it is part of my OCD diagnosis, but none of the treatment has helped with that so far.  Realistically the only way I'll stop thinking about it is if another event happens today, then I'll be thinking about that instead lol.

I can see the point of cycling in designated cycle paths in a congested city like London, or if it's done as a hobby like mountain biking etc.  But I can't see any benefit to road cycling around here.  It's very dangerous, they're literally putting themselves right in the line of fire being a tiny, slow, vulnerable object compared to everything else on the road.  It's also dangerous to pedestrians on shared foot and cycle paths, my estate was built in the late 90s so had a lot of cycle paths put in at the time. I walk a lot (to try to avoid the stress of driving lol) but have a lot of near misses from them coming up behind as they're silent until the last second and often on the phone riding one/no handed so can't control the bike properly.  It's not healthy, they're breathing in huge amounts of toxic exhaust fumes.  It's not environmentally friendly as they cause every vehicle behind them to brake and then accelerate, which is using far more fuel and causing more emissions than rolling at a constant 30/40mph, emissions that they are then directly breathing in.  And on top of all that it's slowing the economy when trucks and busses are stuck behind cyclists on twisty, hilly B roads where you can go for several minutes without a suitable overtaking space for even a car let alone anything bigger.  I personally don't like busses either, but at least they are safe, healthier to be in and better for the environment when there are enough people on them, my advice would be swap the bike for the bus lol.

Don't you have a dash cam fitted? Best thing to have onevand like you said you can look back at the footage. I used to not like looking back at my footage but recently doing that it now feels kind of fun to do it. I wanted to check I went past a speed camera at the right speed so went back to the footage and luckily found I was driving behind a van then which slowed down (and myself) when approaching the camera so all good. Back in December I was driving down an industrial estate in the dark then some van came from the right lane and cut in front before approaching a roundabout. This roundabout had a petrol station which the entrance was close to the second exit which I was going to go through. Because the van cut in front and was close in front he went across and into the petrol station and when he turned off I went onto the kurb between the second exit and petrol station. Could hear stones flying and I actually thought I broke the bumper or fog light 😭. Stopped and checked and luckily the little bumper splitter underneath got scraped so wasn't to bad. To learn from that id slow down and keep a good distance between cars especially in areas I'm not used to driving in. I didn't want to check the footage. My grandad had an accident 2 years back where a bus driver gave him way to pull out but a lady smashed into him as she was overtaking cars just to turn into a group of shops. Till now it's ongoing and the lady is blaming him it's his fault. If he had a dashcam it would have saved all this hassle. 

I still get that what if thought. A week ago I dropped my mum off in front of sainsburys but she said to park up and I'll come with her. I moved off without checking my mirrors and saw a car behind me. Luckily they didn't horn or do anything negative but that let's me know and get into the habit of always checking my mirrors. I'd think what if that car was just passing and I pulled out. I once was on a B road in my Peugeot and there was those lines on the road which makes the car bumpy and saw a slow down sign which in my thought was to say there is a corner coming but when I went around the corner I found that was a 2 way road and someone I heard was Horning at me. I'd think to myself what there was a car coming right when I blindingly came out. 

That's a good point about cyclists. Another thing which my dad really hates is the government is saying they are going to charge people within the north and south circular of London who have cars that don't meet their emission standards but they themselves announced they opened another runway in Heathrow Airport. From my research aeroplanes are the most harmful to the environment so imagine how much more planes will take off and land. About 1300 planes land and takeoff in a day in Heathrow so I'd like to see the government think about that than cars. Feels like they just want money and looking at tourism rather than the actual citizens 😤

I have a dashcam in the Focus but I wasn't in that at the time.  Been meaning to buy another one but there's always something else to spend money on.  I would always recommend them though, as you say, they're the only way to prove who was at fault in some incidents.

I've been told the 'what if?' fades as we get older...but only by people 50+ and I don't want another 24 years of it! :laugh:  Weird how some people don't seem to have it at all from being young though...unless they're just very good at hiding it!  I think this is what annoys me so much about people cutting me up at giveway markings, I just think  what if I'd been distracted for a couple of seconds (checking mirrors or right hand traffic etc) we'd then be involved in an accident purely because they didn't follow the rules of the road and wait a few seconds like I'd be expecting them to...I find they're often the ones that make no attempt to speed up or even apologise so probably don't even notice. :unsure:  

I'm amazed how many planes use the airports each day, I've never flown so have only seen them on TV lol, but recently heard about the extra runways at both Heathrow and Stansted and couldn't believe how many flights there are each day.  Admittedly the emissions they create aren't in town centres though, so while they're ruining the planet, they're not directly ruining people which seems to be the main aim of the gov't atm.

Lol I hate this charge that's coming. I was planning on keeping the car for another 4 years but now probably half that. Might not spend money getting it mapped, dent removing and changing the headlights if I won't keep it for long 😢. Still would not mind getting a audi A3 1.8T. Insurance however was £1800 when I get three years Ncb but in 2 years time when I hopefully get 5 years NCB it was £930. After a year my mileage might reduce a lot as I'll hopefully finish my degree so a petrol won't be bad. 

• Like 1

So sadly due to the ultra low emission zones which will extend out of Central London to the North and south circular in 2021 I sadly can't keep my car after then as I don't want to be charged £12.50 a day to drive it. Was planning on doing more upgrades but why do it if I have to keep it for about 2 years. 

So in about 2 years might sell the car and get something different and not part of the ULEZ charge.

Was looking at an audi A3 1.8T. 50mpg, 8 secs to 60mph and £230 Road tax. Problem is the 1.8 turbo is hard to find and I'm thinking of getting the S line trim. There's one going for my sort of price and decent mileage at 107k however not my sort of colour. Screenshot_20180628-182103.thumb.png.5aad751d4950d7d3d3c25e67add6bb92.png

Today was looking at 3 series and was surprised on the prices. Seen this 320i M sport with just 113k. 50mpg like the audi, £250 Road tax and 9 secs to 60mph. The 320i and surprisingly the 325i are both not part of low emission zones. The 325i is 45mpg, £315 Road tax and 7 secs to 60mph which isn't bad. Screenshot_20180628-181907.thumb.png.e80432a927c27005b982ce2106421de6.png

Not sure on what ford I'd be able to get with that sort of performance and economy but I'm thinking aswell that as I'm building up more no claims and holding my licence for longer I could go for something German and insurance hopefully will be affordable in 2 years. 

Confirmed...car is a Cat B write-off 😭

And to top it off...my favourite mug broke!  Made a coffee, heard a "plink" and coffee started pouring out of the side!

It's only about 10 years old!  Poundland special!!

• Sad 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club