Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

When you get a prat in a Black Audi come tearing past you like your standing still,i was doing 60 and he most be touching 90 to 100 and also wet and

coming to a bend.

If anyone knows the A449 Kidderminster to Wolverhampton road and know how bad this road is,an accident every week at least.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jace1969 said:

When you get a prat in a Black Audi come tearing past you like your standing still,i was doing 60 and he most be touching 90 to 100 and also wet and

coming to a bend.

If anyone knows the A449 Kidderminster to Wolverhampton road and know how bad this road is,an accident every week at least.

When I see idiots like that I just think to myself karma is just going to come back on them but try to also think they might be driving like that because of an emergency. Reasons like rushing to get somewhere I don't see as an excuse to drive fast as people like that should of planned their journey.

Yesterday took my mum to the shop and was sitting in the car. Suddenly a young boy ran past and in front the car and hitting his hand on the bonnet or headlight. I just gave him a good stare and that probably made him think. I then saw him cross the road to his friends. No mark thankfully from what I could see. If I ever have children I'd never will let them play on the streets with friends. Won't mind them going out with friends to places when there old enough but seeing young kids play on the street just makes me think how irresponsible their parents are. I can't really get angry at young kids as they don't know. Really hate it also when I see kids playing football whilst walking somewhere. Once nearly had a secondary school student kick his ball on my car. 

• Like 1

When something is released as a limited edition and has a specific number of products available. Then you see said product on auction sites at heavily inflated prices, even if the item hasn't been released to the general public yet. 
It pees me off, especially when there are genuine people out there who may have saved up for the item and want the item to use and not just to profit from. 

• Like 1

I don't like eBay signing me out and forgetting my password every single time over the last week or so.  I've been ticking the 'keep me signed in' box as well.  I think they've had a site update as the sign in page looks more modern.  Anyone else having this issue?  

Ah ok, must be a bug their end then, glad I'm not the only one. :smile: 

22 hours ago, Nick Y said:

When something is released as a limited edition and has a specific number of products available. Then you see said product on auction sites at heavily inflated prices, even if the item hasn't been released to the general public yet. 
It pees me off, especially when there are genuine people out there who may have saved up for the item and want the item to use and not just to profit from. 

I think limited edition is just a way on companies bumping the price up in a way of saying there are limited in numbers. These companies know that there are rich people out there who would easily part their money for something limited which personally ain't fair on the average people. 

I don't like the day after our son passing his test his car goes into limp mode full-time!

It's a 2008 1.4 diesel Fiesta he bought from his sister and it would occasionally do it but a quick Italian tuneup would sort it.

This time, however, it seems a bit more serious. He's had it at a pals house, Ford mechanic with software, and it seems one of the injectors is kaput.

Obviously we're not going to buy a new one for £300+ so I think secondhand will be in order. Hopefully my mechanic mate who does homers will be able to sort it as it looks too involved for an amateur on a driveway!

To say we have an EXTREMELY p***ed off son is an understatement. I feel some sorry for him as I know how I would feel if it was me. 

I don't like the MK4 Focus... there's one outside our local Tesco today.  Front bumper looks awful tbh...I hope it's aerodynamic enough to forgive the looks but I doubt it lol.  The cabin looks odd as well, lost the integrated sync screen in favour of gluing an iPad on top of the dash...eurgh...  The wheels were nice though, and it did have rear discs!! :biggrin:

Second dislike is the news this evening, telling us there could be a measles outbreak in Essex...  If that's the case it won't be long until it gets to Suffolk.  Measles is spread so easily as well! 😮

:unsure:

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like the MK4 Focus... there's one outside our local Tesco today.  Front bumper looks awful tbh...I hope it's aerodynamic enough to forgive the looks but I doubt it lol.  The cabin looks odd as well, lost the integrated sync screen in favour of gluing an iPad on top of the dash...eurgh...  The wheels were nice though, and it did have rear discs!! :biggrin:

Second dislike is the news this evening, telling us there could be a measles outbreak in Essex...  If that's the case it won't be long until it gets to Suffolk.  Measles is spread so easily as well! 😮

:unsure:

im not a fan of the mk4 either. saw first one wednesday morning, now seen another 100 or so and im still not a fan . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like the day after our son passing his test his car goes into limp mode full-time!

It's a 2008 1.4 diesel Fiesta he bought from his sister and it would occasionally do it but a quick Italian tuneup would sort it.

This time, however, it seems a bit more serious. He's had it at a pals house, Ford mechanic with software, and it seems one of the injectors is kaput.

Obviously we're not going to buy a new one for £300+ so I think secondhand will be in order. Hopefully my mechanic mate who does homers will be able to sort it as it looks too involved for an amateur on a driveway!

To say we have an EXTREMELY p***ed off son is an understatement. I feel some sorry for him as I know how I would feel if it was me. 

Could look at a second hand injector with low mileage or get it reconditioned. When I bought my fiesta I noticed it would run lumpy and chug a bit of white smoke when starting it after its been sitting for over 2 hours. Changed the glow plugs no luck. In the end had a suspicion it was a leaking injector so thought of getting them all reconditioned. I found a company which reconditioned the injectors and supplied the copper O rings. After that runs like a new car. 

You can see they did a really good job on them after the state they were in in the first picture. 

DSC_0096.JPG

DSC_0147.JPG

DSC_0122.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Could look at a second hand injector with low mileage or get it reconditioned. When I bought my fiesta I noticed it would run lumpy and chug a bit of white smoke when starting it after its been sitting for over 2 hours. Changed the glow plugs no luck. In the end had a suspicion it was a leaking injector so thought of getting them all reconditioned. I found a company which reconditioned the injectors and supplied the copper O rings. After that runs like a new car. 

You can see they did a really good job on them after the state they were in in the first picture. 

DSC_0096.JPG

DSC_0147.JPG

DSC_0122.JPG

Thanks for that, been looking at second hand injectors, think it was just the one that came up with a code. Can't ask son just now as he's away out in the car. 🙄

When your Messenger App seems to stick on Default sound which is a low ''Beep'' but when another is selected it still plays Default and not selected.

Don't use Facebook only this message app,any advice would be good as tried loads and posted on Android Central.

13 hours ago, Turvey said:

Thanks for that, been looking at second hand injectors, think it was just the one that came up with a code. Can't ask son just now as he's away out in the car. 🙄

From what I've been told it may be best to get a second hand one as most likely companies don't get genuine parts when reconditioning them however I did this in January and since then the car has been driving and running really nice. Wish I could keep my car longer. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

When your Messenger App seems to stick on Default sound which is a low ''Beep'' but when another is selected it still plays Default and not selected.

Don't use Facebook only this message app,any advice would be good as tried loads and posted on Android Central.

I always keep my phone on vibrate. Not a big fan myself of Facebook as I don't want to see what my friends are doing then comparing myself to them. 

I always keep my phone on vibrate. Not a big fan myself of Facebook as I don't want to see what my friends are doing then comparing myself to them. 
Mate you are spot on and ain't been on for ages just that I wanted to see if I can sort this mystery out as it's not selected but still plays the default sound and my main sms/Samsung app is set to the tone I want and works perfect as this was until a few days ago.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

Mate you are spot on and ain't been on for ages just that I wanted to see if I can sort this mystery out as it's not selected but still plays the default sound and my main sms/Samsung app is set to the tone I want and works perfect as this was until a few days ago.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Where was the option to set the tone? Is it on the phones own settings or is there settings on messenger to change the tone? 

18 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Where was the option to set the tone? Is it on the phones own settings or is there settings on messenger to change the tone? 

On the App itself,press your picture at the top and then sound and the tone i want is selected but i get a message through there and default plays.

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2018 at 2:11 PM, jace1969 said:

On the App itself,press your picture at the top and then sound and the tone i want is selected but i get a message through there and default plays.

Could try restarting the phone and seeing if that solves it. Sometimes my phone does some funny things and a quick restart solves it. Im not an expert on phones so don't know if that will solve it

The messenger app is a bit odd, I've tried turning off notifications altogether but it doesn't work.  I didn't realise you could change the sound...I hear the default ping everywhere I go haha!

For some reason as soon as I open WiFi on the phone it pings up old messenger messages...ones that I'd already opened on the laptop, can't seem to stop it!

On 8/18/2018 at 2:11 PM, jace1969 said:

Amazing what you can learn on here, thanks for that. 

10 hours ago, Turvey said:

Amazing what you can learn on here, thanks for that. 

I know and being a ford Forum and you learn about phone setting,every time i read on here i learn something else.

Some downloaded tones off Zedge don't work if used on Messenger as i found out,if it don't work normal default will play,they work everywhere else.

• Like 1

I don't like having to spend more than a days wages for a half hour doctor's appointment just for her to tick a few boxes and sign my medical form. 

Being over 45 means I have to get a medical every 5 years, which my employer pays. But I've also got MS which means I've got a restricted license which I have to reapply for every year with a basic health check. This year however they wanted the full medical and looks like they'll need it every 5 years. Problem is I'm 'only' 53 so not due a paid for medical for a couple of years. 

Tried to contact DVLA on Friday to see if they were paying for this appointment but due to systems being down I couldn't speak to anyone. Hopefully speak to them after work and get it sorted.

Should have stayed on at Doctor's school and got my qualifications! 90 quid for 30 minutes work! No wonder they only want to work part-time 😁

• Like 1

dont like ford still havent made any improvement in there focus trailing arm bushes. mine have deterioated and need replacing. 

@Turvey I was looking at doing medicine as a degree but from what I've seen and heard it doesn't look great. Medical school is about 5 years from what I remember and you'd be around past your mid twenties when you graduate from there and you start off as a junior doctor. From there you'd slowly build yourself up as a proper doctor but you'd probably be near to or over your 40s when you become that which makes me wonder if it's worth it. Yeah pay is good but you'd have lived half your life just to get to that stage. I've learnt in college also a medicine degree has the most people committing suicide due to the large amount of stress people have to put up with. 

I also kind of don't like doctors. They don't really interact with people unless they have to. They are kind of reserved people which I don't like. I volunteer in my local hospital and found the nurses to be the nicest people. I'd say it comes down to academic life. Someone who dedicates their life to studying would just become socially retarded which can shape them when they get older. 

@iantt is that a common problem on the focus? On my fiesta I have to change the CV joint as the gator has slightly broke but not letting in dirt. Also need to get the MOT done. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club