Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

What?!! 2009 was 9 years ago? Surely you lie? I could have sworn it's only a couple of years ago! God, I must be getting old [emoji45]
I am old lol....I thought I was going back 9 years by a click of a computer mouse,i wish.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Went to my local fish shop yesterday to plan on what I might get for the new tank. Saw this nice tree root or stump whatever part of a tree it was. Looked really nice. Only problem is the price which is about £30 which I think is a lot especially that I saw other larger ornaments for £15 - 20. Searched the company of that ornament and couldn't find a website that had it so thinking might just go and get it. It was the only one there so might just bite the bullet even though I think it's overpriced. Saw some moss type of plants and thinking could get that and stick it on that ornament. They also had a plant called java fern attached to a piece of driftwood which I might get later on. Want to get plants which aren't a hassle to keep. 

Saw some sand also. £4 for 3kg and £15 for 10kg. Sounds best to get 4 3kg as you get 12kg for £16. 

I don't like that the photo company hasn't bothered to reply to my email concerning my smashed picture after a week.

Also don't like that my gaming PC has died, I think the PSU has gone but don't want to buy a replacement if that isn't the problem.

Luckily I store all important files on external drives or on the cloud but still a complete pain in the buttocks.

I don't like seeing old classics, that may have been saved 10 years ago but are probably too far gone now, on top of the scrap pile 😟

IMG_20180829_134215480_HDR.jpg

12 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like seeing old classics, that may have been saved 10 years ago but are probably too far gone now, on top of the scrap pile 😟

IMG_20180829_134215480_HDR.jpg

Its strange when you look back at the cars you had and the biggest thing was the money to do the cars you had up as some are stupid money on eBay.

I had 2 old cars which would of loved to keep,the old RS 2000 Flat Front and the Fiesta Supersport and loved them both but newer car needed.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zico said:

Fish tanks are an expensive habit!!

Id say its a little expensive getting the stuff to set the tank up. Need ornaments, heater, sand and might get some plants. Stuff like fish food, thermometer and water conditioner I have from my current tank but might change the food and conditioner as those are well old. Also have an air pump but the cover has perished over years of vibration and now sometimes gets loud. 

@Turvey the London mayor isn't going to help classic car owners if he's going to put a charge up for people driving old diesels and petrols. 

When next door is watching footbal on sky and im watching the same game but the game is 10 or so seconds in front of me on virgin,i hear them shout

''what a goal'' i think well i know someone has scored now.

• Like 2

When next door is watching footbal on sky and im watching the same game but the game is 10 or so seconds in front of me on virgin,i hear them shout
''what a goal'' i think well i know someone has scored now.
Try wireless headphones.
Block out everything but what you want to hear. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

@Turvey the London mayor isn't going to help classic car owners if he's going to put a charge up for people driving old diesels and petrols. 

Surely they'll be special dispensation for classics over a certain age? 

31 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Try wireless headphones.
Block out everything but what you want to hear. emoji6.png

Even the Mrs? 🤔 😁

• Like 3

@Turvey I kind of doubt it as the ultra low emissions zones are aimed on charging people who own older cars as they are saying things about pollution and premature death increase

• Sad 1

20180829_131734.thumb.jpg.7dc0642df66bac5ca571574f0dc8c5b7.thumb.jpg.62c9a01b492876d236dc881932cfe8cf.jpg

Update on the hard drive replacement; which i discussed here 

I don't have a personal computer in the house; I've been using my phone for almost ten years now,

As result I can't download the PlayStation firmware update on to a memory key and install it to the new harddrive on the PlayStation, I tried the computers in work but the PlayStation website is blocked on there server.

Today I went to the toilet ok predictive text is telling the truth there i did, i then went to the local library and used a computer to download the software in the way instructed on the website however when I got home and tried it out; the PlayStation said no 🤔

So I asked the wife to bring it to the computer repair store when on her way to collect the kids from school as I had to go to work,

They took her phone number and said they would phone when it was available for collection; 

20 minutes later she received the phone call to say it was ready for collection and when she got there he charged 🤮€25.00/£22.50 For the service 🤠

I asked her if he looked like this lad Mr.Robin B the third 😂 €25.00/£22.50 just to flash the hard drive with an update from a memory key.

original-batman-robin-costume--103572-original-batman-robin-kostuem-costume.thumb.jpg.0be42cbf3463351f99c2c6459e2f3317.jpg

• Like 2

Even the Mrs? [emoji848] [emoji16]
Even that. [emoji6]
Mine can drown out my missus and she's a right noisy beggar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dam Sony t.v's don't let you use wireless headphones,i do use them a lot of times on my laptop or ipad through wireless.

When there charged and i don't forget 😕

If you have a optical output then you can.
My headphones are Sony ones anyway.
Weren't cheap and are Dolby / DTS compatible [emoji41].

• Like 1

@Stoney871 if you are going on holiday and park on a residential road and leave the car there to take the train to the airport and refuse to move your car when told by a person on that road 'my son normally parks there' and come back to see both rear tires had been sliced and a large dent has appeared what would you do?

This had happened to my dad's friend recently. I'd probably report that lady to the police and say there is suspicion of her or someone related to her had caused the damage. 

It's tricky to prove that they did it unless seen doing so.
Allegations without evidence never get anywhere.
Parking in a non restricted residential area is the right of any road user, damaging cars for parking there is selfish and cruel.
A few years back someone threatened my mother because she parked in a marked disabled bay outside their house.
Mother is in her 70's and registered disabled so has a right to park in any disabled bay.
Just because it's outside someones house doesn't make it exclusively theirs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

It's tricky to prove that they did it unless seen doing so.
Allegations without evidence never get anywhere.
Parking in a non restricted residential area is the right of any road user, damaging cars for parking there is selfish and cruel.
A few years back someone threatened my mother because she parked in a marked disabled bay outside their house.
Mother is in her 70's and registered disabled so has a right to park in any disabled bay.
Just because it's outside someones house doesn't make it exclusively theirs.

It's just sad there are people like that out there 😢. I wired in my dash cam to run whilst the car is switched off just in case anything happens but still no one wants anyone damaging their property. If you have a house with no driveway it's kind of silly saying to people not to park in front. 

When I go uni I have to park in a residential road as they don't let students in their car park till after 4:30. Once I parked outside someone's house not in front of the driveway and not over the drop down kurb. My car was between their gate and the other house next door. The guy from the house said to me it may not be a good idea parking there as I might get a ticket. I said to him kindly its alright parking here plus I asked his wife weeks before about parking in the same spot and she said its alright. After he said its your own risk. Came back to the car few hours later and no problems. 

I think if I ever get a house I want it to be away from colleges, unis, religious places anywhere which may cause people to park their cars and go out the road. The residents near my uni I'm sure must hate it seeing students park on their roads. 

On 8/30/2018 at 5:51 PM, Lenny said:

20180829_131734.thumb.jpg.7dc0642df66bac5ca571574f0dc8c5b7.thumb.jpg.62c9a01b492876d236dc881932cfe8cf.jpg

Update on the hard drive replacement; which i discussed here 

I don't have a personal computer in the house; I've been using my phone for almost ten years now,

As result I can't download the PlayStation firmware update on to a memory key and install it to the new harddrive on the PlayStation, I tried the computers in work but the PlayStation website is blocked on there server.

Today I went to the toilet ok predictive text is telling the truth there i did, i then went to the local library and used a computer to download the software in the way instructed on the website however when I got home and tried it out; the PlayStation said no 🤔

So I asked the wife to bring it to the computer repair store when on her way to collect the kids from school as I had to go to work,

They took her phone number and said they would phone when it was available for collection; 

20 minutes later she received the phone call to say it was ready for collection and when she got there he charged 🤮€25.00/£22.50 For the service 🤠

I asked her if he looked like this lad Mr.Robin B the third 😂 €25.00/£22.50 just to flash the hard drive with an update from a memory key.

There are 2 types of software update "UPDATE.PUP" files. The first one listed on the PlayStation website is purely just an update and only about 350mb. That's why you couldn't get it to work because it isn't the full software. 
The second one which is further down the page and about 800mb is for use when you install a completely new HDD and have to do a full initialisation of the PS4 which is needed when installing a new hdd as they are encoded.

I swapped my original PS4s HDD to a 2tb and had all my data backed up to an external HDD. When I bought my PS4 Pro a few weeks ago, I swapped the HDD to the 2tb from the original PS4 (had to fully back up the HDD and then do a full initialisation on the pro, then do a restore from the external HDD).

£22.50 for what is a 10 minute job, he's definitely Mr Robin B, lol. 

• Thanks 1

My MSI laptop keyboard as its so fast and best i have ever had but its an American set up so i have to press Shift to get a @ and things like £ which aint even on the keys.

Also very small space bar so if i type ........my fiesta..... most times i get one word.......myfiesta.....as i think i hit the space which i didn't do and same as some letters.

Lots of Edit i do.

• Like 1

I don't like the DPF trying to regen on a short 30mph journey again yesterday, despite several longer trips on the days prior to that!  The Focus's both did the same as well, who codes these things!? 😒 

In other news, it's getting less and less likely that I'll be able to afford a Mk3 facelift within the next month or so, so am looking into other cars...  Citroen C4 seems to come with most of the spec of the Focus, should be comfy being a large Citroen, and some have a 1.2 Puretech petrol with 130bhp and £30 tax...  I know nothing about the reliability of those engines though...  And obviously doesn't look as good as the Focus.  It's £2k less than a Focus for equivalent year and miles though...hmm...  :unsure: 

• Like 1

@TomsFocus what conditions cause the regen to start? It's hard for me to decide even to get a car with a DPF if I know i might have to spend money on changing it. 

I think Citroëns do have soft suspension although reliability is something to look into as French cars don't really have a good rep for that. Yes I did have a Peugeot 107 but the engine was made by Toyota so was kind of reliable. Although speaking of that the DV6 engine in my fiesta has been reliable. 

10 hours ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus what conditions cause the regen to start? It's hard for me to decide even to get a car with a DPF if I know i might have to spend money on changing it. 

I think Citroëns do have soft suspension although reliability is something to look into as French cars don't really have a good rep for that. Yes I did have a Peugeot 107 but the engine was made by Toyota so was kind of reliable. Although speaking of that the DV6 engine in my fiesta has been reliable. 

The regens are meant to start when the filter reaches 80% saturation (soot loading) on the 2.0 TDI.  However there should be other criteria to meet, engine temp, fuel level etc...yet these are starting on a cold engine and with the fuel light on yesterday!

I've also probably only done 200 miles since the last regen, mostly longer trips.  But the car has done quite a few miles so the filter is likely to have a high ash load, before the soot adds to that.

It's just a case of timing for me though, in say 3 years time the 1.0 EcoBoosts will be easily in budget...  Yet it's pretty obvious I can't keep a DPF equipped diesel with my current driving so need a cheap to run petrol asap.

Ford's have their fair share of electrical and build quality issues these days, I'm not sure a Citroen would be any worse lol, but would need to look further into the Puretech engine reliability.

• Like 1

I think I might need help again with the SD card. I bought a new one a few weeks back and after a week I got a message on the dash cam saying if I want to delete all footage. This message used to come up once every few weeks on the old SD card. I said no on the message then it just said memory error. I formatted it last week and today just looked through my footage and I can't access all the files. It says something about the file might be corrupted or wrong format. 

Don't know whether to get a new one. 

Does your Dad have a dash cam?  Might be worth swapping cards to make sure it's the card at fault and not the camera?

I assume it's set to overwrite the oldest data on a loop so it shouldn't ever fill up?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club