Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

If it's not letting you format it, you might have pressed the lock switch on the side of the card, took me ages to work out why I couldn't format mine recently lol.

As for Vauxhalls, all cars have faults really, but it does seem odd that every Vauxhall I, or any family members, have had have been unreliable! 

That said, my Grandad bought a Vauxhall VX490 brand new in the 60s...I found the receipt while sorting through his things after he passed...never mentioned it while he was alive!

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

Also does anyone know how to format a SD card? I need to format mine as it keeps saying to do this on the dash cam and it can't record footage until I do it

3 hours ago, dezwez said:

yes put it in a sd card reader on a laptop find it in the menu C normally  and right click format this card done

hope this helps

It might need to be formated in the dashcam?

Check the instruction manual or go through the menu on the camera. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys well it took a few tries for the computer to recognise the card. After getting it to be read it kept saying unable to format. I then tried deleting the footage but after going back on the file the footage is still there so have a feeling the card might be damaged / corrupted. Might see with dash cam if it can format it. Last time it saved was on the 30th of July so need to get it sorted out. 

One thing I don't like:

When a certain courier (DPD) comes to deliver a parcel for me and they knock on the downstairs door, not mine. Then when they claim it's my parcel and they leave it by the door (as requested), it turns out it actually isn't my parcel at all and the packaging is completely knackered. 

Then having to go back and forth trying to speak to an actual human in customer services to explain the screw up. When finally through to the local depot they ask me to find out whose parcel it is and to give them the long tracking numbers etc. The problem with that is that there are multiple delivery labels attached to said box and none of them match.  

I hope that when the correct customer gets their parcel they reject it. It's clearly been thrown around and taped up hastily as it's falling apart. 

@Nick Y I don't like the DPD drivers. Once had some DPD van overtake me and go through a temporary lights at red lights. Businesses should never stress delivery drivers on getting a lot of deliveries done in a certain time overwise that just makes these drivers drive like a typical white van man. 

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

@Nick Y I don't like the DPD drivers. Once had some DPD van overtake me and go through a temporary lights at red lights. Businesses should never stress delivery drivers on getting a lot of deliveries done in a certain time overwise that just makes these drivers drive like a typical white van man. 

Zain, I totally see where you're coming from. Having worked as a courier driver for other firms, I know the stresses they are under all too well. A lot of them are not actually employed by the courier companies but are self employed. They don't get paid per hour, they get paid per parcel delivered so there's even more pressure on them to do well to just break even. That doesn't give them the excuses to not abide by the highway code and the road traffic act though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick Y said:

Zain, I totally see where you're coming from. Having worked as a courier driver for other firms, I know the stresses they are under all too well. A lot of them are not actually employed by the courier companies but are self employed. They don't get paid per hour, they get paid per parcel delivered so there's even more pressure on them to do well to just break even. That doesn't give them the excuses to not abide by the highway code and the road traffic act though. 

Never knew workers get paid for each delivery. I have no concept of work except volunteering work lol. Kind of gives me a soft spot now for delivery drivers. 

I'm still dwelling about the speed camera I past on Saturday. Im now not thinking about if I'm right I past it at the correct speed. I'm sure there was a car coming up on the side of me but slowed down to a point which made me think he's going slower than the limit. Plus I did pick up to 50mph after passing the camera then slowed back down to 40. 40 is the limit. 

I don't like my phone finally failing to transfer photos to the laptop altogether. :sad:  It's been dodgy for months, but wouldn't connect at all today.  Charging has been a pain for months as well but it does still charge atm.  Any way to test if it's the cable or the phone?  Don't have a spare cable to try but also don't want to waste money buying a new cable if it's the phones port at fault.

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like my phone finally failing to transfer photos to the laptop altogether. :sad:  It's been dodgy for months, but wouldn't connect at all today.  Charging has been a pain for months as well but it does still charge atm.  Any way to test if it's the cable or the phone?  Don't have a spare cable to try but also don't want to waste money buying a new cable if it's the phones port at fault.

What type of connection is it?

Only thing you can try is the cable on a different device which uses the same connection, otherwise it's a new cable to see if it fixes it.

33 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

What type of connection is it?

Only thing you can try is the cable on a different device which uses the same connection, otherwise it's a new cable to see if it fixes it.

Micro USB I think?  Phone is a Moto G3.  Don't think I have anything else with the same connector, only thing would be the sat nav but I think that's a mini USB, it's in the car so will check when I go out.  I've just seen the charger ports only cost £3 for these phones, but it requires the whole phone to be disassembled to replace.  Too fiddly for me haha!

Edit - Are these likely to actually be genuine at that price?  Or are they likely to overcharge the phone and set fire to the flat? :unsure: :laugh: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-MOTOROLA-CHARGER-USB-DATA-CABLE-FOR-MOTO-G-G2-G3-G4-MOTO-X-MOTO-E-E5/263840674739?hash=item3d6e2133b3:m:mJG6KjJb7i7iKbE-UODBm8w

Depending on what you're prepared to pay, Anker Powerline Micro USB cables via amazon are dependable. If you want to cover your bases on a cable for the (near) future, this is a combo adaptor cable for Micro USB/C/Lightning:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerLine-Lightning-Samsung-Smartphones/dp/B07215381G/ref=sr_1_11?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1533745015&sr=1-11&keywords=anker+powerline+micro+usb

• Like 1

Our sons have bought Anker bluetooth Speakers and they seem well built and dependable.

So tempting to stick a 'W' on the speaker grill though!!! 😈

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Our sons have bought Anker Bluetooth speakers and they seem well built and dependable.

So tempting to stick a 'W' on the speaker grill though!!! 😈

Lol you got me laughing there. 

To update about the SD card I just bought another one which is all good now. Checked the card on the laptop and all working. Was able to look through my footage today. 

• Like 1

Come on! What male over 14 wouldn't think the same? 😁

ankersoundcore-100721000-small.3x2.jpg

• Like 3

If you but a B at the front, in some peoples eyes, it would be far worse :laugh: (or the same thing :laugh:)

• Like 4

When you clear your screen wash out to try this One Shot stuff so i squirt all the stuff in it out so all clear and.

A wasp lands on my hand so just left him and just flew off,must of been the smell of my car covered in wash fluid.

Could be a ''Things i like'' as he didn't sting.

13 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

When you clear your screen wash out to try this One Shot stuff so....

Please don't tell me that you've put One Shot into your washer fluid... that's 91% strong sulphuric acid drain cleaner 😲😮.

http://www.oneshotdraincleaner.com/

Still it might just work to burn off those ***** bugs that get squished 😂.

5 hours ago, Zico said:
Please don't tell me that you've put One Shot into your washer fluid... that's 91% strong sulphuric acid drain cleaner [emoji44][emoji50].
http://www.oneshotdraincleaner.com/
Still it might just work to burn off those ***** bugs that get squished [emoji23].

It's car stuff I got off eBay lol not house stuff,it's a 32ml very small bottle,good reviews.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So, I can't really afford the Anker for a tenner atm, bought the cheap 'genuine' cable linked in my above post.

Cable itself is either genuine or a very good fake, the plugs are soft touch like the originals and seem well secured too.  I've had cheap Chinese cables in the past with noticeable quality issues.

However, with the new cable the phone won't even charge unless I hold the plug in hard, though it fits well and holds in tight.  Won't transfer data at all. 

So still none the wiser whether it's the cable or the phone now I'm getting different negative results with 2 cables! :unsure:

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

So, I can't really afford the Anker for a tenner atm, bought the cheap 'genuine' cable linked in my above post.

Cable itself is either genuine or a very good fake, the plugs are soft touch like the originals and seem well secured too.  I've had cheap Chinese cables in the past with noticeable quality issues.

However, with the new cable the phone won't even charge unless I hold the plug in hard, though it fits well and holds in tight.  Won't transfer data at all. 

So still none the wiser whether it's the cable or the phone now I'm getting different negative results with 2 cables! :unsure:

Could try comparing the length of the end to a normal lead to see if the one you bought could be just slightly short in length. 

I presume you've tried cleaning out the phone port?

I had issues with mine because of fluff covering the contacts.  Barely visible and took a careful prod with a pin to dislodge.  A squirt of compressed air doesn't hurt either! 

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Could try comparing the length of the end to a normal lead to see if the one you bought could be just slightly short in length. 

Tbh they look the same side by side...but I don't have a micrometer for perfect accuracy lol.

1 hour ago, SeanW said:

I presume you've tried cleaning out the phone port?

I had issues with mine because of fluff covering the contacts.  Barely visible and took a careful prod with a pin to dislodge.  A squirt of compressed air doesn't hurt either! 

Yeah tried that when I first started having connection issues, I was amazed how much came out!! 😮  But it didn't make any difference to the connection issues lol.

Have you checked also if a kink in the wire might cause the phone to or not charge? This is something I'm getting irrated about with my PS3 lead that I just disconnect it whenever I play a match 

8 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Have you checked also if a kink in the wire might cause the phone to or not charge? This is something I'm getting irrated about with my PS3 lead that I just disconnect it whenever I play a match 

Yeah the lead itself hasn't actually moved for 2 and a half years lol, still in mint condition!  The issue is definitely at the plug end.  I can just move the plug less than a millimetre to get it to charge, without touching the lead at all.

only a small thing i dont like. the rain. lol weather forcast didnt predict any this afternoon so i was in the middle of changing the front bumper when  it decided to rain, and rain a bit more. not detered i carried on. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club